Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-22-2006, 06:05 AM   #1
jin1481

Does anyone know where a good road track is?

Im looking for a road track thats in our area, anyone know where one is?

Yeah i probably play to much GT4 but i just want to learn and be able to drive my car to the max of its abilities in more then just a straight line . I want to do it legally and with out hurting anyone but myself.
jin1481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
Koll
14 Second Club

Dont you know? Our cars can only go in a straight line.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
coldkilla

I dont know where the local tracks are but check out www.frrax.com first before you go. good stuff there.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
BigAls87Z28

Englishtown has a road track, but I dont know what is going on with it. Its been built since 2002, and I have yet to hear anyone drive on it. Only time I saw cars on it was when MM&FF did a 03 Cobra vs 02 SS fight at Etown.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Lots of people on here will prolly recommend trying autocross before going to open track events.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Englishtown has a road track, but I dont know what is going on with it. Its been built since 2002, and I have yet to hear anyone drive on it. Only time I saw cars on it was when MM&FF did a 03 Cobra vs 02 SS fight at Etown.

that track has not and likely will not ever open. it is too close to the road and there is a bunch of BS from the township they are dealing with.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Pocono
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanzuuk1
O.K. This is it ,may 6th at pocono raceway, east course.Rain or shine.

You must have a snell sa 2000 or "M"rated helmet (a bell sprint is about 160$ online)

You register and pay 240$

You show up that morning and pass tech (basic safety check, see attached)

A morning classroom session is followed by groups going out with an instructer in your car. After a few sessions the instructer may cut you loose to lap on your own.

Sessions will be divided into groups based on experience/car type, you will get about two hours track time over the course of the day.

It is a tight road couse with a short 100+ mph straight section.It will be faster than an autocross but the emphasis is on cornering, not W.O.T. There is room to go off in the dirt and get back on without a loud crashing sound.Passing will be restricted to straightaways. Anyone who acts like they are on the bumper cars on coney island will be ejected.

I still want to meet at an autocross before this event, but no dates have been announced yet.

For more info or to make a deposit go on www.pdadrivingschool.com or call 973 253 3900, you can also email me at vanzuuk1@verizon.net., or call me 914 747 nine four four seven.

No word on wether car craft will cover the event, if only we knew someone who worked at a magazine...

Seen this yet?
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
jin1481

awesome thanks guys. autocross sounds cool too and i definetly want learn stuff before just tryin to tear it up at a track gran turismo style.
jin1481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #9
198esp1

Def Try autocross first very slim chance of wadding the car into a big mess.the m-club is having a test and tune 3/12 usally a big course 50 seconds or more. Cheak out autox4u.com complete schedule for autocross and open trak days for the east coast. If its your first time just go and have fun dont worry how slow you are.
198esp1 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge