Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 03-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Central NJ C&C 2016 - big changes

From their facebook page, and the email they sent said the same

https://www.facebook.com/carsandcoffeenj/?fref=nf

Quote:
We're excited to announce that our next Cars & Coffee NJ meet is Sunday, April 24th. PLEASE NOTE THE IMPORTANT CHANGES TO CARS & COFFEE NJ

The operators of Cars and Coffee New Jersey are very appreciative of all of your support over the past four seasons.

This year begins in addressing the challenges of hosting such a popular event:

Our current location in Moto Business Park, Millstone Township, New Jersey has been a very unique setting for a meet. The safe parking spaces that allow you to not worry about a cars next to yours, country like setting, no traffic and onlookers are to name a few qualities of our meeting space. We experience unprecedented growth in 2015 that caused us to outgrow this location for the 2016 season. Thus, we researched many venues to accommodate more cars with no success. Dates, Size of Crowd, Cost, Liability were the main contributors of our failed research. Therefore to continue the event in 2016 we will be returning to Moto Business Park with a limit of 300 cars per meet to keep control of the event and respect the space we are bring allowed to use.

Cost
The expenses of conducting our meets have risen considerably over the years. In the past we have relied 100% on Donations and Sponsorships to offset this cost. The shortfalls have been subsidized by volunteer labor that has been very hard to come by. This year, in lieu of donations we are instituting fees for participating.

Season Pass $35 - LIMIT OF 200 PASSES SOLD
Available for purchase through PayPal ONLY.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE> http://tinyurl.com/zxuxz56
This gives you guaranteed access to all seven meets (April through October) and complimentary Coffee and Donuts.

Same Day Pass $10 - FIRST 100 CARS TO ARRIVE
Paid morning of show ONLY.
The sale of the same day passes are limited to the first 100 cars that arrive on the day of the given meet. This gives you access to the monthly meet and complimentary Coffee and Donuts.

Spectators
Spectators are welcome on a complimentary space available basis in our spectator parking areas (approximately 200 cars). This year spectators will have the opportunity to purchase food from the provided Food Truck located at the entrance to the meet.

Dates and Time
This season the times of our meets will be 8:00am to 10:30am and held on the following days:

Sunday, April 24th
Sunday, May 22nd
Sunday, June 26th
Sunday, July 31st
Sunday, August 21st
Sunday, September 25th
Sunday, October 16th

We understand that these changes might affect your participation and we apologize for that in advance. These types of meets are being created and being shut down around the country due to unmanageable growth and issues. We hope that by modifying our event we can secure some longevity and still able to provide some pleasure for fellow car enthusiasts.

Warm Regards,

Cars and Coffee of New Jersey

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:44 AM   #2
KevinW

Very Interesting! I will have to think on this. So this means the cars 101 through 300 do not have to pay? (but don't get donuts, which is no biggie )

Oh I get it. 300 cars total each event, 200 season pass holders, 100 Day passes. So that would mean that after 100 day passes are sold, the only let in season pass holders after that. Even if there are less than 200 season pass holder that show up.

Last edited by KevinW; 03-29-2016 at 10:51 AM.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #3
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Saw the email and I'm not surprised. All these types of meets are blowing up beyond their intended purpose. I only made a couple of these so will prob just pay at the "gate" if I want to attend.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
TaKid455

North NJ chapter is on the verge of this. Event blew up after a new location and social media. Being the Bergen cty and NNJ chapters are bi -weekly, they start to dwindle as the season goes on and become more enjoyable.

Last one was in the 3-400 range where 1-200 is typical.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
6spdg37s

so I can just go spectate instead since currently my car is nothing special. I feel like this will shake alot of people anyway all around.
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events