Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 12-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

2007 Bracket Racing Classes and Rules

We are keeping with the theme of using what works and refining to make things run more smoothly. The plan is to offer two foot brake based bracket classes and one pro/electronics bracket class. Rules are simple and pretty wide open, with the goal being to offer everyone someplace to play with somewhat similarly equipped cars.
Two general requirements, all cars must have either a Camaro or Firebird body and all cars must pass an NHRA safety and tech inspection.

True Radial Bracket: This is a foot brake bracket class(no trans brakes/two steps/delay boxes or any other type of ET control electronics permitted) designed around the idea of a daily driver pulling in the same way it sees the street everyday of it's life. Registered and inspected street cars w/ "full interior", all exhaust passing through a muffler(s) and non-racing construction radial tires.
Tire Rules: We are keeping it to 2 simple rules, minimum treadwear of 150 as stamped on the sidewall of the tire and the tire must have a minimum tread depth of 4/32's.
Exhaust Rules: Are also being left very simple, if it was sold, marketed, or installed as a noise reduction device in your exhaust, it is a muffler. This allows for all loudmouth, bullet muffler, single chamber, and straight through style mufflers to be used in this class.
Interior Rules: Our consideration of a "full interior" is pretty straight forward. Two front seats, they don't have to match but they should both be automotive type seats large enough for an adult to sit in, complete factory appearing dash, full carpet/interior panels(including some sort of door panels), and a console if factory equipped(first and second gens may remove the console since it was factory available that way, but the area must be carpeted)

Race Tire Bracket: This class is designed around people who have taken the performance of their car a bit further into the racing world than the common daily driver. It is also a foot brake only class (no trans brakes/two steps/delay boxes or any other type of ET control electronics permitted), just with the rules opened up to allow all those little things most people do to improve the performance of their car. This class will be open to any tire with a treadwear of 149 or less, any construction style accepted, and no minimum tread depth(yes, full slicks are legal). There are also no restriction for interior or exhaust(there are no requirements for either as well ) Open cutouts, open headers, and gutted cars are acceptable. Basically, bring whatever you want that you launch from a foot brake.

Pro Electronics Bracket: This is the class for the advanced bracket racer. All types of ET prediction and control electronics are acceptable. No tire size or construction restrictions and no interior required. Basically, bring whatever you want that leaves off a button.

Prizes:Each bracket class will have nice big trophies for both winner and runner up as well as a $100 cash prize to the winner. We will add additional prizes and awards to the bracket program as sponsorship for the event is secured.

Got any comments, questions, concerns about the rules? Please let NJSPEEDER or Tru2Chevy know and we will address them as quickly as possible.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
baddest434
8 Second Club

Pro Electronics Bracket: This is the class for the advanced bracket racer. All types of ET prediction and control electronics are acceptable. No tire size or construction restrictions and no interior required. Basically, bring whatever you want that leaves off a button.

thats for me. just hope there is more than just me and 1 other person in that class this time.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

with the prize fund and lots of promoting planned, we should have a good turn out.
start talkin it up to your friends and on the forums now, the more people hear about it the more are likely to show

Old 12-06-2006, 06:45 AM   #4
kazman

Tim, I like the rule changes for '07. Simple and hey its bracket racing.

Questions:
Can you run Race Tire Bracket and Pro Electronics?

Is deep staging allowed in either classes.

If both classes are allowed would I be able to leave the trans brake switch in if it wasn't used in Race Tire Class. Its easy to tell when I leave from the button.

I hope the date doesn't conflict with my points races at the Grove.

Thanks Jim

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

deep staging will be allowed in all bracket classes, as always ti will be up to the driver to make sure it is clearly marked so the starter knows you are going in deep.

as far as entering multiple classes, i will let you know. we have to work out the time table for the day before we can say how realistic it is. based on participation the last few years, i doubt it will be a problem.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quick question Tim:

True Radial Bracket:
Tire Rules: We are keeping it to 2 simple rules, minimum treadwear of 150 as stamped on the sidewall of the tire and the tire must have a minimum tread depth of 4/32's.

Race Tire Bracket: This class will be open to any tire with a treadwear of 149 or less, any construction style accepted, and no minimum tread depth(yes, full slicks are legal).

So..... if I show up with an f body.... with worn bf drag radials..... I would fit into the race tire bracket correct?

And... is it a 0.400 or 0.500 tree?

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

yes, drag radials would go in the race tire bracket.

it is a .500 sportsman tree.

good luck

Old 08-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #8
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Last question - True Radial Bracket - can I run weld drag lites with front runner moroso ds2's?

I would still run true legal street tires in back.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

yes, it is just the drive tires that are limited since they would be the source of any traction advantage.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Thank you.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2007 East Coast F-Body Nationals