Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #26
jims69camaro

my neighbor with the pace car convertible. smokey and the bandit. my dad's '79 race car. knight rider.

i never have liked fourth gens. i guess i just haven't been exposed to them too much, except on the internet. sure, i've seen them in person, but i have yet to see one that really strikes a chord like those others listed above.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #27
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

in middle school, my buddy curt (curt86iroc) was really into camaros, IROC's to be specific. I had never seen one, well, I probably had but just didnt know what it was. so he brought in a picture and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

skip forward to high school...

Curt bought an 86 IROC and got his license before me. Now here is where it gets interesting, he would pick up all my friends except me!!!! he would drive past my house to pick up my buddy matt and I would be standing at the bus stop thinking "f#*king *********!" so now I was hell bent on getting a camaro too, but mine had to be better than his. so my step dad and I were looking for a third gen. we chased a couple down, but they all sucked so I never bought them. I was about ready to give up, because my 17th birthday was coming up and I just wanted a car at this point. Well, one sunday I opened the paper to the car ads and under antiques and classics was a listing "1976 camaro: runs and drives, needs work. $550." It was in raritan, so the next day my dad and I went over there and looked at it. I put a down payment on it and picked it up on wednesday. I get it home and the restoration began! this thing was pretty nasty when I got it, but it had a 350, so I was off to a better start than Curt, so I was happy.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge