Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #176
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yeah because North Jersey and NYC is the pinnacle of class
Compared to Philly fans? Yes.
See, NYC teams have won so many different championships that we just accept winning as just a regular happening, something that comes with the end of every sports season.
For Philly, forever full of second rate teams, teams that could never really pull it off, teams that choke and choke big.
Teams that put up a good fight, and every once and a while win a few games, sometimes the big one.
I belive this is the reason why Philly fans have this odd rage about themselves. Anyone remember the carnage of last years WS win?
Do you ever recall hearing anything like that happening in NYC?
No, no you dont.
Boston fans were like you...but they started to win more and more, and then they calmed down.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #177
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
hey you never know he pitched well the first game. hopefully the yanks learned to adjust to that 75 mph breaking ball they were all way out in front out it last game.
Yeah he pitched pretty well...he made a few mistakes and the Yankees jumped on them...that's pretty much been the theme of the series. Both teams have jumped on mistakes, the Yankees just jumped on a few more so far.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #178
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Compared to Philly fans? Yes.
See, NYC teams have won so many different championships that we just accept winning as just a regular happening, something that comes with the end of every sports season.
For Philly, forever full of second rate teams, teams that could never really pull it off, teams that choke and choke big.
Teams that put up a good fight, and every once and a while win a few games, sometimes the big one.
I belive this is the reason why Philly fans have this odd rage about themselves. Anyone remember the carnage of last years WS win?
Do you ever recall hearing anything like that happening in NYC?
No, no you dont.
Boston fans were like you...but they started to win more and more, and then they calmed down.
Al, please. No offense but NY fans are some of the most uneducated fans in any sport. Have you seriously tried talking to a Rangers fan? Most NY fans I know and talk to have the "oh, well every other team sucks and NY teams rule" and can't even carry on a decent conversation without resorting to NY is great blah blah blah. Christ, look at Game 1...fans LEAVING after the 7th inning....that's some great support.

All teams have their **** fans but Philly has the most passionate fans in any major sport(well aside from basketball). Flyers fans/Wachovia Center have been voted the hardest place to play for the last few years. You ask any media outlet and they'll say the Phillies and Eagles have the most passionate fans in the league(s). Some fans DO take it to far but please don't say the fans are 2nd rate because of the team(s) failure. NY fans aren't smart, they're just arrogant because of SOME teams success...they'd rather just quote rings and championships rather than talking the actual sport.

BTW, I give the Yankees and Giants credit...but the Rangers and Knicks? REALLY? Laughing stock of their respective leagues for the last 5 or so years.

EDIT: As I've said in the past there are very intelligent NY fans that can look at a team/game/situation and speak without bias. They're TRUE fans of whatever sport...but for that city they're few and far between IMO. I figured I'd say that again in case I pissed in someone's cornflakes and they decide to get all whiny.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 11-03-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #179
bubba428

philly is full of ignorant douchebags...and the worst part about south jersey is philly fans. I can't ****ing stand sports because of them. football, baseball, basketball, hockey all ruined but nut hugging philly fans....
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #180
Frosty

Sorry mud tire tossing isn't a popular sport.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #181
87GTA

Quote:
Al, please. No offense but NY fans are some of the most uneducated fans in any sport. Have you seriously tried talking to a Rangers fan? Most NY fans I know and talk to have the "oh, well every other team sucks and NY teams rule" and can't even carry on a decent conversation without resorting to NY is great blah blah blah. Christ, look at Game 1...fans LEAVING after the 7th inning....that's some great support.

All teams have their **** fans but Philly has the most passionate fans in any major sport(well aside from basketball). Flyers fans/Wachovia Center have been voted the hardest place to play for the last few years. You ask any media outlet and they'll say the Phillies and Eagles have the most passionate fans in the league(s). Some fans DO take it to far but please don't say the fans are 2nd rate because of the team(s) failure. NY fans aren't smart, they're just arrogant because of SOME teams success...they'd rather just quote rings and championships rather than talking the actual sport.

BTW, I give the Yankees and Giants credit...but the Rangers and Knicks? REALLY? Laughing stock of their respective leagues for the last 5 or so years.

EDIT: As I've said in the past there are very intelligent NY fans that can look at a team/game/situation and speak without bias. They're TRUE fans of whatever sport...but for that city they're few and far between IMO. I figured I'd say that again in case I pissed in someone's cornflakes and they decide to get all whiny.
well done!!!!

car's i own
1987 Trans Am GTA,5-speed-sold
1988 Firebird Formula-Sold
1999 Dodge Durango SLT-sold
1997 GMC 1500 Sierra 4X4-sold
2001 Dodge Durango R/T
87GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #182
BigAls87Z28

No one gives a crap about hockey, so no one cares about the fans of said sport.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #183
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

I despise people who care to much about sports. There is more to life.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #184
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
No one gives a crap about hockey, so no one cares about the fans of said sport.
Don't hate on a sport you can't play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
I despise people who care to much about sports. There is more to life.
It's all harmless bantering back on forth on a certain topic. Sport isn't life like ruining threads is for you.

Last edited by Frosty; 11-04-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #185
LTb1ow

Some one has got to give the mods something to do all day.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 AM   #186
Frosty

I'm sure they appreciate the work......................lol

Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 AM   #187
LTb1ow

AND, can't be letting Bubba/Nasty have all the idiotic commenting to themselves!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #188
Frosty

Very true....very good point. Carry on.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #189
baddest434
8 Second Club

um the fat lady is loosening up her voice.
7-1 is going to be hard for you to come back from.
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #190
Mike
BadMod

wow, no in game bumps from the philly fans tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:14 PM   #191
LTb1ow

Come back time.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #192
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
wow, no in game bumps from the philly fans tonight?
No, I'd be tripping the word censor every other word.

Kudos to the Yankees, er I mean Matsui(sp). The Phillies let Petite off the hook way too many times.

Great series, good battle. Certainly wasn't a cake walk like a lot of Yankees fans said it would be.

I'm a bit confused though, aside from when the Yankees scored and a "few" 2 strike counts the crowd has been quiet. That's not a shot at the Yankees fans, the true fans can't afford the ridiculous ticket prices in that stadium.

Last edited by Frosty; 11-04-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #193
Mike
BadMod

its not over.....9 outs from the pen is a lot to ask, and howard is a streaky hitter, that homer might be what he needed if he comes up with runners on

its a quiet crowd because its probably nearly 50/50 with yankee and Philly fans, that's how it was during the inter-league series

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.

Last edited by Mike; 11-04-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #194
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Just got home but I'm stunned at how poorly managed this game has been by Charlie. How in the heck do you continue to pitch meatballs to Matsui? The Yanks paid the price by giving Utley good pitches twice in a game, but 3 times to Matsui with runners on? It doesn't make any sense. And why would you bring in Durbin instead of a lefty (Happ) when you take Pedro out? It's amazing the Phils made it this far being so mismanaged. Unless the Phils bats come alive quickly, they obviously don't deserve to win anything. But this pitching performance is brutal!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:25 PM   #195
Mike
BadMod

what is he gonna do, walk him and bring posada up with the bases loaded?

you are right though, the yankees arent winning anything, its charlie losing it...

Quote:

Last edited by Mike; 11-04-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #196
Frosty

The double he hit was all him, there's nothing you can do about that. The HR was all Pedro's fault...I was screaming at the TV NOT to pitch him inside.

Anyway, they need a huge inning, I have a feeling Rivera is coming in for 2.

They'll keep fighting until the 27th out but this game is over unless a miracle happens.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #197
baddest434
8 Second Club

pedro looked kinda weak tonight. do you think the phils should have started someone else?
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #198
Frosty

Nope, that's one move I don't question. He didn't pitch bad in Game 2, he handles pressure very well. The only other real option was Happ...rookie pitcher in a do or die situation? No way, Pedro was the man to turn to.

If it wasn't for that stupid DH rule(I hate it with a passion) Godzilla would have been riding the pine...reason number 395 to hate the DH lol

Old 11-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #199
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
If it wasn't for that stupid DH rule(I hate it with a passion) Godzilla would have been riding the pine...reason number 395 to hate the DH lol
Which goes back to the discussion about the AL having the advantage.

And yes, you have to pitch to Matsui, but when you start 0-2 on him and go to 3-2 and throw a meatball, that's not something you can do. Let alone going to 3 balls on him again and throwing another perfect pitch. It was obvious in the 2nd inning Pedro didn't have it tonight and we were saying he should have been taken out at the end of the 3rd. We were right. A good manager can tell that and Charlie is not a good manager. Look at how he stuck with Lidge all season after blowing a ton of saves. That was the key to the World Series, him blowing it.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #200
Mike
BadMod

wow... just, wow... you guys turn on people so fast. its a wonder anyone ever stays in philly after contracts are up...

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge