Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #176
BonzoHansen
Admin.

All the talk about the phils having the best staff ever so I reminded phil fans about how the braves had arguably the best staff ever in the 90s, with piles of cy youngs and they only won the series once. I then went on to find other great staffs across many decades that did not win the series. point was it takes more than pitching, history proved it. and again now. they got no farther than the yanks did and they had a rookie and freddie garcia start in the playoffs, and had bartolo colon eat lots of innings this year. And burnett.

if you don't learn from history you are doomed to repeat it. and don't make series plans in April. I'm looking at you Boston lol

I actually thought he pence deal would push them over the top, to be honest.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #177
Frosty

The offense has been inconsistent for years now...but they made it work. There's really no reason the Phillies should have lost. But AGAIN the $125 million dollar man(Howard) disappeared....he had one big hit...then nothing.

Ruiz-Terrible
Polanco-Terrible even though he's hurt
Ibanez even Pence played below their expectation.

This was a team effort for them to lose, that's the way the sport goes...the season wasn't suppose to end like this...oh well. Time for hockey now I suppose.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #178
BonzoHansen
Admin.

howards contract extension is going to haunt them just like a-rods will haunt the yanks.

just think, if they never signed that extension, they'd be in the pujols lottery this winter

hey, ruiz gives them good defense, i love that guy behind the plate. the play he made in the 9th was great. the one off the pitchers leg. if you need him to be a major offensive threat that isn't good.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #179
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Just got back from the game and it was no surprise the offense killed them in the end. I knew at the start of the season they had great pitching, but when you have no offense you will still lose those low scoring games. Can't blame Halladay for this loss but why the heck Charlie let Polanco actually bat and swing away in the 8th is stupid. Lots of stupid stuff going on and they deserve to end the season this way. I'm mad, but I'm not surprised. I guess I'll wait until the Giants fall apart again before I focus on hockey! So who wants to go for a boat ride!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #180
BigAls87Z28

I would have loved to see the Yankees advance, and see Lee grab some couch-time for the rest of the play offs. That whole situation still doesn't sit well with me, despite what Yankee fans said about his wife.
The two best teams in the MLB are out in the first round. This is baseball.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #181
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
howards contract extension is going to haunt them just like a-rods will haunt the yanks.

just think, if they never signed that extension, they'd be in the pujols lottery this winter

hey, ruiz gives them good defense, i love that guy behind the plate. the play he made in the 9th was great. the one off the pitchers leg. if you need him to be a major offensive threat that isn't good.
I meant Ruiz being terrible regarding this post season. Defensively he's top 3 in baseball.

Hindsight is 20/20. I mean I think they overpaid for Howard for his extension but at the time he was a big na,e(still is) and was producing in and out of the clutch.

Preliminary reports is that he has a torn Achilles....FML. As if it couldn't get worse...****....
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge