Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 06-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
tcbnj

Forum member recommended shop in New Jersey

Folks
A good friend of mine, Steve Farkas, is going into the auto repair business full time after years doing it part time. Among the local autocross folks, he is known as a “go to” source for suspension tuning. His skills go beyond suspensions; however, and he can tackle all types of repairs and modifications. I have personally used Steve many times including basic maintenance (e.g., replacing brakes and rotors on a stock GMC SUV) to major modifications on my Firebird (e.g. installing Trick Flow heads, installing a Moser rear, installing C5 brakes). I recommend him to forum members for 3 primary reasons. (1) quality work, he takes his time to do the job the correct way, (2) customer service, he calls you on the status of the work before you call him and (3) he is a master fabricator, which is a key skill when working on older cars where parts availability is an issue. His shop has 2 regular lifts and an alignment lift as well as a tire balancing machine, Miller welder, sand blaster, Bridgeport lathe – you get the picture.

Steve’s website is http://www.sjfperformance.com/ which includes his phone number. While the site has a picture of his SCCA wide body Mustang, Steve is an equal opportunity wrench whose stable includes a ’78 Z28 and Z06

Steve is located in Oakridge, just south of West Milford off Route 23 in North Jersey.

Tom Brennan

"They're no good for you......all they ever think about are cars" - Two Lane BlackTop
tcbnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
creeper

I've met him once or twice at local autox events and he was a cool guy

I was looking for a good shop to do an alignment so I'll give him a call

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

His Mustang is nuts, by the way.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech