Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 10-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Paramus Chevy/CGCA Car Show, October 16, 2016

Update: The flyer is misleading. Per IROC-Mike & his contact at Class Glass Corvette, the cost for any car to enter, regardless of being in the judged showing or not, is $20. Most members intend to meet up at the Dunkin Donuts/Walgreens parking lot off Cedar Hill Avenue in Wyckoff, NJ around 10:00AM or so for a casual get together and then possibly visiting the show as spectators.

Address of initial meeting spot (10:00AM): 525 Cedar Hill Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481

Some members will visit the Garden State Plaza to spectate the show thereafter.

Sunday, 10/16/16 at the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus...

http://cgcacorvette.webhost4life.com...%2016-2016.pdf

*edit*
So far, it's looking like we're going to have a nice little mini-meet!
  1. Mike - Jersey Mike
  2. Anthony - MyFirstZ
  3. Jake - qwikz28
  4. Alex - ar0ck
  5. Rob - Rob.z_28 (IG follower) - Not sure of his user name
  6. Tim - Tim4thewin
  7. Mike - IROCMIKE
  8. Ted - Tr0cz
  9. Keith - Creeper
  10. Josh - 97Camaro
  11. Mohammed - (99 Z28. club guest.)
  12. Paul - V
  13. Shawn - onew1ckedz

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 10-14-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
madness410

starts at 9am any idea how late it will go?
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

I think I saw 9am-5pm somewhere. Got bless any one that has the will to do that. I'm expecting to go for a few hours, not 8.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I'm down, I'm actually off and the Firebird runs!
Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 AM   #5
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I'm in there! Going early though so I can leave before football starts.

My car is in Mahwah, though, so I'm not bringing it.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
I'm down, I'm actually off and the Firebird runs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
I'm in there! Going early though so I can leave before football starts.
Nice! Anthony and I should be there as well. Let's all coordinate a meet-up time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
My car is in Mahwah, though, so I'm not bringing it.
10-15 minute drive on a Sunday. Quit complaining & go get the bitch!

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

So far, it's looking like we're going to have a nice little mini-meet!
  1. MIke - Jersey Mike
  2. Anthony - MyFirstZ
  3. Jake - qwikz28
  4. Alex - ar0ck
  5. Rob - Rob.z_28 (IG follower) - Not sure of his user name
  6. Tim - Tim4thewin_ (IG follower) - Not sure of his user name
  7. Mike - IROCMIKE
  8. Ted - Tr0cz

Quote:

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 10-12-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #8
rockbox

Why do they always make these car shows a full day? I never understood that, I don't want to get up on a Sunday the same time I do for work to get to a car show! Especially in October when it's 36 degrees at 9am!

That's my two cents.

rockbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:45 PM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
Why do they always make these car shows a full day? I never understood that, I don't want to get up on a Sunday the same time I do for work to get to a car show! Especially in October when it's 36 degrees at 9am!

That's my two cents.
Judging. That drinks time. And you can't have a show end too late in the fall because its dark fast.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM   #10
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Nick, +1. I'm not going that early. Let's establish a time tomorrow/Friday. I'm going to text the other guys tonight and see what they have to say

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #11
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Mike, add Ted (tr0cz) to the list. Lets co-ordinate a meet up time, I'm looking forward to this, the weather looks to be on our side. And if anyone wants to come over early and help me re-install a dash pad that would be fantastic.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:27 PM   #12
IROC-MIKE

I'm absolutely in. I get to this show by 9AM because it fills up quick. It usually breaks up around 3 but why rush to leave early? Its supposed to be good weather all day and thats what the DVR is for. This is a very good show and its the last "real" one for the season. There may be a few more before its time to put the cars away for the winter, but this is put on by a Corvette club so always a huge turnout. 2 years ago there was maybe 6 or 7 F-bodies, but last year there was over a dozen so its definitely getting more of us there. Those of us who made it to Chatterbox represented strong with a good showing of F-Bodies so lets make this one even better! I was able to get a few of us to rally in together and I have to say it was really nice to roll in with everyone. Since this one is more local, how about a rally there since it probably will be the last time were all able to get together until next season (which is about 5 months out). I'm down to driving in the opposite direction of the show just to meet up with someone who wants to keep picking up cars along the way in order to get things rolling. I'm calling you out Jersey Mike. If you want to post where you're at I'll map everyone out and plot a course.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #13
IROC-MIKE

Chatterbox 2016

For those of you who missed Chatterbox 2016; there was another complete row of F-Bodies behind us.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chatterbox 2016.jpg (98.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #14
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

This list is growing and I love it!!

Quote:
Old 10-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #15
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Is anyone opposed to meeting at the Dunkin Donuts/Rite Aid off Cedar Hill ave in Wyckoff? I can't speak for everyone but I know a handful of us are all coming from that general area.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #16
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Is anyone opposed to meeting at the Dunkin Donuts/Rite AidWalgreens off Cedar Hill ave in Wyckoff? I can't speak for everyone but I know a handful of us are all coming from that general area.
Geographically, that works for me.

Quote:

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 10-13-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #17
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

*edit*
Let's all meet at the Dunkin Donus/Walgreens shopping center, right of Rt. 208 on Cedar Hill Avenue, in Wyckoff at approximately10:00AM Sunday. This is a casual get together. Let's hang out here for a while & then pay a visit to the Corvette show if some members feel so inclined.

That work for you guys?

Quote:

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 10-14-2016 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Times
Old 10-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #18
IROC-MIKE

I was already going with my dads Corvette crew that I follow to Chatterbox so I already planned on being there early. This show starts at 9 and those guys will be rolling in around 8:30 to get the primo spots for themselves. They know the guys running the show so I told him to ask the organizers if they can save us a block of spots together but we're not sure if they will allow that. I can absolutely save a few when I get there (I expect to be there no later than 9:30) but if the lot fills up quick they may tell me to open the spots. Usually most shows allow us to hold spots for the first hour to let the rest of our group to arrive (longer if its slow starting). I need to have a number of cars guaranteed to show and will try to have the organizers save as a "club area" for those cars as soon as the show opens, and we can then save a few extras for those of you who cant commit until last minute. Last year it got pretty full and although they opened the overflow lot it would split the group by a few hundred feet. Although this is a Corvette show its open to all GM cars and the F-Bodies are getting more popular every year! With the absence of a dedicated F-Body show this is a nice substitute.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #19
Tim4thewin

Social Networks:

I'm pretty flexible, I'll be up early the day of the event. Keep me informed while nailing down a solid game plan. Hope we get a good turn out and get a chance for some cruising!
Tim4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #20
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Hey Tim!!

So, a little surprise twist. Update this tomorrow but IROC Mike bought us some VIP treatment!!

Quote:
Old 10-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #21
V
Stalker

Oh, what the hell... I'm in too.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:43 AM   #22
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
So, a little surprise twist. Update this tomorrow but IROC Mike bought us some VIP treatment!!

Neat little development that I wanted to share with you guys:

I got a call from IROC-Mike last night with some news. His dad is friends with some of the folks running the show & told them that some NJFBOA guys were going to come out. They've agreed to reserve us their prime real estate under the label of "club parking," with the stipulation that we actually deliver. This is their 42nd annual show, & the last thing they want is egg on their face because they've got empty spaces in the RSVP'd section up front.
  • It's my understanding that the majority of us intend to leave before the show ends and are not interested in the "judging" portion of the show. For that reason, our club will only need to pay $5 to park in the show, instead of the $20 that the other cars will be paying to enter.
  • They ask that the majority of the club arrive before 10:15am, though. They will get busy. Both Spectators & other cars will be flooding in, and they can't justify holding 10-12 empty spots up front. It looks bad to both spectators & the other cars.

Let's leave the Dunkin Donuts/Walgreens on Cedar Hill in Wyckoff by 10:00am so we're at the show by 10:15 at the latest. I'm pretty flattered that they're showing us this courtesy & respect. It's great to see club-to-club interaction & support. I know we're going to show well too

How's that sound to everyone?

Quote:

Last edited by Jersey Mike; 10-14-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:49 AM   #23
onew1ckedz

You can add me to the list
Old 10-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #24
IROC-MIKE

I spoke with one of the members of Class Glass Corvette last night. I told him we were planning on rolling in together as a group but some of us may not be able to make it until 10:30. The show starts at 9 and usually they don't want cars driving around more than an hour into it because of the pedestrian safety. They will allow individuals to arrive almost anytime all day, but a group of 10 cars at once will be a problem because at that point they will open the second lot to such a large group. Of course we could do that at 10:30 with no problem, but the main lot is really where you want to be. I asked if they could hold a block of a dozen spots together for us in the main lot so we could park side by side and not get split into 2 different parking lots if some show up when it opens and others show later. He just so happened to be at their club meeting to discuss the show so he was able to go over it with the other organizers and they offered us this:

As long as a few of us show up at 9 he is going to put us in the best location right at the front of the entrance. I asked he put us there because we wont have other cars behind us and can sit behind the cars on the grass. In order to do this, he wants us to have at least 6 cars there when the show starts (or by 9:30 the latest) and said we are to park on the lines taking up 2 spaces per car. He will meet me at the gate and tell the others that its OK for us to park like this. This way they will be able to fill in the show field around us. As the rest of you arrive, we can safely move single cars over to fit them in without causing too much disruption. The clubs main concern is that if they hold the best spots open and only 3 of us show: A) it wont look good on us and B) they will be refusing Corvettes parking at a Corvette show which looks bad on them. They usually only do this for Corvettes but I told him we were showing as a club and I'm kind of sticking my neck out asking them to make this work for us. I dont want him, me, or this group to look bad if by 11:00 we have only 4 cars. So, IF the 8 of you who already are listed to show and are ABSOLUTELY going to make it, I will get there about 8:45 to lock down the spots which, again will only be reserved until 10:00. I go to this show with my dad & his Corvette group so I can easily park with them if we cant get enough people to make this work but I'd much rather represent with the F-Bods. I'm in Wyckoff so its just a 5 minute ride for me but I will be taking the car out for a stretch much earlier to warm it up so I'm more than happy to meet up with others who want to roll in with me.

As of last night Jersey Mike is going to still meet up at Dunkin in Wyckoff but is trying to push that time earlier because they said you MUST BE THERE BY 10 or there is a POSSIBILITY they will ask us to give up the empty spots to random cars before they open the second overflow lot (which is usually around 10:30 if the turnout is as good as expected). You will still be allowed to enter but you could be alone somewhere else in the first lot or as a group in the second lot if its already opened before you arrive. They expect it to be one of their best shows because the day is supposed to start sunny and be good all day so the field fills up quick. Last year we had snow flurries and it still made it to the second lot! I know of a few other 3rd Gens that will be there solo, so I'll ask them if they want to park with us. The organizers are excited that we're going to make such a huge F-Body showing and if this works out well, I'm sure I can get them to hook us up for their Spring show.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #25
IROC-MIKE

NEW CHANGES TO ENTRANCE FEE:
When I asked them to hold the spots I also wanted to confirm the entrance fee for those who didnt want to get judged was only $5 because the flyer was vague at best. First he said it was $5 then a few minutes later said $20. After we spoke, when he asked the club during the meeting about our group request, he then sent me a text saying he was wrong and that it was only $5 to enter but $20 to get judged. Thats when I spoke with Jersey Mike and turned off my phone. Sometime after that I received a follow up text from him (again, AFTER I turned off the phone) saying that it was $20 to enter. I'm not glued to my phone so I just saw the text, and I called him to clarify because he told me on the phone and by text it was $5! He said it is $20 to enter, judging is included as well as admission for passenger, a goodie bag, raffle tickets for door prizes, etc. He apologized about the misunderstanding and said that he is sorry if it makes a difference in someone attending. They are giving us PRIME REAL ESTATE so it would be impressive for us to show in full force. We will be to the right of the entrance tent along the tree line dividing the main and overflow lots.
All the other details in Jersey Mikes posting are correct. The organizer just said the BEST time for us to arrive is between 9-9:30. I told him our plans and he said 10:30 should not be a problem. IF were ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE ALL the spots will get filled they will not ask us to give them up.
They will have the gates open at 7AM for any insomniacs that want to show up that early.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events