Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
69RSZ

2011 camaro nats at carlisle

Will not be at carlisle!! The aca has given the show to the maryland camaro club and will most likely be held somewhere in maryland next year so the rumor mill says on chirp 3rd. The ACA cannot settle some disputes with carlisle and has given up on carlisle next year.I have emailed the ACA and have let them know how I feel about this which sucks because i like camping out at carlisle and you can bet if its somewhere in maryland you will have to pay the hotel cartels 150.00 a night and get ripped off.So if you liked carlisle and are as pissed as I am email Karl at ACA and let him know.i wonder how nasty z/28 club members feel about this?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
BonzoHansen
Admin.

this will suck. I have some messages out, let me see what I can dig up.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

We will be in Frederick, MD June 23 - 25, 2011! If April says it will be good I trust and back her and the MCC 100%.

Quote:
Hello Fellow Camaro Enthusiasts:

The Maryland Camaro Club would like to welcome all our fellow Camaro owners to the 13th Annual Camaro Nationals June 23 - 25, 2011.

As you are aware the American Camaro Association has chosen not to put on the Nationals and the M.C.C. (which has been the host club for the last 6 years) was asked by the A.C.A. to put on the Nationals. A.C.A. had a signed yearly exclusive agreement with Carlisle Productions which will not be renewed.

The American Camaro Association will serve as advisors and consultants to the Maryland Camaro Club and will be at the 2011 show.

M.C.C. will be presenting the Camaro Nationals at the Frederick Fairgrounds in Frederick, MD. The host hotel will be the Holiday Inn in Frederick about 4 miles from the show field. Frederick is located off I-70 and Route 15. Frederick is located in a very historic area with many National Historic sites easily within reach. Many Civil War Battlefields including Gettysburg as well as Washington D.C. and Baltimore are nearby. More information will be available in the near future.

Everything will be in place just as it has been the previous twelve years. All 51 classes will still be offered from Non-Judged through Concours classes. All the judges that you have known and seen in the past will be there to judge classes in 2011.

Let me reassure you that the only things that have changed are the club presenting the Camaro Nationals and the location. Nothing else will change, which is the number one goal of the show – to be the same show you have all known, enjoyed and attended over the years.

I’m sure many of you have questions and concerns: feel free to contact Bud Scolastico in the evenings at 610-921-3721 or email Bud at buds396@yahoo.com.

We look forward to seeing everyone in June and having another great show.

Best regards,

April Alderson
President of the Maryland Camaro Club

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 10-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

wonder if carlisle will have camaros there but let those classes be run under the GM nats?

also i think that weekend that the MD club picked most likely will be the weekend of super chevy maple grove, pa its usually that same weekend roughly.

Procharged/intercooled 406 Shafirorff with FAST XFI
Sponsors:
Boccellas Performance http://www.boccellasperformance.com/
Spohn suspension
http://www.spohn.net/
camaroracer1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroracer1992 View Post
wonder if carlisle will have camaros there but let those classes be run under the GM nats?

also i think that weekend that the MD club picked most likely will be the weekend of super chevy maple grove, pa its usually that same weekend roughly.
SC MG is usually July.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

oooh you are right scott. well i may go depending the ride, if they dont do awards the same day then im not going, its too much back and forth.

Sponsors:
Spohn suspension
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I'll mail it to you.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

just mapquested it, 3hrs and 15 min one way for me, count me out

Sponsors:
Spohn suspension
Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
69RSZ

I went to the fredricks fairgrounds webpage, its a place for selling cows,pigs and other farm animals and I am not driveing 3hrs to park my car in cow ****,sorry
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
BonzoHansen
Admin.

FWIW
Quote:
Originally Posted by April81Z28
We are not using any of the livestock areas of the fairgrounds. The building for judging is the same type of building as the one used at Carlisle - metal building, concrete floors and double doors that open at each end of the building - and it's larger. This is NOT a building used for livestock.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

i noticed its the same dates at gm nats at carlisle, i also noticed that carlisle didnt add a camaro registration on their site for 2011 registration. well this blows. if carlisle doesnt have anything for camaro's ill jsut ride out with dad in his 96 impala ss.

Sponsors:
Spohn suspension
Old 11-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
Carlisle Rick

Thumbs up GM Nationals / Camaro Nationals

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to express your thoughts about the GM Nationals. I apologize for the stories and rumors currently circulating the internet regarding the future of the event and Camaros in particular. And truth be told, we have only positive feelings and respect for both the ACA and the MCC after 12 great years in Carlisle. I believe we're all here for the same thing, to enjoy the Camaro and foster and grow the hobby.

It is unfortunate that the ACA & MCC chose to conduct their inaugural event on the same date as the GM Nationals but rest assured Camaros will be in attendance during the GM Nationals in 2011 and beyond. We invite ALL Camaro clubs and enthusiasts to join us for a weekend of entertainment and activities.

As the event manager of the GM Nationals I can and will share some facts with you. The GM Nationals is actually one of our fastest growing shows and we certainly want that trend to continue. Camaros are a large part of that growth with about 500 registered Camaros in attendance in 2010 (that does not account for the other 100+ that were display only Camaros). As a passionate Camaro owner and enthusiast I work hard to make sure Camaro continues to lead the growth at the event. The Camaro Nation belongs in Carlisle.

We will continue to work with our friends and industry professionals representing manufacturers, aftermarket suppliers, sponsors, electronic media, print magazines and participants associated within the hobby who have pledged to support the GM Nationals to bring you the very best event possible. We are fast preparing Camaro classes for posting on our web site to facilitate registration and planning your weekend in Carlisle.

Don’t forget about our Gate-N-Go procedures allowing speedy entry to the grounds if pre-registered by the cutoff date. To register for the GM Nationals, or for more info and the most up to date news head to our web site (CarlisleEvents.com).

If you have any thoughts you would like to share, please do so. I will take them into consideration as we continue to plan the 2011 event. I recommend that if you want accurate, current and concise information that you contact me directly using the following resources:

Email: RickM@CarlisleEvents.com
Office: 717-243-7855 x124
GM Nationals Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GMNationals
Thanks!
Rick
Carlisle Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

awesome Rick! I just saw the camaros are added to carlisle. I will be pre registering tonight/this weekend! Thanks alot dude looking forward to it like always!

Sponsors:
Spohn suspension
Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #14
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69RSZ View Post
I went to the fredricks fairgrounds webpage, its a place for selling cows,pigs and other farm animals and I am not driveing 3hrs to park my car in cow ****,sorry
IIRC, this is where the first Third Gen Nats was. Not a bad place at all. I have never been to Carlisle though.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
Carlisle Rick

Camaros at GM Nationals

It's time to bring everyone up to speed with correct information as there seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around.

As most Camaro enthusiasts will agree, we're not happy that the ACA/MCC decided to move the Camaro Nationals to MD, and hold the event on the same date. It only serves to “separate” the Camaro community and force Camaro enthusiasts to make a choice between two shows that once were one that they enjoyed. That decision appears to be a reflection of someone not necessarily thinking about the entire Camaro community. For that we are sorry. We will continue to offer the Fairgrounds to the MCC as a home for their event.

The real reason the ACA decided to "turn over the reins" of the show to the MCC (their words in a post) can only be verified by the ACA. We will not offer our opinion. However, we were involved in discussions with them to relieve some of the responsibility of administering the event in order to reduce their workload and stress. Plus planning for increased Camaros and aligning the showfields at the GM event to accommodate them. (Very similar to the Ford event where Mustangs account for about 45% of the registered vehicles.)

BTW, Camaros made up about 30% of the registered vehicles at the 2010 GM event. It certainly is our hope, AND plan, that in the very near future, Camaros become as numerous at the GM event as Mustangs are at the Ford event! We continue to receive support from the many manufacturers and vendors at the GM Nationals, as we have for many years, to help make that a reality.

The total pre-registration numbers for the GM Nationals are up about 200% over 2010. However, since Camaros registered through the ACA in 2010 we do not have an accurate comparison. (There were 462 pre-registered Camaros which grew to about 500 registered Camaros by the end of the 2010 event.) We're planning for more Camaros this year as we have much planned, including a full complement of Camaro classes and awards. Check out our web site (http://carlisleevents.com/ce/events/gm-nationals/) for the complete list of classes and all the latest news. Join us for a great time at the GM Nationals with Camaros as a feature vehicle!

The “Camaro Nationals” in name only, has moved to another location. But rest assured, there will be plenty of Camaros and associated products present at the GM Nationals for any and all Camaro owners! Plus the “other” GM brands showing off their prize rides as well. If you have any questions and need the "straight scoop" feel free to contact me at the office. My phone number is 717-243-7855 x124 and my email is RickM@ CarlisleEvents.com.

Thanks & have a great Camaro day!
Rick
Carlisle Rick is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events