Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #26
Troy

Some nice projects there...

For me- Have rear LCA relocation brackets welded on.
Grind rear calipers
Install front studs
Redo pinion angle

This is on top of the 3 month fall/winter project to rebuild 12 bolt, install intake, etc etc etc

Can't wait to take the car to the track with the 4.56 gears and 15" ET Drags
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #27
198esp1

finaly starting to get some work done on the car. Got the motor and trans back in tonight. Got the rear lexan trimmed and blacked out just waiting for the glass guy to glue it in. The car should be at about 3140lbs when it hits the road, and have about 65 rwhp more. Thanks Christian for lending a hand.
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #28
2MCHPWR

kev - what are the specs of the new motor? what class are you running in nowadays? plans on going to nationals?

chris - will you dyno the new exhaust to see if it picks up anything?

good luck guys!
2MCHPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #29
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR View Post

chris - will you dyno the new exhaust to see if it picks up anything?

good luck guys!
I doubt I'd spend for dyno time just for the exhaust, maybe a dyno day type thing, but not a full dyno session.

The exhaust project isn't really geared to pick up power, more to clean things up under the car. The current set up has been tweaked on so much its time to start fresh. So I'll keep the SLP dual/dual because I think from a power/dB standpoint its a proven setup and looks good. The cutout is long gone so I'll get rid of that flange and probably the bullet in the I-pipe. I'll either save the flowmaster merge and reuse it or get another one, that's a nice piece.

Philly region SCCA is pretty tight on the noise issue at their sites so I have to build with that in mind.

You got any projects lurking under the radar?

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 198esp1 View Post
finaly starting to get some work done on the car. Got the motor and trans back in tonight. Got the rear lexan trimmed and blacked out just waiting for the glass guy to glue it in. The car should be at about 3140lbs when it hits the road, and have about 65 rwhp more. Thanks Christian for lending a hand.
Its starting to take shape. Definitely can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep the project going forward, don't let it stall.

Now I gotta get cracking on my pile of parts, front suspension or rear suspension? Hmmmmm.....

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #31
198esp1

The new motor is a crate ls6 with an ASA cam. Should make some good low end torque and still be bullet proof. The car is now c-prepared min weight with my engine and tire size is 3100 im about 3150 right now. Im doing the northeast divisional in may in dc. Nationals is something im thinking about. Depends on the wife's work schedule if she's traveling or not.
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Road Racing / Auto X