Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #1
kaoskreater94

rear end

hey, im looking for a rear end from a 98-02 camaro with 3.41 gears to replace my stock rear end in my 94 V6. can any one help me out?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #2
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

3.41?!?! I think you mean 3.42. I dont have one, sorry. did you check the classifieds?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
V
Stalker

why do you want to replace the entire rear? brake upgrades I assume, As far as i know and from experience, the 93-02 rears are all the same just the later ones got better posi units and the v8 cars had the larger rear disc brakes 98 and later. If your current rear is fine, you can just install the bigger brakes or swap out the center section. If your rear is bent, then you might as well get a complete rear, but keep in mind to look for rears with or without traction control and abs options(3 or 4 channel). If you let us know exactly what you plans/needs are, im sure we give you more specific advice on what to get and where to look.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
kaoskreater94

well i want the new rear so that i can have disc brakes because i have drum, i also want the bigger gears in the diff. i'm assuming i have traction control due to the fact that my low traction light on the dash has come on sometimes when i burn out, and im not sure if i have 3 or 4 channel ABS, how would i find that out?
Old 01-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
V
Stalker

with a V6 i dont think you have traction control in 94. there would be a swithc for it somewhere by the dash/center console. I forget what abs w/trac control is, its either 3 or 4 channel and the non-traction control is just abs. However, with your stock rear, you should have 3.42's already. I stripped a 94 v4 automatic car i ahd and used the rear in my 94 z28. I opened the rear since i had to pull the axles for the drum to disc swaa and thats how i know the v6 rear had 3.42s. If anything, i'd recommend just getting the disc brake setup for a 98-02 ls1 camaro, and installing it on your axle. its pretty straight forward, you'd need, backing plates, calipers, pads, rotors, short rubber lines and the short metal disc brake lines. Then id also recommend you change the proportioning valve on your car to one from a car with disc brakes since they uses differnt pressures for optimal braking.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
kaoskreater94

do u know where i can find the brake setup? would i have to go to a junkyard or could i find it on a site, and how much do u think it would cost?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:29 AM   #7
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

trac control is 4 channel, just ABS is 3 channel

I have a 3.42 LSD LT1 rear I might be selling in the near future, depends on how beaten and aused it is deemed to be. Thing is I am using all of the brake hardware save the backign plates on the new rear.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts