Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
bonesbrakr

Rear axle diameter

Blew out a rear axle spring perch and am going to get a replacement but need to know what diameter the rear axle is so i can get U bolts to bolt it on til i can get it welded. Car is at the shop so i cannot just go under and measure and want to order the parts from summit by tomorrow nite. It is a 94 firebird v6 if it matters....

Thanks
Bill
bonesbrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesbrakr View Post
Blew out a rear axle spring perch and am going to get a replacement but need to know what diameter the rear axle is so i can get U bolts to bolt it on til i can get it welded. Car is at the shop so i cannot just go under and measure and want to order the parts from summit by tomorrow nite. It is a 94 firebird v6 if it matters....

Thanks
Bill
should be around 2.625 for a 3rd or 4th gen. I assume you mean a sway bar mount? not sure how a u bolt will help you fix a spring perch.
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #3
bonesbrakr

No i mean the axle diameter. The new spring perch sits on top of the axle and can either be bolted or welded on so when i put it on i need to bolt it on then drive it to a shop to have it welded. This is what i will be using to fix the perch.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTI-RM-603/

Thanks
Bill
bonesbrakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesbrakr View Post
No i mean the axle diameter. The new spring perch sits on top of the axle and can either be bolted or welded on so when i put it on i need to bolt it on then drive it to a shop to have it welded. This is what i will be using to fix the perch.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTI-RM-603/

Thanks
Bill
ok, well its still around 2.625
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech