Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2005 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 08-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #1
jrsfast84

August 14th.

Just like to say i had a great time at Island today, i enjoy racing, meeting people, talking to everyone, like to thank Island Dragway for leaving the track open for testing, i hoped there were more people to attend the event, but the heat i think played a big role in the turn out, maybe next time, later in the year when it gets cooler out, also did anybody get my wheel-stand on tape,i was in the heads-up class, white 84' T/A. thanks. JR1.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

thanks for coming out today jr. congrats on the win in heads up.
we will definately try to tweak things to get a larger car count racing next year.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 08-14-2005, 04:52 PM   #3
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I also had a really fun time... definately an awesome first time to the track. And you all love my headlight mod 8)

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #4
kazman

Thanks for all the work in getting the event going. Next year could you make it a little hotter and a bit more humid? Time to sit in the A/C, drink some beer, and cry about my red light in the final round of the slick tire class. Thanks again.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 08-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #5
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

thanks for a great time it was really enjoyable, and everyone was real friendly. Hope to meet up with everyone again soon. I had the SOM SS.

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
Old 08-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

thanks kaz. it was good to see you again, been a few years since we had a chance to chat.
thanks for coming out. let everyone know about the show. we will definately be going for it again next year.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 08-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #7
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

i wanna go to a track again... soon...

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 08-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #8
camaro2you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
thanks for coming out today jr. congrats on the win in heads up.
we will definately try to tweak things to get a larger car count racing next year.

later
tim
You will have atleast one more there, if everything goes well this winter lol.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #9
j0n

great time...but i will never get off jimmyboys ass for the shortcut that saved us about 5 minutes and took us over speed bumps

p.s. central rolls deeper than anyone and kicks ass 8)
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #10
jimmyboy8301
12 Second Club

lol, where else could you go on a nice sunday drive through the woods with a caravan of F-Body's!!

2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Vortec Max
Superlift/BMF/Toyo/EFI Live/K&N/Cherry Bomb/Pioneer/Alpine/Bose/and more
2001 Chevy Camaro SS SOM build #487 12.44 @ 107.92 *SOLD*
Old 08-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #11
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

BTW to anyone i didnt get introduced to I was the red 4th gen with duct tape over the headlights/edges of the hood

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 08-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #12
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
BTW to anyone i didnt get introduced to I was the red 4th gen with duct tape over the headlights/edges of the hood
Old 08-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #13
camarokev

Quote:
i remember ya bro, nice touch w/ the tape, lol 8)
Old 08-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #14
kazman

Quote:

BTW I was the 4th gen running without an alt belt after the first round. Well, I had the belt but it was on the back seat floor, someone handed it back to me in the staging lanes. Thanks to whoever that was.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 08-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #15
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

i hate a great time, my dad and i enjoyed it alot. my oil issue this morning is resolved. the front motor mount bolt holes in my dart block, like most small blocks the upper bolt protrudes into the fuel pump pushorod hole. i just put 3/4" (3/8-16) stainless bolts in all of them to dress the motor up and solve the oil leak and im in business. my time kinda sucked it was a 11.92 @121, i didnt purge the nitrous at the line (my dumb ass fault) and the nitrous bottle pressure wasnt where it shouldve been. im guessing its a high 10 motor around 124 ish??? oh and that was only on a 150 shot, i plan on launching on a 200-250 shot and then ramping in the other 200 down the strip for hopefully a high 9, low 10. jrs car is just plain insane i see that car at the grove all the time. oh and by the way i had the teal green camaro with the fuschia flake flames on it.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #16
punisher142

Re: August 14th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsfast84
Just like to say i had a great time at Island today, i enjoy racing, meeting people, talking to everyone, like to thank Island Dragway for leaving the track open for testing, i hoped there were more people to attend the event, but the heat i think played a big role in the turn out, maybe next time, later in the year when it gets cooler out, also did anybody get my wheel-stand on tape,i was in the heads-up class, white 84' T/A. thanks. JR1.
I think a buddy of mine has that wheel stand on tape if it was sometime in the afternoon. Do you use nitrous, because the wheelstand he cought on tape, the car did have nitrous.

Mods:
Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, MSD Ignition coils, 3.73 gears, Torsen LSD,
K&N Cold Air Intake, Window Tint (20% rear, 35%front), aluminum driveshaft
Old 08-14-2005, 10:14 PM   #17
camaroAL
10 Second Club

Social Networks:

anyone have any good pics,saw kev's,im looking for others
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 AM   #18
zoomin iroc

jrsfast84 wrote:

Â*

Dude, I was behind you waiting to do my burnout. I just put the car in park and sat there. I didn't think you were ever coming down!

-Mike

www.Corvetteplenum.com
Old 08-15-2005, 07:19 AM   #19
jrsfast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroracer1992
i hate a great time, my dad and i enjoyed it alot. my oil issue this morning is resolved. the front motor mount bolt holes in my dart block, like most small blocks the upper bolt protrudes into the fuel pump pushorod hole. i just put 3/4" (3/8-16) stainless bolts in all of them to dress the motor up and solve the oil leak and im in business. my time kinda sucked it was a 11.92 @121, i didnt purge the nitrous at the line (my dumb ass fault) and the nitrous bottle pressure wasnt where it shouldve been. im guessing its a high 10 motor around 124 ish??? oh and that was only on a 150 shot, i plan on launching on a 200-250 shot and then ramping in the other 200 down the strip for hopefully a high 9, low 10. jrs car is just plain insane i see that car at the grove all the time. oh and by the way i had the teal green camaro with the fuschia flake flames on it.
when you plan on going to Island again let me know,you have a nice looking car like to see it go when i'm not racing,this Sunday the 21st,i'll be there with a friend with a later model chevy to test,maybe you could come down.good luck. JR1.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:23 AM   #20
jrsfast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher142
Quote:
I think a buddy of mine has that wheel stand on tape if it was sometime in the afternoon. Â*Do you use nitrous, because the wheelstand he cought on tape, the car did have nitrous.
NO NITROUS, white 84' T/A,the wheel stand was about 150-200ft out and it bounced several times,if you do have that on tape, i would like to get a copie of it. thanks. JR1.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:32 AM   #21
jrsfast84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomin iroc
jrsfast84 wrote:

Â*

Dude, I was behind you waiting to do my burnout. I just put the car in park and sat there. I didn't think you were ever coming down!

-Mike
if you were sitting in my seat, it was not good for me, car went right,i shifted in the air twice,when the car starts to come down you have to wack the gas again to keep it from slamming the ground, but your getting bounced with the car its hard to think what to do in a blink of an eye trust me,its been doing this for two years, and i'm prepared for it every time. thanks,good luck, JR1.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #22
Batman
11 Second Club

Quote:
NO NITROUS, white 84' T/A,the wheel stand was about 150-200ft out and it bounced several times,if you do have that on tape, i would like to get a copie of it. thanks. JR1.
I have it on tape JR, I'm out of town till Friday but I will get it to you, awesome save BTW.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Old 08-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #23
jrsfast84

i'll be at Island this Sunday testing a car.maybe we can get together,i'll let you know for sure by weekend. thanks.JR1.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #24
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

hey jrs, i recognized your car from maple grove the sec i came in sun morning. your car is f-ing insane!!!! i work on sundays at my part time job to pay for the car (obviously) id def liek to check your car out more inperson and get talking to ya. i twas kinda neat the heavy hitters there yesterday were almost all people from PA/maple grove raceway. that other guys camaro i think his name is tom the 2 tone brown/gold z his car is nice too. i wish MG was open during the weeknights for test and tunes. my buddy is trying to get a group of people together to rent MG out for a day in late sept/early oct for a day ill keep you posted if you want to go out for a day
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #25
camaroracer1992
10 Second Club

oh i dont think ill be racing at island anytime soon cause the guy in tech was giving me a hard time about the screw in valve stems and also my nitrous permit (which i didnt have/know about in NJ). i dont know if the valve stems will work with my ARE torq thrust tims or not. this winter ill be upgrading to lighter wheels and doing more stuff to the car. i want to get racing soon!!!!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2005 East Coast F-Body Nationals