Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 06-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
DaSkinnyGuy

Review of my 85,000 mile Monster level 2 single disc

After 85,000 miles I've been completely satisfied with this clutch along with the tick adjustable master cyclinder. I've driven cars with other brand clutches and out of all them I prefer this brand. Reason I am writing is the clutch has come to the end of its life finally starting to slip. My next purchase will be a Monster level 3 single disc.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #2
WSex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkinnyGuy View Post
After 85,000 miles I've been completely satisfied with this clutch along with the tick adjustable master cyclinder. I've driven cars with other brand clutches and out of all them I prefer this brand. Reason I am writing is the clutch has come to the end of its life finally starting to slip. My next purchase will be a Monster level 3 single disc.
even the stage 5 is a walk in the park to drive...
WSex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
madness410

how much did the clutch set up run you?

was the tick master cylinder a PITA to install? i may be looking at getting one
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 AM   #4
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
how much did the clutch set up run you?

was the tick master cylinder a PITA to install? i may be looking at getting one
I don't remember the price when I bought the first one 5 years ago, but currently the clutch package retails for $780 for the Level 2 and $730 for the level 3. I didn't do the install so I don't know. This time I will be doing the install.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
xrelapse13

Sounds like you certainly got your money's worth out of it lol. After two level 3's came apart on me I won't ever run another one of their clutches.

Install isn't bad at all. Get a couple feet worth of extension for the top trans bolts and drop the crossmember to get more room and it's a breeze.

2000 ws6
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #6
creeper

I jumped in on the $100 off deal in May

I did level 1 with lightweight flywheel, remote bleeder, and already had Tick master. I'll be happy if I get 85,000 out of it, the car will have 263,000 miles by then.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #7
DaSkinnyGuy

It's been driven pretty hard, a lot of interstate miles, dozen drag strip passes before I installed the headers, i don't know how else I could have used the clutch any better to have a longer life and anti rice guy has been a passenger and got to ride in it.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline