Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
saucy beast

got another ticket today

i was on 46 today just heading back to my friends house when i pulled over by a state trooper saying that i had improperly merged, he was nice3 about it all, and just wrote me a ticket for "creating risk of an accident"(39:4-56), but he said the computers are down so he wrote me a post-it note with my ticket number, he said its no points but is the ticket a moving violation will my insurance increase? any help would be appreciated i cant call the court house till monday and i just want some info thanks

Last edited by saucy beast; 11-27-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

according to the charts I could find on the state's website, 39:4-56 is "Delaying Traffic", and is a typical ~$50 no point ticket.

- Justin

Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Firebird92

"improperly merged" is just a other way to reach that ticket quota, but being that you are 46 and seen as a senior driver that ticket shouldn't rise anything
Old 11-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird92 View Post
"improperly merged" is just a other way to reach that ticket quota, but being that you are 46 and seen as a senior driver that ticket shouldn't rise anything
LOL. He was on Rt 46. He's not 46 years old. 46 is a senior?

Ticket quota? Really?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
thor117

there are no official ticket quota's.
you can guess and assume there are informal and unofficial quotas.
I just view people who say that as giving an excuse or scapegoat. perhaps the ticket was written because an illegal action was performed and warranted a ticket in the officers opinion. you may not like it but thats how it is.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #6
saucy beast

i decided not to argue with the police officer about the ticket cause he said i should have yielded to the merging car instead of speeding up so the other car would merge behind me, but he best part is he didn't mind my muffler sitting in my back seat even when i started it up
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #7
Frosty

So he could have nailed you for having a hacked up car.....hmmmm....count your blessings.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 11-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
saucy beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
So he could have nailed you for having a hacked up car.....hmmmm....count your blessings.
yea, i did headers and 3 inch exhaust and it sounds so much better without the cheap muffler i got for it, so for now no muffler
Old 11-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Frosty

Yup, cheap mufflers suck. He could have nailed you with that ticket too.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 11-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #10
Firebird92

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
LOL. He was on Rt 46. He's not 46 years old. 46 is a senior?

Ticket quota? Really?
to my insurance once your 40 your senior i have USSA
and yes really a ticket quota with it being the end of the month

I'm sorry but being a young black male 21 now with a 3rd gen firebird red no less , i never could jump for joy when the police came around lol owning a firebird is legally expensive for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor117 View Post
there are no official ticket quota's.
you can guess and assume there are informal and unofficial quotas.
I just view people who say that as giving an excuse or scapegoat. perhaps the ticket was written because an illegal action was performed and warranted a ticket in the officers opinion. you may not like it but thats how it is.
REALLY!! an excuse so when you done nothing wrong and get 7 tickets for something you didn't do just in the wrong place and got that wrong cop on a bad day is an excuse. The fact of the matter is there is a "quota" but to avoid turning it into a legal matter they call it a performance rating where if you don't meet this rating for
example: 15 tickets a day or 30 a week or 200 a month. They are given an warning but after that Punishment for individuals often takes the form of a formal, written reprimand known as a "Supervisor's Notation" which commanders use to enforce discipline.

I have family in law enforcement, county, state and military so i know first hand how the "protect and serve" thing works
Old 11-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

There is no quota, or number of tickets to be written... Plain and simple.

How is a Officer of the law going to write a ticket, say if his/her job depended on it and be fairly about it?

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
Old 11-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #12
S.J.SLEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Torque View Post

How is a Officer of the law going to write a ticket, say if his/her job depended on it and be fairly about it?
come on..... you gotta be smarter than that Chris!!!
Yes, there is no official "ticket quota", but I have many friends in the "serve & protect" world,....these guys have a pool, where they bet who will write the most duis,speeding,parking,improper passing,etc. etc. etc.... they write each others names on a board and at the end of the month, they tally it up and wind up forking money over to each other.

And there is also times when the cheif or sargent will come in to a meeting and say that he wants to crack down on lets say seatbelts, he will than follow it up with "I want to see 500 tickets written this month". well to me thats a quota!!!
They do it, trust me, just not officially & publicly announced !!!
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 11-28-2010, 02:48 AM   #13
thunder
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor117 View Post
easy to say that when u drive a versa. You could do 95mph backwards on fire and a state trooper wouldnt notice you
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #14
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.J.SLEEPER View Post
come on..... you gotta be smarter than that Chris!!!
Yes, there is no official "ticket quota", but I have many friends in the "serve & protect" world,....these guys have a pool, where they bet who will write the most duis,speeding,parking,improper passing,etc. etc. etc.... they write each others names on a board and at the end of the month, they tally it up and wind up forking money over to each other.

And there is also times when the cheif or sargent will come in to a meeting and say that he wants to crack down on lets say seatbelts, he will than follow it up with "I want to see 500 tickets written this month". well to me thats a quota!!!
They do it, trust me, just not officially & publicly announced !!!

I know one town who wrote about 80 tickets...FOR THE WHOLE TOWN all off October... One officer themselves who wrote 3 tickets since June...

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
Old 11-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #15
S.J.SLEEPER

I didn't say they all do it, just saying that it is done and everyone not to be blind to this fact.
South Jersey Racecraft
Old 11-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #16
Firebird92

Quote:

In Georgia it's legal to have a quota you must give 150 out of state tickets 100 in-state 30+ arrest and there's more need to call my grandfather and ask what it is this year.

easy be fair because i got that kind of cop having a bad day and the chief on his A$$ he gave me 10 tickets there's a thread about it here http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49414
i never see that cop driving anymore lol
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #17
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

There is no quota, and traffic stops are only part of their jobs up there. I may even know the trooper that nailed him. If it was a cash grab I think the guy would have went for one of the more expensive "doing you a favor" tickets. Just IMO though. $50 is not exactly hitting it hard for revenue.

Next I'm going to see a post about a "Ticket blitz on all major highways".
Old 11-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
Frosty

Quote:
You mean those emails are fake? Son of a.....

Old 11-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #19
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
You mean those emails are fake? Son of a.....
that made me laugh out loud!
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
Old 11-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
You mean those emails are fake?
I bet Bill doesn't think they're making a new Trans Am either!
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 11-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #21
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Oh snap, I just got this email!!! Oh noooooz

Quote:
New Jersey will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy. The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers overtime. There will be 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways.

They are the following:

I-295 north and south
1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south
1-80 east and west
I-287 north and south
I-78 east and west
I-195 east and west
1-280 east and west
Rt. 130 north and south
Garden State Parkway north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you work in New Jersey, New York, or CT, you must take one of there interstates, routes, or parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. I was told 101.5 FM confirmed all of this.

So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

You've been warned.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 11-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
I'm sorry but being a young black male 21 now with a 3rd gen firebird red no less

thats a cop out. no pun intended. you admitted you drove in a car thats loud and gains attention...albeit in color or sound. you take your ticket and pay it. you can pull the race card all you want but the fact of the matter is....all young people in a sports car are a magnet for tickets.

oh a fun fact....did you know a cops best weapon for adverting crime is random traffic stops. they have led to more arrests of major crimes than anything else a cop has at his disposal.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 11-28-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 AM   #23
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
thats a cop out. no pun intended. you admitted you drove in a car thats loud and gains attention...albeit in color or sound. you take your ticket and pay it. you can pull the race card all you want but the fact of the matter is....all young people in a sports car are a magnet for tickets.
Reading is fundamental... Firebird92 is not the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucy beast
i decided not to argue with the police officer about the ticket cause ... best part is he didn't mind my muffler sitting in my back seat even when i started it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird92
I'm sorry but being a young black male 21 now with a 3rd gen firebird red no less
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #24
r0nin89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Oh snap, I just got this email!!! Oh noooooz

I almost buy into that with the amount of people pulled over I saw last night. Probably 5 within 2 miles on parkways south.

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
Blacdout96

Quote:

First off I guess I have to post a disclaimer so Bonzo "The Locksmith" Hansen doesn't issue me another infraction. This is not directed at you Torque, just generalizing my opinion.

There isn't a quota so to speak, but a percentage of revenue for the township/county/state are made off of tickets. When you think it's not just tickets, but court costs, and when trying to knock a few points off, more money is made. If they were really stickler for the law, you think they really let people walk away with a few less points then what was issued? I understand that they are doing their job, that I can't argue with, and I respect them, but you do have to open your eye's and realize that if you truely think they don't give out tickets for revenue, and that not that there is a quota, but if they have a budget, and may need to meet it with cheesy tickets, then you may need to speak with an officer that will tell you the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
easy to say that when u drive a versa. You could do 95mph backwards on fire and a state trooper wouldnt notice you
That is so quote worthy, and full fo win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 11-29-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge