Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Slow-V6

GT5 thoughts

I just noticed that GT5 was released last week. Does anyone have it? Just wonderring how it is? Just been reading some reviews on it and alot of gamer mags have given it 7 out of 10 ratings. Seems a little low for a game that has been in development for 6 years or so. Just want to get peoples impressions on it.

Kind of surprised there hasnt been a thread about it already like there was when Forza 3 came out..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
NastyEllEssWon

i played it at a friends house and wasnt impressed like i was with forza. it has 1000 cars but only 200 of them are premium...which means those that arent premium dont have in dash views, dont have custom wheels and those that are premium have their own distinct sound to the cars. its a standard gran turismo title....crappy music...slow loading times...slow menus...all cars sound like a 4 cylinder if theyre not premium...you cant do custom paint jobs like you can in forza...you can only change the color....and for all things considered you cant even upgrade the brakes over stock. for a game thats been in devlopment for a long time its def a disappointment.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Frosty

I have it, just got a PS3 last night. I like it but it's a little too deep for me. I'm not huge into racing so going through all of the license BS, changing this and changing that...eh...it's a little too involved. I just want to pick up the controller and start racing.

So I'll be picking up Madden or NHL '11 tonight.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I have it, just got a PS3 last night. I like it but it's a little too deep for me. I'm not huge into racing so going through all of the license BS, changing this and changing that...eh...it's a little too involved. I just want to pick up the controller and start racing.

So I'll be picking up Madden or NHL '11 tonight.
Same here, it's why I tend to stick to NFS or the Burnout series

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

i have it and always have been a huge fan of the gt series. but after almost completed gt4 (96%) gt5 seems alittle rushed? if that is even possible. its still a good game and worth playing but its a bit rough around the edges. the shadows are rough and dodgey in replays. and the used car lot is stupid and pointless. standard and premium cars are a joke. the are just the same cars from gt4 copied and pasted into gt5.... you mean to tell me it took 6 years to created 200cars and 15more tracks? some of the cas they added cost upwards of 10 million credits 20 mill at the most, that will literally equate to days and days of playing time racing the same race over and over, to accumulate those credits. idk i enjoy playing it and will probably play it for many more hours but i agree some features are left out and some that are there are a bit rough. but it was kinda neat that i recreated my car in it though. ill try and upload some screen shots for everyone to see
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge

Last edited by redsoxsstink; 12-01-2010 at 02:30 PM.
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
BigAls87Z28

I havent played it, but I have seen a lot of my friends rave about the game.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Frosty

You don't have friends do you Al?
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Slow-V6

Damn. Well I guess I am going to sell my PS3 after all. Cant believe it took 5 yrs to come out and from the sound of you all and pretty much every review I have read that it seems incomplete.. Oh well.. Forza 4 will be out next year..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #9
BigRocsFirebird

i used to like GT till forza came out

1988 Mustang - supercharged, heads/cam etc...

2012 Mustang - 5.0 6spd / 437rwhp 420trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Verts are gay and stalkers ride in them.

Last edited by BigRocsFirebird; 12-01-2010 at 05:07 PM.
BigRocsFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
greenformula92

after having to wait for GT this long....i am very disappointed. it's not as good or as sharp as it should be

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
Blacdout96

I was a diehard GT fan. I used to ask for the banners and merchanise from the game stores when they were done with them. I don't have to play it, I already understand it is a great dissapointment, and I will be first in line to say that their success was of their own demise. This will really scar the franchise for series to come.

They tried to make it the ultimate driving simulator by bringing in go karts and what not, they stepped away from their roots, trying to expand its racing coverage. They were smart to bring tourist trophy on a seperate game, why? because it allowed polyphony to focus on Gran Turismo, instead of trying to intergrate the two together. And there is no excuses for this having 6 years in the making, this is the mother of all ball droppers, and to me, is the last straw in my patience with them. Forza is great in the fact that they made 3 games in the time it took GT to make 1. they listened to the fans, and they have so far delivered quite well ( albeit the online play of Forza 3 does suck compared the Forza 2, like no public racing rooms, and no online tuning.) GT was top dog as far back as 99 when there was nothing that could compete. There was NFS, but that was more arcade-ish. They never really anticipated a challanger that could go toe to toe so rapidly, and I feel that Polyphony scrambled realizing how fast Forza was advancing and how they were taking away GT fans, and that is where they toppled.

In short, GT has failed, it will hurt them in the long run. They are known for their tardiness in releasing it, and they always delivered, this time, that is not the case, and this is where Forza will pick up the ball and run with it. GT now has an 2 options

1. They apologize to their fans, they correctly update and upgrade all the cars adn sounds, they learn from their mistakes, and try to keep game development under 3 years.

2. Swallow this without a wink, hope sales are good enough to leave this behind them, and that their fanbase will stick around to the next edition, learn from their mistakes, and realize in 13+ years around, gaming has changed, that there is more then one contender in the ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
xrelapse13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
I was a diehard GT fan. I used to ask for the banners and merchanise from the game stores when they were done with them. I don't have to play it, I already understand it is a great dissapointment, and I will be first in line to say that their success was of their own demise. This will really scar the franchise for series to come.

They tried to make it the ultimate driving simulator by bringing in go karts and what not, they stepped away from their roots, trying to expand its racing coverage. They were smart to bring tourist trophy on a seperate game, why? because it allowed polyphony to focus on Gran Turismo, instead of trying to intergrate the two together. And there is no excuses for this having 6 years in the making, this is the mother of all ball droppers, and to me, is the last straw in my patience with them. Forza is great in the fact that they made 3 games in the time it took GT to make 1. they listened to the fans, and they have so far delivered quite well ( albeit the online play of Forza 3 does suck compared the Forza 2, like no public racing rooms, and no online tuning.) GT was top dog as far back as 99 when there was nothing that could compete. There was NFS, but that was more arcade-ish. They never really anticipated a challanger that could go toe to toe so rapidly, and I feel that Polyphony scrambled realizing how fast Forza was advancing and how they were taking away GT fans, and that is where they toppled.

In short, GT has failed, it will hurt them in the long run. They are known for their tardiness in releasing it, and they always delivered, this time, that is not the case, and this is where Forza will pick up the ball and run with it. GT now has an 2 options

1. They apologize to their fans, they correctly update and upgrade all the cars adn sounds, they learn from their mistakes, and try to keep game development under 3 years.

2. Swallow this without a wink, hope sales are good enough to leave this behind them, and that their fanbase will stick around to the next edition, learn from their mistakes, and realize in 13+ years around, gaming has changed, that there is more then one contender in the ring.

I agree with the above. For so long in the making there is way to much roughness around the edges. The game has little to no polish unless you're using the premium cars. Otherwise you may as well pop in GT4.

2000 ws6
xrelapse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 AM   #13
Demonicbird00
10 Second Club

how are the karts? though im not gonna go out and buy a ps3 for a game. if any of my friends do have it ill try it
99 M3- NASA #181
00TA- H/C/I= 10.83 @ 130 1.58 493hp/424tq SOLD
www.fquick.com/Demonicbird00
Demonicbird00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

some screen shots....

the yellow bird ruf, and the orange 4th gen are standard cars the rest are premium. honestly i dont think they look that bad in game. yes if you go into replay mode and zoom in and stuff yea they dont look as great but when you are racing you would never see the difference
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
Slow-V6

So since they are not Premium cars they sound the same as all other standard cars?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #16
ws6 jim

I played the first four Gran Turismos for many many hours. But with each sequel it got more redundant to me that I've moved on and feel no need to pay $60 for this disc.

I thoroughly enjoyed the last few Burnout games and I know they are different racer, but after going back to GT it just seems dull.

Right now I'm playing the new NFS Hot Pursuit and its done by the same people who did Burnout. And without playing GT5 I've assured myself how much more enjoyment I would get out of playing this game instead.
2001 XJ SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!
ws6 jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
CJDZ24_Z28

Forza Motorsports is the new GT. I too have been a fan of GT since GT 1 and after all the delays I wasn't even excited about this. Forza 3 is only $20-$30 now. I have a PS3 and a Xbox 360 and very rarely play racing games but Forza def got my attention
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge