Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
elle

Cars and Coffee

We just went one at Steel Stacks Pa last week. **** ton of cars but it may have been the biggest let down for a car meet I have ever went to. Too big , random lots, no separation of cool vehicles and mini vans etc.
elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I have yet to go to one (I work weekends), but I hear they are usually well organized. Its a shame that one sounds like a poorly executed one. I'd love to scope one out someday once my car is properly sorted out.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #3
elle

It's hard to explain. They had a bunch of people working it. I think Steel Stacks is just an odd setup for it. The main parking lot with feature cars had a lot of junk in it too. Like I said there were a ton of cars and there was some really cool stuff but it was too hard to walk and see it all.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

The Bergen County affiliate "Cars & Caffe" is meeting again on the 6th. The last get-together was the 23rd in Woodcliff Lake & was pretty well organized for what it is.
This is not a "show" in the traditional sense of the word. It's a more of a meet.

While I can't speak to the other regions, this particular chapter & a couple others that I know of are mainly packed with high-end cars. I spotted 1 "stanced" car, 1 classic, 1 Mustang, 3 Fbodies, and more $80k-$500k cars than I could count. Yes, they're often in a large public parking lot, & consumers can be parked nearby, however, this isn't always a problem. For instance, due to Bergen County Blue Laws, most places are closed on Sundays, making for mostly empty parking lots. On top of that, many of the guys get there earlier than the Average Sunday consumer.

Typically, they have a great reputation. But as with all things, YMMV.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
The Bergen County affiliate "Cars & Caffe" is meeting again on the 6th. The last get-together was the 23rd in Woodcliff Lake & was pretty well organized for what it is.
This is not a "show" in the traditional sense of the word. It's a more of a meet.

While I can't speak to the other regions, this particular chapter & a couple others that I know of are mainly packed with high-end cars. I spotted 1 "stanced" car, 1 classic, 1 Mustang, 3 Fbodies, and more $80k-$500k cars than I could count. Yes, they're often in a large public parking lot, & consumers can be parked nearby, however, this isn't always a problem. For instance, due to Bergen County Blue Laws, most places are closed on Sundays, making for mostly empty parking lots. On top of that, many of the guys get there earlier than the Average Sunday consumer.

Typically, they have a great reputation. But as with all things, YMMV.
Did you have to pay? We didn't but I have heard that some charge a donation fee. Yes, it's def a meet not a show. The place we were at has a bunch of parking lots and they are all a pretty decent size. I think it was 9-am1-2pm. We heard some people showed up at 630 am to get close spots. It was good to go to but I wouldn't go to another one. What I liked the most is seeing all the crazy things that the ricers to their cars. They def come up with some ideas of modification , that's for sure. Since we are on a F body site, I did see some nice ones.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
TaKid455

C&C events area free. Just show up and enjoy the cars and people. Good times. Not big fan of the steel stacks event. Went Last year with the 78. To get a prime spot you need to get there retardedly early. Traffic was a mess. Loads of event folk and regular passerbys. Its it rather huge. As elle mentioned, you park all over the place mixed with everything. While this has charater, parking next to a soccer mom or someone that could careless can be nerve racking. Also you get undesirables driving and walking around. (read: sketchy folk) The big $ cars are nice and there are nice cars/ trucks throughout. Stance nation was alive and well. However, I didn't see anything that the local C&C or evening cruise night would have. Would I go back, perhaps but not a priority.

Last edited by TaKid455; 10-27-2016 at 07:23 PM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:34 AM   #7
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

If there is one Sunday in that Bergen county area, let me know for sure. I have a soccer game 8-10ish in the morning in Dumont. Maybe I can swing by the C&C event afterwards? I have never been to one yet before.

either that, or I was considering going to Island dragway or to the autoX at the meadowlands that same day, or to the PCTI show in wayne if for some reason it does not happen on Saturday as planned...

fyer:
http://www.newjerseycarshows.com/upl..._show_2016.jpg

undecided

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-28-2016 at 10:01 AM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #8
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
If there is one Sunday in that Bergen county area, let me know for sure. I have a soccer game 8-10ish in the morning in Dumont. Maybe I can swing by the C&C event afterwards? I have never been to one yet before.

either that, or I was considering going to Island dragway or to the autoX at the meadowlands that same day, or to the PCTI show in wayne.

fyer:
http://www.newjerseycarshows.com/upl..._show_2016.jpg

undecided

Next CC I know of is Nov 6. But we NNJ NJFBOA guys may be getting together again in Wyckoff on Sunday. The last 2 weekends we've been meeting at Dunkin around 10:00AM. Thread here: http://njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67274

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge