Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 08-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

This whole tuning thing is fun

after tuning via injector flow rate i was looking over on ls1tech and somebody is doing tuning a completely different way...im sure its been done but he actually used lamens terms so i was able to understand it...this way seems much more accurate then tuning the ifr so im gonna give it a shot...should be fun 30 second flashes make it easy to play with crap like this
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
Fastbird

Real cars have to remove the chips and reflash them, not just plug into the ALDL!!!!!

Seriously, that's cool that you're learning to tune yourself. Just be careful!

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird
Real cars have to remove the chips and reflash them, not just plug into the ALDL!!!!!

Seriously, that's cool that you're learning to tune yourself. Just be careful!
the ****s really easy to do to be honest and theres only certain things you really have to change to tune so unless your a complete tool you shouldnt **** any thing up too bad.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:22 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

when you get a chance i wana sit down adn have you explain how it all works. you have shown me a lot of the basics, but i woudl like to get teh info you have learned about taking the log and applying it to a new tune.
looks liek we are gonna get to work on craigs car soon too. first things to go are the speed limiter, the after cat o2 sensor, adjust the fan on/off temps, and compensate for the gears as soon as they are in
then we have to get the manifold back exhaust done, or at least get his melted cat punched and get to work on some data logging. that is when the real fun begins. hehe

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:53 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
when you get a chance i wana sit down adn have you explain how it all works. you have shown me a lot of the basics, but i woudl like to get teh info you have learned about taking the log and applying it to a new tune.
looks liek we are gonna get to work on craigs car soon too. first things to go are the speed limiter, the after cat o2 sensor, adjust the fan on/off temps, and compensate for the gears as soon as they are in
then we have to get the manifold back exhaust done, or at least get his melted cat punched and get to work on some data logging. that is when the real fun begins. hehe

later
tim
its real easy tim...maybe on thursday i can go over some of the **** with you...I too am just learning as I go at this point...and reading as much as I can about tuning and the many ways to go about it.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning