Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2004, 10:39 AM   #1
twiztidz28

Changed wiper Motor.

well lastnight i met up with Pual (smokingss) and got a wiper motor for my car. as soon as I got back to the house i put it in and still no f'n wipers. Im thinking its the switch on the stearing colum. How do I take that apart to check it out? also is there any other place that could cause wiper failure?

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

sux dude, sorry but i cant help ya
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
V
Stalker

must be the switch then, i have that 86 iroc steering column as well, that has the switch on it, you can have that too for free, plus it also has the horn peice in it. It just has a firebird wheel on it now, but it did come out of an 86 iroc.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #4
The Fixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
must be the switch then, i have that 86 iroc steering column as well, that has the switch on it, you can have that too for free, plus it also has the horn peice in it. It just has a firebird wheel on it now, but it did come out of an 86 iroc.
Take the freebie column. I think it's quicker to swap the entire column than change the switch inside. What a PITA job that is.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #5
89 Trans Am WS6

Or a relay. If its a elec motor, which it is, i doubt its wired directly to a switch..it would melt. ;x

could be a bad relay
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
89 Trans Am WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
twiztidz28

paul when is a good time to meet up for the colum? let me know. Also who wants to help put it is since i have no clue how to remove a stearing colum.

Chuck

Old 10-11-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
V
Stalker

i'll be home almost all day today, monday the 11th, since i have to wait for a carpenter to come, if you want you can come by and pick it up if you have time, some people are off work today due to the holiday. i'll pm you my address and cell number and u can use yahoo maps to get directions, i'll even be home this evening. If nto today, soemtime this week we'll set soemthign up. When you pick up the colum or whatever, ill explain how to swap it, its not hard at all. all you have to do it remove the underdash cover, two 13mm bolts up under the dash, 3 10mm bolts agaist the firewall holding the boot on and one 13mm bolt under the hood attaching the colum to the steering shaft, then its just unplugging a few connectors. to install you just do the opposite. The colum i have is also for a manual car even, i just have to find the keys for it, lol.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 03:35 PM   #8
twiztidz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
i'll be home almost all day today, monday the 11th, since i have to wait for a carpenter to come, if you want you can come by and pick it up if you have time, some people are off work today due to the holiday. i'll pm you my address and cell number and u can use yahoo maps to get directions, i'll even be home this evening. If nto today, soemtime this week we'll set soemthign up. When you pick up the colum or whatever, ill explain how to swap it, its not hard at all. all you have to do it remove the underdash cover, two 13mm bolts up under the dash, 3 10mm bolts agaist the firewall holding the boot on and one 13mm bolt under the hood attaching the colum to the steering shaft, then its just unplugging a few connectors. to install you just do the opposite. The colum i have is also for a manual car even, i just have to find the keys for it, lol.
Worse comes to worse i could jsut always take the cylinder out of the old colum and use that.

Chuck

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge