Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Restorations, Fabrication, Tool and Shop Tech

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
V
Stalker

who can make me window security bars?

i have a garage window that needs to be secured and I've decided to go the route of installing security bars outside the window. However all the readily available pre-fabbed bars are just steel square tube. I require SOLID bars. Also heavy duty anchor points.

the window is maybe 2'h x 3'w. or smaller. i just want 4 vertical bars and 2 horizontal. all vertical bars would have plates to be anchored to the wall. Bars would be at least 3/4" solid steel bar. and secure welds at all cross points.

i can provide exact size and sketch after Monday. but basically about 15' total of solid bar, some cutting, and nice welds.... how much would that cost me if someone here was able to do it? i could also buy and cut the steel, just need someone to weld it up...

anyone willing/able to help?

...also , at least 2 major attempts have been made on trying to gain access through this window, the last being a week ago, so i need this asap.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
The Fixer

A buddy of mine has a welding rig on his truck, but he's been sick lately so not sure if he's up to doing any work, but I can find out for ya. There's also a welding shop on Madison Ave. in Dumont. It's set back across from the Dunkin' Donuts next to where the old Sunoco used to be. The guy there is pretty cool - he hooked me up with the steel plate when I did that rear seat belt project in my Monte.

OT I know, but did you ever get the frame for your flag and pictures? If not, I think the wood shop teacher I work with would be interested in making it for you.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Whoboy580

e mail me the sketch and i will get back to you with a price.

e-mail is whoboy580@aol.com
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
chrisfrom nj

paul i have a friend of mine named jaun thats all he works at alberona welding in orange
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
edpontiac91

I know this my seem simple, but why not just board up this window. Adding bars will just make it more of a challenge to whoever is trying to get into your garage. Also you could get a fake security camera mounted on the outside, one that has a flashing red light and rotates back and forth, and as a last recourse you could get a German Shepard and let him sleep in the garage.

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph

Last edited by edpontiac91; 03-31-2012 at 01:34 PM.
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
V
Stalker

Thanks to those who responded.

The current tenant said he already bought a window bar assembly available at Lowes. However, Its just not simple to install since it must be mounted onto cinderblock and therefore the included one-way wood screws are useless. I will be picking up concrete/block anchors on Monday and I have just ordered breakaway security nuts to install it all for him this week sometime.

The small window is nailed shut anyways but it had a rotted frame which was pulled out and is currently being repaired. The bars will defiantly deter anyone because more time would be needed and removal would require mechanical means which would draw too much attention. Its a shame that the area is getting worse, with several break-ins on the street during the last 2 weeks.(btw this is down in Hudson county)

and Steve, no I have not found nor made a flag frame yet. I get distracted too easily lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
chrisfrom nj

paul theres alot of break ins by my house thats why i got a pitbull allways on duty inside my house
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
shadowfire

we have break ins here sometimes... i have a toy for dealing with that a few toys really
Old 03-31-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

i can do it. send me exactly what you want and ill fab em up with my pops
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
The Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
and Steve, no I have not found nor made a flag frame yet. I get distracted too easily lol
Well, if you want him to do it, give me a call and I'll see when you can stop by the school. We're going on Spring Break on Thursday of this week so it'll most likely get done after the vacation - we go back April 16. Let me know!

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Restorations, Fabrication, Tool and Shop Tech