Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 05-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #26
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

interesting, do you have a link to pics of the set up? we would have to get a look at what you are talking about to make that call.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 05-27-2007, 10:18 AM   #27
Batman
11 Second Club

Hey Timk, I have one quick question about tires for pure street, you have listed 275/50 is the biggest you can go but any of the 4th Gen's with 17's are 275/40. I see this as a disadvantage (smaller sidewall) and I am assuming you are using the 275 as the restriction, but I just wanted to clarify.
-Nick
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 AM   #28
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
interesting, do you have a link to pics of the set up? we would have to get a look at what you are talking about to make that call.
I'm 99% sure that what he is talking about is also referred to as the Pete Z bar setup or something like that. It's the setup that Ron was running on his car for a little while.

- Justin

Old 05-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #29
nosfedgta

they are out of business. so i dont have a link for ya. i will try to get a pic of my car for you. Like i said though there is no adjustment at all. so its kind of a disadvantage. You cant make changes for different tracks. its what came on the car when i bought it and I just have not had the chance to change it...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #30
nosfedgta

check this lin k out, it has a few pics.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/su...-traction.html

Does anyone reading this have a problem with me running this setup????
Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #31
nosfedgta

so I guess there is no probs with this??? I have not got a response yet? this event is not to far away so i need some feedback...
Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 AM   #32
V
Stalker

if you want a answer, post better pics here, those linked you have to be a member to veiw them.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #33
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

sorry i didn't get back to you right away, been busy.
wanted to ask if there is a welded in cross member or mount for any of the links of the chassis side of the susupension?

Old 06-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #34
nosfedgta

its got the 2 bars welded to the rear, one left and one on the right. they go up to a bar that is welded to the subframes. other than that everything else is stock. shocks, springs, lca's, panhard, the only thing missing is the torque arm. Like I said its not the best suspension setup, but its what came with the car. It has ZERO adjustability.......
Old 06-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #35
onebad82z

Some pics to help out nosfedgta...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ssm1.jpg (41.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ssm2.jpg (51.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ssm3.jpg (38.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #36
nosfedgta

well I guess there is no problem with it so im going to run the class and I hope there is no problem when I get there...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #37
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

sorry i didn't get back to you. ihave been rather busy lately.
since the forward pick up points are not the factory ones, i don't think we can allow it to run in a bolt on class. it opens too big a loop hole that i quickly fuond too many people ready to jump through. sorry.
your car is still eligable for the outlaw class, but you may be out gunned depending who decides to show up.
it is written into the notes as something to persue for next year, hopefully we can have a class that is a better fit for you then.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #38
vegaken
9 Second Club

Tim I was wondering about being able to use a new set of tires that I just bought for the index classes at Atco. I bought a set of 28 x12.5 et streets. These measure the same as my 28 x 10.5 will these be allowed or am i going to have to get another set of rims to race on for that day and put the slicks on them.
Thanks,
Ken

Bammann Racing small block N/A
Doug Nash 5 speed
Stock supsension
Old 06-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #39
nosfedgta

Quote:
sorry i didn't get back to you. ihave been rather busy lately.
since the forward pick up points are not the factory ones, i don't think we can allow it to run in a bolt on class. it opens too big a loop hole that i quickly fuond too many people ready to jump through. sorry.
your car is still eligable for the outlaw class, but you may be out gunned depending who decides to show up.
it is written into the notes as something to persue for next year, hopefully we can have a class that is a better fit for you then.
well thats too bad. Its just wierd to me that I go to MANY stock supension races and never have a problem. I will run the outlaw class I guess... some things to look at for next year are this rule and the power adder rule. when you say one powerr adder it should not matter one turbo is one turbo same goes for supercharer or nitrous. It should be limited to one power adder, not one power adder but if you run nitrous you can only run a plate....if you limit one you have to limit the others as well... like only being able to run a 67mm turbo and only run a t trim blower or only being able to run a pb6 housing.... etc.

Their are some classes that run your rules, but they are not allowed any blowers or turbo's, or they are allowed but only allowed to run a 26x8in slick.

Just some things to look at for next year. I race at many races during the years and see many rules and changes every year. I have run in some ORCSA races, stock suspension races, 28x10.5 tire class, index, bracket, all out grudge etc....

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Just come up and say hello. My car is an 83 z28 with all 92 gfx it is white with blue tribal flames.. wheeewww its going to be a long haul up there....
Old 07-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #40
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

thanks for all the suggestions. hopefuly this year will go well and we can refine the class rules and maybe build a few new classes for next year.
looking forward to meeting you and seeing the car perform.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #41
onebad82z

Will there be any TnT lanes open at the event? I will have no seat time before then to know what times it will run and don't want to enter into a class that I am outpaced in. My car is too modified to run Pure Street yet I have a feeling not fast enough to compete in Hot Street. And with no seat time I have no desire to look like a fool in any bracket class..
Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #42
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

yes, there will be time shot/grudge lanes at the nats

Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM   #43
onebad82z

Talking

Quote:
Excellent!!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #44
bubba428

Quote:
Pure Street: This is intended to be an entry level heads up category for the true streeter.

General Specs: All cars must have current registration, inspection, and insurance along with functioning street running gear(headlights, turn signals, brake lights, horn, windshield wipers) and a "full interior"(factory appearing dash, two front automotive seats large enough to seat an adult, console if factory equipped, full interior plastics/trim, carpet, and headliner)
All cars in Pure Street will launch from a foot brake. No transbrakes or two steps allowed.
Racing will be on a .400 Pro-Tree and eliminations will be done on a ladder developed from your qualifying passes.
All vehicles must be GM F-Body based and pass an NHRA style safety and tech inspection.
Tires: Max Drag Radial: 275/50-XX
Max Slick/Cheater Slick: 26x9.5/XX
All tires must have size stamped clearly on sidewall to be legal
Any size of front tire acceptable
Suspension: Suspension is limited to bolt on type components that retain the function of the factory components.
Base Weights: All cars must weigh a minimum of 3400lbs
Engine: All engines are to be small block V8 based and no power adders allowed.
Drivetrain: Any factory style, automotive type transmission. No planetary, clutchless shift, or Lenco style transmissions accepted.

1)so does this mean I could use a couple dough nuts sense I'm a poor redneck and can afford drag lites
2) so even if its not a factory motor?

Quote:
DAMN DAMN DAMN I really wish the V6 could have made it...I really wanted to bury that big red abortion they call an f-body

Last edited by bubba428; 07-19-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #45
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

donuts ae not speed rated above 50-60 miles an hour, so no you can't run them.
an N/A V6 has no shot against aV8. if anyone cares to waste the entry fee feel free, just don't expect to get anywhere.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 PM   #46
QuikZ

Pure street tire question

The rules say 275-50-xx as the largest tire, is a 275-60-15 OK? MT drag radial.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #47
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikZ View Post
The rules say 275-50-xx as the largest tire, is a 275-60-15 OK? MT drag radial.
We are sorry, however it is limited to a 275/50 due to tire height restrictions. A 28" tall tire like a 275/60/15 would be an advantage over the guys who are stuck running a 26" tall tire.

- Justin

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals