Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
irocz2173
12 Second Club

1994 Honda Del Sol Built Turbo- $6000

’94 Honda del Sol Si

147xxx miles on the chassis
<3k on newly built engine
<15k on South Bend clutch kit
<5k on rebuilt small 16g turbo

New Engine: D16Z6 block and crank, SCAT rods, 75mm YCP Vitara pistons, NPR rings, ACL bearings, copper sprayed OEM headgasket, new oil pump, water pump, timing belt

BASF Milano Red paint job (OEM color) is just over 2 years old (shaved emblems and side markers).
Homemade turbo kit: Stealthmode oil line kit, GReddy blow off valve, HF manifold and adapter plate, all mandrel bent charge piping (2” – 2.5”), 2.5” mandrel bend, stainless steel, turbo-back exhaust with EVO2 style muffler, running 9-10psi, etc.
Ractive coil-over sleeves (set about as low as they will go).
92-95 Civic EX/Si front lip.
Autometer z-series boost and oil pressure gauges.
GM 3bar map sensor.
Walbro 255lph fuel pump.
Lucas 750cc injectors.
Chipped p28 ecu with datalogging cable and Ostrich 2.0 running eCtune! (eCtune license possibly included).
Innovate LC-1 wideband and O-meter (controller may be fried).
Eclipse headunit.
6.5” Alpine type-S speakers all around.
Remote start (with turbo timer, could be set up for keyless entry, etc.).
TWM stage 1 short shifter.
CTR shift boot.
14” BMW “bottle cap” wheels with 195/65-14 Michelin all-season tires.
15” Integra ‘fat five’ wheels with 205/50-15 Dunlop direzza dz101 tires (~15k miles on them) also available.
Goodridge braided stainless steel brake lines.
Hawk HP+ pads all around.
Stock seats are in really good condition; no rips/tears!
35% tint on side windows, 15% on rear

RECENTLY REPLACED:
Axles
All four calipers
OEM plug wires and NGK plugs
Fuel filter
Lots of other stuff I can’t think of…

UNINSTALLED PARTS
Koni yellow (adjustable) struts with <9k miles
Rear LCAs with Energy Suspension Bushings
Spare d16z6 head with 3 angle valve job, full valvetrain except for cam
MINT z6 oil pan

This is my baby; I’ve had it for about 3 years and was COMPLETELY stock when I bought it. I have done ALL the work on it and basically know the car inside and out (ask any/all questions you may have and I’m sure I can answer them for you). The body is very clean and straight for a 15 year old car; the only body filler on the car is on the passenger side quarter panel (fixed a dent from a minor accident). I never wet-sanded the car after paint; so there are a few runs and a bit or orange peel, but these could easily be removed. The car has only been through 3 winters (Arizona car), but there is some rust showing at the edge of the trunk lid (common on del Sols) and in the drivers door jamb NO HONDA QUARTER PANEL ROT! Someone resently dented and scratched the roof, but the dent could be popped out and rubbing compound should take the scratches out…

I built/installed the homemade turbo kit about 2 years ago and have put ~20k miles on the car since then (the seals in my original 14b turbo blew out; so I built a small 16g turbo with new bearings/seals and had it balanced at Michigan Turbo).
The car rides pretty rough on the cheap ractive coil-over sleeves and stock shocks. I bought Koni yellows, but haven’t gotten around to installing them. I was waiting to buy the Koni specific Ground Control coil-overs (come with Eibach springs for ~$350 brand new).

The good:
Runs great
Pretty quick (ran 14.9 @ 97mph, coming off the line slow on the old engine running 9psi)
Gets 28mpgs with some spirited driving, easily 30+ on the highway
Car is a blast to drive
All it needs is a tune to be a 300whp car! I wanted to put the 3 angle head on before i turned up the boost. I was waiting for the engine to be broken in. It has already made a full trip from MI to NJ and back without any problems. I have the boost controller for it so the next step would just be to swap on the head and tune to 20 psi. The LC1 would obviously need to be changed to do this properly, though the tune right now was done before the LC1 went bad.

The bad:
A few little spots of rust (barely noticeable, no quarterpanel rot!)
It has standard hose clamps that will need to be changed to T-bolts when the boost is turned up
LC-1 doesn’t work accurately.

Here is a link to a few pictures. Disregard the location of the ad. I will be in Morris county,NJ on April 9th if anyone wants to come and see it.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/1089001474.html

Contact me at 201-312-5446 or Irocz2173@verizon.net with any questions.
Thanks
Matt

Last edited by irocz2173; 03-23-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
irocz2173
12 Second Club

bump
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Vehicles