Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 08:21 AM   #26
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWIKBIRD View Post
That'd be interesting to see if they would allow a trailerblazer on track. Thinking along the lines of high center of gravity and manuvering at speed??? I don't think the SCCA would allow you to autox it. A track day event, I don't know? That would be a very good question.
You're right, the SCCA doesn't allow SUV's. I thought of taking my Explorer to the Giants stadium one . Dunno about the track day though. Be interesting to see.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #27
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

I definately would be in.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #28
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Yeah, you really don't have an excuse since it is only a few minutes from your house. lol

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #29
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

We have made the decision to go ahead and work with a professional in the planning of this event. The complexities and details of planning a track day are a bit more involved than we had anticipated.

We will be receiving some proposals with various options for our track day in several weeks. We will let everyone know once we have that information what kinds of prices, numbers of lapping sessions, food, fuel, parts availability and other details to expect.

Thanks for your support of the track day idea. Keep talking it up to your friends and letting them know about the club and the site. The more people we have on board in the beginning, the lower a lot of the costs will be in the end.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #30
NastyEllEssWon

id be down to attend the event but i dont drive my camaro in the manner of a road course intended. id be more than happy to throw the beretta around the course for the hell of it.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #31
yanniotis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
You're right, the SCCA doesn't allow SUV's. I thought of taking my Explorer to the Giants stadium one . Dunno about the track day though. Be interesting to see.

Yes, but they allow Lightnings and that is a truck. I wanted sell the L and buy a TBSS, but did not for that reason. I'd be interested, but my GTA won't be ready, so I'd like to bring the Lightning and see what it can do with the new motor and big brakes.
yanniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #32
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanniotis View Post
Yes, but they allow Lightnings and that is a truck. I wanted sell the L and buy a TBSS, but did not for that reason. I'd be interested, but my GTA won't be ready, so I'd like to bring the Lightning and see what it can do with the new motor and big brakes.
Well I was at the SAAC event, and they did have a lightening out there. however, I do believe that was for the event, and was not SCCA sanction, allowing that to go out there, but as far as rules i usually read, SUV's arent allowed out there cause of their high center of gravity, but im not so sure about pickups. RUles might be different in different regions, but I dont think pushing a truck out there is as much fun as a Camaro or Firebird anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #33
Mike
BadMod

fags, gm took my truck to nuremburgring (sp) and its tuned for it.......i wonder if i get the coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:47 PM   #34
EchoMirage
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Well I was at the SAAC event, and they did have a lightening out there. however, I do believe that was for the event, and was not SCCA sanction, allowing that to go out there, but as far as rules i usually read, SUV's arent allowed out there cause of their high center of gravity, but im not so sure about pickups. RUles might be different in different regions, but I dont think pushing a truck out there is as much fun as a Camaro or Firebird anyways.
there was an SRT10 dodge ram at e-town the last time i was there.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #35
yanniotis

There is also someone on the Lightning boards that does the open road races. Plus lots of others that road race and autocross their trucks on a regular basis. It is very popular.

Pushing a truck with 600 rear wheel ft/lbs of torque around a racetrack is tons of fun!
yanniotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #36
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoMirage View Post
there was an SRT10 dodge ram at e-town the last time i was there.
I saw one locally and it was surprisingly quiet. But that was in traffic so who knows when it opens up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X