Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
quasar34

Suspension shops near Bergen County?

Im just about ready to do rebuild my front end and install eibach pro-kit springs (1" drop) and bilstein hds all around. (I know I need an adjustable panhard bar, but do I really need lower control arm relocating brackets and control arms?) Im looking for a shop in or around Bergen county that can handle the install.
quasar34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
creeper

i'm up at the top of bergen, found a few places that'd do it but for $400+ i decided just to do it myself with the help of a friend. anyway, you don't NEEEEEEED an adjustable panhard bar right away, but it's a good idea. lca brackets aren't necessarily NEEDED either but for my car try to launch without them was an absolute joke. noooo traction. rain was even worse. unless you only want handling i'd definitely invest in them, maybe even before a panhard bar. the lca's will eliminate the rest of the wheel hop and make everything feel more solid as well. worthwhile IMO but they can wait, or you can just get some better bushings for the stock ones if you so choose.

also, you may want to take another look at the spring/shock combo you chose before you install them. first of all, eibach pro-kit springs are not a 1" drop(for 4th gens at least). you might have the SLP eibachs which are a 1" otherwise it's gonna be more(again, assuming you have a 4th gen). second, bilstein HD's are not valved properly for lowering springs, they are made for stock height so you may want to rethink those before you spend all the money to install those and have it all aligned.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|

Last edited by creeper; 06-04-2009 at 08:04 PM.
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
quasar34

its a thirdgen (89 trans am). everywhere ive seen the pro kit is am 1" drop and the sport is more. what shocks would you suggest?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
creeper

okay yeah for the 3rd gen i guess it's less. for 4th gens it's more like 1.5"

i'm not all too familiar with shocks for 3rd gens. looking quick there's the bilstein sport shocks, which are basically the same thing as the HD's just more appropriate for lowering springs. otherwise you could step up to koni's(generally considered the best shock for 4th gens) but they're probably quite a bit more expensive. orrrr you could go with something like KYB's or tokico's but i've heard they aren't built as well as the others.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
Teds89IROC

I did a front end rebuild plus the eibach pro-kit on the iroc and it dropped the front a little more than an inch. The back is still about the same so you won't absolutely need the relocation brackets or an adj panhard bar. I had Euro-tire on Rt. 46 E in Fairfield do the alignment and they did an awesome job. Just be careful who does the alignment because not every shop knows how to adjust the specs for a lowered car.
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey