Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
EODMonkey

02 camaro spohn smm

has anyone installed the spohn solid motor mounts in their ls1 camaro? i'm doing it now along with a new clutch and torque arm so the whole drive train is apart as well. i have the driver side manifold off old mount is out but the new solid one still doesnt fit. wtf? i'm trying to do it one side at a time so i dont screw the engine alignment to the mount holes up but even with it jacked as high as it will go the mount still wont fit onto the k-member. i dont want to drop the k-member too because that just seems excessive with the motor already higher than normal. am i missing something? this really shouldnt be this hard. are the spohn mounts not the same height as my stock mounts?
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
EODMonkey

well this is ******, i have the mounts in place but the holes dont line up. when the holes on the k-member are aligned it looks like my engine has to move forward about 1/4 inch, but thats not possible because i have no room to do it with my intake. and of course the opposite would be true if i mounted the engine first. should i mount them on the engine and use them as handles to move it around?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1620small.jpg (41.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1621small.jpg (45.1 KB, 16 views)
EODMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #3
Kat
11 Second Club

You do know that there is a left and right side of those mounts. Should be stamped L and R on it...

I don't remember how he does those anymore. It's been almost 8 years since I made a set of those.

Last edited by Kat; 04-28-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning