Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
chevyt454

taliban behind the mask

Did anybody see this on CNN? I know there are soldiers on this board. What are thoughts on reporter Paul Refsdal living with the taliban and shooting footage of taliban firing on American Soldiers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKcuBkgUYpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ON_LG5EGY
chevyt454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Slow-V6

It makes me mad seeing them shoot at the US but it is also strange to see them joking and acting like people too. They joke around and what not like we use to do on the ship. Wasnt expecting that.. And it is also CNN so I really dont take what they put out as news as always credible.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-13-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Frosty

I forgot to DVR it last night
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I forgot to DVR it last night
Just because of this there never will be a re-run EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
Frosty

Oh wow, I didn't think of that...thank you for the emotional rescue Captain Obvious.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 12-13-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Frosty

Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
It makes me mad seeing them shoot at the US but it is also strange to see them joking and acting like people too. They joke around and what not like we use to do on the ship. Wasnt expecting that.. And it is also CNN so I really dont take what they put out as news as always credible.
Out of the "Big 3", CNN is the most credible by a long shot.

I also missed it.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Out of the "Big 3", CNN is the most credible by a long shot.

I also missed it.

Being in the military you learn not to listen to CNN for news about the Wars.. What I remember is us fighting in Iraq and CNN posting videos of people protesting about the war back home. I remember when we started bombing in Afganastan back in 2001 and the next day turning on CNN and them saying that there is still diplomatic discussions going on and we wont start bombing for another week or so. You turn on the AFN news and they are already reporting that we are bombing and they never show anti war videos because they know that it effects us who are over seas fighting this war. Anti war demonstrations is the last thing I want to see on the news. Makes us feel that our nation does not have our back. So yeah CNN is not my choice when it comes to news.. The only 2 news stations we got overseas were CNN and AFN.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #10
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Makes us feel that our nation does not have our back.

i'd hate to take it there but pretty much...its the politics that sends you guys to war...not us. most of those anti war demonstrations are people that want their family back home and not dying for oil.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 12-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Blacdout96

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
i'd hate to take it there but pretty much...its the politics that sends you guys to war...not us. most of those anti war demonstrations are people that want their family back home and not dying for oil.
This

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #12
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Thirded.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
Mark B

Quote:
I believe you are wrong. Nobody likes war... But I think most people understand why it is necessary. And the fact that you would say something like that to somebody who is in the military and is fighting for our freedom (Not oil) disgusts me.

I dont understand how you guys can feel that way. How do you say war is politics? Tell me exactly who did Bush & Obama make happy by going to war? They didnt do it for votes, they did it because they knew it was necessary.

01 GMC Sierra C3 6.0L, AWD, Westers Tune, K&N, Hella LED Tails
03 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, GMPP Handling Kit, LS1 F-Body Brakes
Mark B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:48 PM   #14
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
I dont understand how you guys can feel that way. How do you say war is politics? Tell me exactly who did Bush & Obama make happy by going to war?
Haliburton and oil companies.

Afghan was the original war that should of continued, instead it bled over to Iraq. Democracy or not, it was uneccessary, not only life wise, but tax payers money wise. Remember, Somewhere, somehow in war, someone's getting rich off of it.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
V
Stalker

i watched those youtube clips, and to get my real feelings across would mean just about every other word of mine being censored by the filter on here, so ill just leave it at that.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #16
Slow-V6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
This
Quote:
Thirded.

You guys do realize that we are out there working 12 hrs or more a day, 7 days a week, in temps that are 130 degrees and even higher on the flight decks of aircraft carriers.. When you get off work in Iraq or the Persian Gulf and you go inside your barracks or berthing areas on the ship and the only thing you see on CNN is how people say we dont support this war because of this or that and that we need to pull out of Iraq and the middle east. It hurts. I can tell you that for a fact that it hurts and makes you feel like we are the bad guys and that people in the US dont have our backs because they dont believe in the war that we are involved in. Its fine to protest the war and the war efforts but for stations like CNN who broadcast the protests and then say that CNN is patriotic then they post videos of news people with Taliban soldiers shooting at US soldiers and they still claim to be patriotic!! Come on.

Every one of us signed up for the Military and new what could happen. most of our families had our backs when we joined. My 2 brothers serve in the Navy as well as I did and my family might not agree with the war but they support it and our efforts and if they were to go on CNN thats what they would say!! They know that we overseas see the news as well and my parents would not want to effect our moral in any way.. The least thing you want is for a soldier to have doubts about being over there from the stupid press and anti war demos. The thing that keeps us going is knowing that our country has our backs. Thats the way I feel but keep in mind that I have not been over there since 2005. Maybe some more recent sailors or soldiers can chime in on how they view the war and the news.

The taliban bombed the world trade center back in the early 90's as a terror act. Clinton did not do anything about it military wise. Then September 11th happened. Bush did do something and now 9 years how many acts of terror has happened on our soil? I think our war efforts are more involed then just oil. I think its trying to weed out the terrorist and keep our land and people safe.. If it takes our military to be in Iraq and the middle east to do this then I am fine with that. As long as I know my family back home is safe then thats all that matters.

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-13-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #17
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I'll belly up to this bar.

If you think that any source of media is even remotely credible you are getting a lifetime ban for being a moron. It's a cash grab, and the more people that are feeling a powerful emotion, the more viewers/readers, and the more $ they get. I cannot get into details but I know the games firsthand- not through guessing or drawing implications. You can make people feel what you want them to feel. Plus ad serving is a a big business, and hits are dollars.

Guys in the service- for every 1 douche you see on TV, there are probably 1,000 others that appreciate what you do and have your back. Please remember that, and thanks!

To the OP:

I did in fact watch some of it, and it was just like I figured it would be. They can play with children and drink tea and whatever they want, they are still misguided hate-mongers at the core to me. Show me a group of Nazis doing a waltz at a 1940's ball and I'll tell you the same.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #18
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
I'll belly up to this bar.

Guys in the service- for every 1 douche you see on TV, there are probably 1,000 others that appreciate what you do and have your back. Please remember that, and thanks!
I know but its sad that CNN after the Iraq invasion they only seemed to air the people who protest.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
WildBillyT

Quote:
I know but its sad that CNN after the Iraq invasion they only seemed to air the people who protest.
Jeff,

A GD shame for certain. But please see the first part of my post.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #20
NastyEllEssWon

a few points and remember i too, as most of us given our geographic locations, lost friends and family in the 9/11 attacks.....

1. 9/11 was used as an excuse to re-invade Iraq, clean up the mess that bush sr. made over there and set up an interim government that would be friendly and deal with ours for future political and financial gain.

2. it sucks that you are over there on false pretenses and risking your lives to line the pockets of political big wigs and fat cat tycoons.

3. you voluntarily signed up for the military and are over there on your own recognizance.

4. its an americans right to disagree with government procedures when they feel they are in the wrong. in fact its that very freedom you are fighting to protect. when you see americans protesting you should feel proud that americans are exercising those freedoms that you are sworn to uphold and protect from the tyranny of the world.

5. just because they are protesting our governments involvement in the war you are fighting does not mean that they are protesting the soldiers and arent behind them. we are behind you 100 percent, but dont feel its fair that you are fighting a battle that isnt yours. which is why we protest the war and call for your safe homecoming. dont take the protest of the politics of war personally, you are the reason we are protesting, because you are risking your life to fight a threat that isnt there.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #21
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
a few points and remember i too, as most of us given our geographic locations, lost friends and family in the 9/11 attacks.....

1. 9/11 was used as an excuse to re-invade Iraq, clean up the mess that bush sr. made over there and set up an interim government that would be friendly and deal with ours for future political and financial gain.

2. it sucks that you are over there on false pretenses and risking your lives to line the pockets of political big wigs and fat cat tycoons.

3. you voluntarily signed up for the military and are over there on your own recognizance.

4. its an americans right to disagree with government procedures when they feel they are in the wrong. in fact its that very freedom you are fighting to protect. when you see americans protesting you should feel proud that americans are exercising those freedoms that you are sworn to uphold and protect from the tyranny of the world.

5. just because they are protesting our governments involvement in the war you are fighting does not mean that they are protesting the soldiers and arent behind them. we are behind you 100 percent, but dont feel its fair that you are fighting a battle that isnt yours. which is why we protest the war and call for your safe homecoming. dont take the protest of the politics of war personally, you are the reason we are protesting, because you are risking your life to fight a threat that isnt there.
And as its your right to say that garbage, its my right to say you are an *******.

But as a outsider, the videos offer insights to a very much one sided war that has been shown through the media. History is written by the victors and while these people may not be the nicest or whatever, they are fighting for what they believe is right.

/Advocate

**** em, anti american ********.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 12-13-2010 at 07:02 PM.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #22
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

I'm staying out of this one because everyone knows how I stand.

I will throw this out here though, the media is NOTORIOUS for stretching and even changing the truth just for ratings. No one in this world is straight (media, politicians, banks) except for the hard working American that supports a family and provides to society, everyone has an alternate agenda that they disguise with something that looks nice.

I remember shoot outs in Iraq that would result in many enemy casualties, that all of a sudden turn into "innocent civilians being killed" because when the media shows up, all the weapons have been mysteriously removed from those combatants. The media has done this on more than one occasion, and only makes unnecessary drama for everyone back home who thinks we are murderers, which is complete ********

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
DevilDougWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #23
WildBillyT

Everybody please keep in mind the no politics rule on here. Posts will be axed from here on out if they get that way.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
Blacdout96

10-4 WBT

Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #25
Slow-V6

Quote:

1. The taliban had no connections with Iraq you are saying right? Saddam had no connections with the Taliban you are saying correct?

2. It might be true what you are saying but It was my job and I followed orders. Would Iraq just have stood there and watched us invad afganistan? Is it a good bet that a bunch of Taliban officials escaped into Iraq? Would saddam have helped the terrorist who attacked us? are these risks that you are willing to take when you are trying to protect a nation?

3. Yes I did.. and if I didnt have a kid I would still be in fighting in Iraq right now.

4. I wasnt worried about your right to free speech. I did not have that right in the Military and I am an american citizan. If my Commander told me to do something I couldnt protest it or tell him Go F himself because I dont believe in the war. I cared about saving lives. I bet that most high officials in the military after 9/11 werent worried about saving peoples rights to free speach, They were worried about protecting a country against further terror attacks. Did going into Iraq help that cause? I dont know. You tell me. Once again how many terror acts have happened on american soil since invading Iraq vrs before getting rid of Saddam?

5. We are risking our lives to fight a threat that isnt there..

I was risking my life to protect the people who live in the US against a terror act like 9/11 or any other attack on american soil. There might not be WMD's in Iraq but there was and still is terrorists in Iraq and they are a real threat. This battle is my battle because its my job and I want to help protect my family. You speak for US in the military that we think this war is not worth fighting for and is not our war to be fighting. So your protests put these thoughts in our head and excpect us to be on our top game when fighting the enemy! I was trained to shoot guns, hand to hand combat, use grenades and just about every other weapon and one point or another. What I wasnt trained is how to keep your mind focused when you have people back home like you who always end up on the stupid news saying that Our troops dont need to be over there because there is no threat and its not our war when you guys are at home going to work and going out to bars watching football games and ****.. You go out to the persian gulf and load 200 1500lb bombs onto F14's in the 140 degree weather with full flight deck gear on and watch a fully loaded F14 with 10-15 bombs launch then hours latter come back with no payload at all and then you tell me that there is no threat out there and that its not my war!! Tell the Soldiers on the ground that are taking fire that there is no threat over there and its not there Battle..

Hopefully this isnt considered a political statment. I am just telling how it is for some of us who are actually over there fighting this war and how the News effects our moral and well being..

Last edited by Slow-V6; 12-13-2010 at 08:56 PM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge