Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
RiggsLW81

Ozzy & Halford

tonite at Izod...cant wait for some old school metal !!! start it off right with some boozing and tailgating in the lot and head on in..an excellent way to start off the weekend!

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
1972LT1
The Plague

How was it? I saw ozzy this summer at ozzfest and he sounded much better than the last 2 times I've seen him. I'll be going to see Soulfly and Straight Line Stitch on Thursday December 9 at the TLA in Philly and Dimmu Borgir and Enslaved at the Electric Factory on Friday. Anyone else going?
1972LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #3
RiggsLW81

the show was awesome...ozzy sounded great! i agree w/ u, i saw him at ozzfest 2010 in camden a few months back, and he is sounding good, and in much better shape. high energy, and seems to be feeding off the crowd.

the show on friday was alot of fun. it was ozzy's bday, and his band brought him out a cake on stage and messed w/him a bit, sharon came out and gave him a kiss too..a few happy bday ozzy signs in the crowd. the guys still got it!
the set was long (in a good way)...he played about 2 hrs 15min! he is really giving the crowd their moneys worth on this tour...excellent diverse set list comprised of hits, old school sabbath, and non hits (which were some of my favs...esp. 'fire in the sky'). the set list was as follows:

Bark at the Moon
Let Me Hear You Scream
Mr. Crowley
I Don't Know
N.I.B. (Black Sabbath cover)
Suicide Solution
Road to Nowhere
Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover)
Fire in the Sky
War Pigs (Black Sabbath cover) (Happy Birthday Ozzy!)
Rat Salad (Black Sabbath cover) (with Guitar and Drum Solos)
Shot in the Dark
Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover)
Killer of Giants
No More Tears
I Don't Want to Change the World
Crazy Train

Encore:
Into the Void (Black Sabbath cover)
Mama, I'm Coming Home
Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover)

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
r0nin89

I saw him back in 07 or 08 dont remember and it was terrible... If hes really gotten that much better I may consider seeing him again.

Hopefully Ozzfest this summer will be the return of SOAD and I'll have a reason to go anyway.

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nin89 View Post
I saw him back in 07 or 08 dont remember and it was terrible... If hes really gotten that much better I may consider seeing him again.

Hopefully Ozzfest this summer will be the return of SOAD and I'll have a reason to go anyway.
I did too, the year Iron Maiden was on the fest. Ozzy was awful. Plus I hate Sharon Oz so much I'll never give them $0.01 again.

I saw System a few years ago; Mars Volta opened. I was let down by soad at that show, very low energy.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
Untamed

Ozzfest in 2006 had SOAD and Disturbed, both of whom were awesome. Ozzy was pathetic, with Zakk playing long solos to fill the void when Ozzy couldn / wouldn't sing. That was a special one because Zakk's father got on stage (his family lives in Jersey). Last year his father passed away.

I've been to the 2003 and 2006 shows. Both were great, but not because of Ozzy.

Maybe he's getting cortizone shots now and can actually do more than bob his head and lift his arms like some old bat.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #7
r0nin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I did too, the year Iron Maiden was on the fest. Ozzy was awful. Plus I hate Sharon Oz so much I'll never give them $0.01 again.

I saw System a few years ago; Mars Volta opened. I was let down by soad at that show, very low energy.
I went the year after the Maiden fiasco.

I'm awaiting the return of SOAD. Theyre way up there on my list of bands left to see. Infact theres not many left I havent seen.

Left to see:
Pantera - Obviously never gonna happen...
SOAD
Anthrax w/ Belladonna
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Anthrax is great live. I've seen them a few times. We were at the dvd shoot at starland a few years ago, great show.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge