Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #126
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
$800-1000 a month in NJ? Is it a shack?

A single example of moving to middle of nowhere land with a shack on it for $40k is hardly cause to demean a car for 40k.

Hell, using this thread's logic, a kia should be sold for two tacos and a corona. Here I was looking at 65k trucks and thinking that was absurd.
Technically, my mortgage payment (just P&I) is around $900. For another 20 years lol. But then you add Tax & Ins and that pmt nearly doubles.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #127
The_Bishop
Power Member

I dug up your past posts to highlight the fact that you're probably not the brightest bulb in the fixture when it comes to credit/cash decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
Obviously going from a $55k Base Corvette to a possibly $100k z06 is ridiculous & you know it.
I find it really hysterical that you are saying that it's crazy to jump up 50% in price on a vehicle, when you also said:

Quote:
If you can afford $600 a month you can afford $900 a month.
If you need a calculator, that's also a 50% increase.

Jumping from a $37k Camaro (It's $37k not $40k, for a 1SS, GO ****ING LOOK IT UP) to a $56k Corvette is a HUGE difference. Like, 51% more money difference.

Math is absolute. It doesn't care what your opinion is.

You haven't been civil. You've been acting like a troll, ignoring every fact presented to you that conflicts with your opinion for the sake of arguing. You don't like the Camaro? Hey, whatever floats your boat... Don't buy one. But also don't bag on anyone who happens to like them and thinks they're a great deal for what you get. Their opinion is worth as much to them as yours is to you.

On to your 'look how gangsta I am' post:

If you need to finance through a dealer, your credit is generally worthless.

Paying off an installment loan early doesn't help your credit, it can actually harm it unless you're overextended to begin with, which shows a lack of good judgement in regards to money and credit decisions. Also, the banks don't give a flying crap if you pay with cash or a check; payment is payment.

Posting pictures of stacks of $20 bills that may or may not be yours makes you look like this guy:

Also, you're not impressing anyone here.

Buying a house (and taking on a 30 year payment commitment) with your 'girlfriend' is a monumentally terrible decision. This will bite you in the ass, mark my words. If you don't feel committed to her enough to get married to her, engaging in a financial 30 year commitment with her is stupid.

Also, once you buy that house, you're not buying anything for a good long while that isn't house related. Prepare to have your finances vacuumed away, as you will need more money than you think you do. Voice of experience, here as I have been there and done that, as have many others in this club.

And, because I'm a sarcastic ball breaker:

If you can afford a new car and a house, how come you're not in a Z06 convertible? Obviously, you can afford it!
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #128
NastyEllEssWon

Im not trying to impress no one here. You went all internet sleuth and looked in my back posts in an attempt to show Im bull****ting about what I'm saying. As for the credit if you look back at my post like I said, it wasnt in shambles, just needed a boost. Doing what I did was the best option after speaking with the dealership to give me that boost without much of a hassle. My credit is where it needs to be & dont question why me and my girlfriend arent married. We've been together for 9 years, theres a fantastic reason for it & I dont feel like sharing it with an a sshole like yourself. GFY.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #129
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
My whole point is the Camaro used to be the poor mans Corvette but somewhere along the line became the rich mans Mustang. The Corvette is a better bang for your buck considering the package you get for the price compared to the Camaro. I still hold firm on those regards Matt. I just wish there was a cheaper price point from GM to get the new v8 motor, then it'd be easier to compromise platform > bodystyle.
If we are calling the Camaro a poor mans Corvette, perhaps that's correct but the Camaro is not a poor mans car. You sound like you want a V8 just because its 8 cylinders while a "lesser" model would offer better performance than prior year offerings. Current day V6 and 4cylinder turbo cars are offering better or close to equivalent power/performance over their older V8 counterparts.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 01-13-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #130
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
You can sit here an patronize me for my opinions all you want and constantly sit here try to make me look like an ******* for having my own opinion on something. The fact is I shared my opinion and even had my own decision questioned based off my own opinion...I've been civil this entire time and you continue to personally be an ******* for my opinion. **** you dude.

edit: my point is that if gm doesnt think its that big a jump to go from a $32k challenger/mustangs price point to get into a 40k camaro then why do you have such a hard time believing going from a Camaro
to a Corvette is anything out of this world extraordinarily insane. Obviously going from a $55k Base Corvette to a possibly $100k z06 is ridiculous & you know it. Not once have I ever seen anyone ever come
at another member around here questioning their financial status when talking about a $30k - $50k car but you have to be an a hole and not even question it but go as far as to dig up quotes from the past to
check to see if I actually bought a car...and then questioning the car I buy. Over an opinion. So **** both of you...you Adam and Bishop.
No, Jay, **** you. You were an ******* the entire course of the thread and you continue to be. I could give a **** if you have a dollar to your name or a million. You overgeneralized financial positions and monthly expenses then claiming some ******** leaving someone in a paycheck to paycheck situation makes you look like a complete douche and everyone here has been laying into you for it. You can continue to be an ******* about it or you can suck it the **** up and admit your opinions were poorly thought out and only intended to fuel some fire. Your thoughts and reasoning to affordability are hilarious and immature. The pitiful argument to the lineage of the camaro's affordability is some desperate attempt to save face I guess? Other then that, you continued to argue opinions of style and looks which is your own opinion and has no scale for comparison. **** you dude.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #131
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
If we are calling the Camaro a poor mans Corvette, perhaps that's correct but the Camaro is not a poor mans car. You sound like you want a V8 just because its 8 cylinders while a "lesser" model would offer better performance than prior year offerings. Current day V6 and 4cylinder turbo cars are offering better or close to equivalent power/performance over their older V8 counterparts.

If they had a detuned v8 that still made the same horsepower as the v6 Id be more interested in the v8 just because overall I enjoy the sound of a v8 over a v6 any day. If the v6 came supercharged Id be alright with that because it would still be fairly torquey and still save the gas mileage....turbo cars just never fit my fancy.

It all comes down to the jump from 335hp to 440(ish?) in the new ss seemed like there was room in between for what im talking bout.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #132
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
No, Jay, **** you. You were an ******* the entire course of the thread and you continue to be. I could give a **** if you have a dollar to your name or a million. You overgeneralized financial positions and monthly expenses then claiming some ******** leaving someone in a paycheck to paycheck situation makes you look like a complete douche and everyone here has been laying into you for it. You can continue to be an ******* about it or you can suck it the **** up and admit your opinions were poorly thought out and only intended to fuel some fire. Your thoughts and reasoning to affordability are hilarious and immature. The pitiful argument to the lineage of the camaro's affordability is some desperate attempt to save face I guess? Other then that, you continued to argue opinions of style and looks which is your own opinion and has no scale for comparison. **** you dude.

well said but not once have I ever made my position from someone who was better than anyone else or intended to fuel fire towards someones financial position or affordability. My opinions on taking on a payment remains the same, if you're buying a car and you have absolutely no wiggle room, to where $300 will make or break your entire budget, then you probably shouldn't be purchasing a $40,000 car. That is speaking from experience, as someone who has lived paycheck to paycheck their entire life, not from someone looking down on someone, just like me posting those pictures isnt me trying to impress, it was in defense of bishop.

Agree to disagree but **** you again
Old 01-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #133
BonzoHansen
Admin.

enough....

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge