Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
JerzLT1

What Brakes

looking to do pads and rotors all the way around on my 04 2500 HD. any suggestions? they have enough life to order anything someone suggests.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Blacdout96

NAPA brand brake pads/rotors. Unlike other stores who sell inferior China spec material. our brand is sold through by Rabestos, and is made right here in the USA. Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Pepboys, etc are made for walk in customers, so the price is adjusted for them, but as they say, you get what you pay for. But most NAPA stores deal with shops and dealerships, so our parts MUST meet O.E specs AND quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 07-07-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
JerzLT1

went with hawks pads and duralast rotors (i think thats the brand)
Old 07-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
NAPA brand brake pads/rotors. Unlike other stores who sell inferior China spec material. our brand is sold through by Rabestos, and is made right here in the USA. Advance Auto, Auto Zone, Pepboys, etc are made for walk in customers, so the price is adjusted for them, but as they say, you get what you pay for. But most NAPA stores deal with shops and dealerships, so our parts MUST meet O.E specs AND quality.
Not to get into a dick-measuring contest, but Raybestos is a heap of dog ****. I wouldnt put them on Nasty's car.

Duralast pads are made by Moorse. Duralast rotors are mostly made in Mexico, our Valuecraft rotors are made in China. Duralast rotors are made in an ISO9000 certified production plant.
My local Public Works accounts love my C-max pads and rotors over your Napa gold.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Oh yea, well wearevers are better!
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
Camvill

hawk pads and duralast rotors

CURRENT RIDE- 99 Z28 with Ground Effects Slp intake Exhaust and Short Throw shifter- best 1/4 -13.34@105.6 New mods yet to be tested->Pacestter long tubes--->Tune by TTP= 349 RWHP 362 Ftlbs
Camvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:43 AM   #7
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Not to get into a dick-measuring contest, but Raybestos is a heap of dog ****. I wouldnt put them on Nasty's car.

Duralast pads are made by Moorse. Duralast rotors are mostly made in Mexico, our Valuecraft rotors are made in China. Duralast rotors are made in an ISO9000 certified production plant.
My local Public Works accounts love my C-max pads and rotors over your Napa gold.

neither would nasty

on a side note....i use duralast rotors and have had 0 problems with them. just get some vented and theyll be fine.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzLT1 View Post
looking to do pads and rotors all the way around on my 04 2500 HD. any suggestions? they have enough life to order anything someone suggests.
There is Wagner Severe Duty pads in the front of my truck. Much more bite than whatever I had before.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #9
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I put Raybestos rotors and Hawk HPS pads on my dad's 2500HD. Stops terrific. I believe the rotors I bought were not their bottom of the line units, though.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
Blacdout96

Quote:

Gold is only our Filters, which Wix makes them. You must mean our midgrade pads, which are SS pads. Depends on who's selling them what, I never recommend mids for large work trucks, we have special formulated pads for large trucks/work trucks.

We carry a selection of pads, not just good better best. we offer not by what your wallet has in it, but by what your car needs, and what it's tasks are used for.

TS- Base pads, for those who are goign to sell the car soon. usually an organic base, they are suited best for small passenger cars ( 90% of the time I do not recommend these)

SS- Midgrade pads, most meet minimal O.E. specifications, for medium cars/trucks/vans. Mostly of Ceramic, unless otherwise specified from the manufacturer that it needs to run organic, or semi-metallic, which they will be produced with those compounds to meet O.E. specs.

UP- Best pads ( although IMO our next set is better then these) These are of the highest quality to meet the O.E. specifications, and usually exceed the specs. Recommended for just about every vehicle including larger trucks unless otherwise specified.

ADO- Adaptive One pads, the best IMO. though costing less the nour UP pads, they pack an awesome formula that can't be beat. the pads are built and specifically formulate for the inside and outside of the rotor for maximum braking, heat disipation, longevity, and overall quality. I recommend these for higher end, performance cars, or anybody whos willing to get the most out of their cars.

Our Rotor's are of the best quality as well. We have two brands of Rotors as well, AND a performance rotor. Our base rotor meets O.E. specs easliy. Our Ultra Premium rotors are built with a special scatter vein system that moves the air more equally throughout the rotor for better heat dissipation. our High performance rotors I DONT recommend, they are drilled and slotted ( some are just slotted, but its up to the type of application.) But I would reccomned if you are a weekend road racer lookign for a performance rotor without the now I have to eat raman for a month to pay for them price I would recommend installing those when you get to the track with a performance pad for maximum braking. In the year+ time that I've been here, I've yet to see one rotor return defective, as well as pads. Only time I did was twice, and that was because the pads were incorrectly boxed lol. Im more then sure If Jerz would of put our pads on his car, he'd be more then satisfied and never look back. Get the good stuff, not the "meets my budget" stuff

Now Al, i'm sure some of your stuff is good, Im not knocking all of it, but like i said, youget what you pay for. NAPA is pricey because our parts prices relfect our parts. Like I said, we cater to shops more then walk ins because we cant afford to lose dealerships, and chain shops because they have customers coming back with bad brakes, so we sell the stuff that gets them in and out of the shop one time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Oh yea, well wearevers are better!
Legally they shouldn't be called wearever, they should be called wearout , those are the worst, the WORST in the aftermarket. There wasent a day that went by when I worked at Advance witout a defective exchange, and that was 2 years time.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 07-09-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #11
Blacdout96

EDIT: Raybestos transfered 90% of our manufacturing process to Raylock just before I got here. Raybestos still manufactures some of our stuff, but our pads/rotors have been handed over, which would explain why about a month after I got here, all the old, and I mean OLD raybestos boxes were shipped out. ( just talked to a rep about it.)

Apparently after raybestos moved from U.S. to China, they sucked, so just before I got here they switched to rayloc, which is still made here. Raybestos was top dog back in the late 90's, shame they tok that route.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #12
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

Hawks makes a nice product also there is a pad called Adaptive One. They have different formulations for the inner and outer pads. I have them on my truck and they seem to keep the brake dust to a minimum which is one of my biggest concerns.. (I hate polishing my wheels)
Old 11-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
S.J.SLEEPER

Napa ADO pads F.T.M.W !!!
Bigal keep your junk parts! try some ADO pads and you'll be a believer.
South Jersey Racecraft
S.J.SLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #14
crainholio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
EDIT: Raybestos transfered 90% of our manufacturing process to Raylock just before I got here. Raybestos still manufactures some of our stuff, but our pads/rotors have been handed over, which would explain why about a month after I got here, all the old, and I mean OLD raybestos boxes were shipped out. ( just talked to a rep about it.)

Apparently after raybestos moved from U.S. to China, they sucked, so just before I got here they switched to rayloc, which is still made here. Raybestos was top dog back in the late 90's, shame they tok that route.
I just finished returning a set of Raybestos high-end rotors, "Guaranteed No Turn Out of the Box" with painted hubs, etc. Noticed one was dragging on the pads in one spot during rotation but figured I'd test drive it...shook the whole car when I hit the brakes. Off they came, back they went.

Box said Made In China.

F**k Raybestos. Hope they make a pile of Yuan manufacturing in china.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #15
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.SLEEPER View Post
Napa ADO pads F.T.M.W !!!
I'm a very strong believer in the ADO pads, we have UP which is apparently one step above, but I feel that ADO's are infact the best we carry with a specific formulation for the inside and outside of the rotor, and those are the only thing I put on personal family cars and my vehicles.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #16
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Lots of good info in these threads. I will likely run ADOs as my next pad. Napa has really always put forth good quality products and I am a big fan of theirs.

Brakes on my Saturn are very tricky. They are a very front heavy car, and have a very weak rear brake setup. The end result is very hard on the front brakes. I glazed over the stock pads, so I switched to Centric rotors and Hawk HPS pads. They dust too much and squeak excessively, but bite amazingly. I'm hoping when I'm out of the city to switch to a less aggressive pad. Those pads have saved me from accidents that I am sure my stockers would not have stopped in time for. People on the Saturn forums though have seen great results with Duralast rotors and is likely what I will try next as the Centrics were not true from the factory. Never again will I mess with Centric.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech