Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
Rob WS6

NEW $7599 LS1 turbo kit!!!

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449644

Regular price $7599... are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously... Im definatley in the wrong business.

Quote:
We promised a quality product at an affordable price and we feel we have delviered.
Am I missing something here?

You can buy a complete LS1 car for the money their kits cost. And if your gonna bring up the whole "typical cheap thirdgenner" ********, keep it. Almost 8 friggin thousand dollars for a turbo kit that cost no more than $2000 to make? Thats price gouging there if I ever saw it... and yet, everyone in the thread is kissing their ass.

Oh yeah, and of course the company is a sponsor! Big surprise eh? I cant help but wonder if ls1tech.com is getting a little chunk of every kit they sell through there.
Rob WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

with how much twin turbo kits go for, that price isn't really out of line. maybe 500-1000 higher than other kits that i have seen offered before.
dunno anyting about GMR, so i dunno if it is a quality piece. but the fitment looks pretty good in the pictures. i woudl have more faith in it if they had run their testing on a closer to stock vehicle instead of a fully built engine.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
JW

As wacky as it seems that price doesn't seem too far off for everything you are getting I have seen messier single turbo kits for the same prices. I am interested in seeing the price of this Engine + Turbo combo kit they are talking about selling.

JW
Old 02-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
Rob WS6

Im not doubting the quality and workmanship of the kit, it looks good. But damn, almost 8 grand? Not to mention all the other mods you "should" do when putting on a kit like that.
Rob WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #5
enRo
13 Second Club

To tell u the truth, I wouldnt mind paying that money for a TT kit, maybe a tad overpriced. But if you watched that video they supplied, I think someone can walk away REALLY happy
Old 02-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #6
JW

Yea this kit actually perked my interst, I was also eyeing up the LS1Speed turbo kits. But yea alot of people do forget about the extra around 10 grand you do in other mods to keep the thing safe and solid.

Ofcourse if this http://njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15655 would have came through I could have gotten everyone one of these kits!

JW

Last edited by JW; 02-19-2006 at 11:36 PM.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #7
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

gmr is well known for being one of the better companies sponsoring ls1tech, and with the price of turbos i am not the least bit surprised.(those turbos go for a little over 1k each)
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #8
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob WS6
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449644

Regular price $7599... are you ****ing kidding me? Seriously... Im definatley in the wrong business.

Am I missing something here?

You can buy a complete LS1 car for the money their kits cost. And if your gonna bring up the whole "typical cheap thirdgenner" ********, keep it. Almost 8 friggin thousand dollars for a turbo kit that cost no more than $2000 to make? Thats price gouging there if I ever saw it... and yet, everyone in the thread is kissing their ass.

Oh yeah, and of course the company is a sponsor! Big surprise eh? I cant help but wonder if ls1tech.com is getting a little chunk of every kit they sell through there.
eh i would say theres probably close to 5K in parts...2 turbos($2000 combined), 2 wastegates($500 combined),bigass intercooler($800), 2 filters($100) and all the tubing to get it to work together not to mention the time that would have to go into each kit it all adds up. Closing in on 800 hp on some untouched truck heads with an ls6 cam is a good number though through a maf. I honestly cant say they are out of their mind with the pricing though...look at the other TT companies like incon that went out of business...the first few they are selling for ~$6500 so I just cant see a huge profit margin there....I can see enough to keep their business running for a while though with it.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #9
oh one ls1 SS

y did i have to buy that bike so early!! i coulda bought that instead and kept my car shiny side up too!
oh one ls1 SS is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge