Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #76
RamAir95TA

Upon looking at the picture, are you sure you didn't install the bushing backwards? If you rotated it 180 degrees, the alignment tab would be on the other side.
10.82 @ 124.25, 1.43 60' 455whp, 445wtq
Clip of 10-second pass.

More info: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt...damn-time.html
RamAir95TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #77
SeanC

When I was first having a problem, I thought the same thing. If I flipped the bushing 180 degrees, the tab closest to where the engine lowers would be HIGHER than it is with the way I had it (pictured). It wouldnt make sense for it to be that way, it would cause the mount coming off the engine to hit the tabs even more....

Regardless, i'm done with trying to put that in. It just wasn't happening. The closest I could get it wasnt close enough for the bolt to go through the whole way, so the stock mount is back in.

Now I just have to figure out why my air fitting isnt screwing on to the pacesetter header......

Last edited by SeanC; 07-04-2010 at 07:37 PM.
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #78
NastyEllEssWon

get blockoff plates and say screw it
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #79
SeanC

I could kick myself for ordering headers with emissions now.....I'm not going to get block off plates. I hear that you can run into a lot of problems if you block off the air parts coming off the header (traps heat and can crack header). Any ideas why the threads are not matching up?
Old 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #80
Troy

I've had block off plates on my headers for 7 years with no problems.
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #81
NastyEllEssWon

tons of people rock blockoff plates with no problem. hell a member here (i wont mention names) has a set of headers with a plug in it and jb welded up and it works well. if youre not looking for anything permanent you can just get the blockoff plates and some red rtv to help seal it up
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #82
SeanC

I'll definitly think about it in the future.....I feel like I need to get everything hooked up first though. I know its dumb, that was just the original plan and I plan on sticking with it for the time being lol

I'm really hoping pacesetter can help me if I call them. I dont understand why the threads would be different. I planned on getting the car running this weekend and I only have a few more hours tomorrow to work on it before I head back to school

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning