Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #51
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP99GT
a mild cam LT1 with intake/exhaust/chip running 11.5?
and a 300 shot of laughing gas.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 02-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #52
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

on a stock auto transmission.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #53
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

wow...11.5 on a hotcammed, bolt on auto LT1. The more I think about it I should just leave the LT1 for the Nova stock and run low 10s
Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #54
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

wait a second while i go sell my LS1 and buy a LT1 which according to you should be a second and a half faster.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #55
jims69camaro

here we go...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #56
Ian

IBTL?
Old 02-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #57
jims69camaro

you think? k, me too. btw, piitbuss.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 02-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #58
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 Trans Am WHAT
if i remember correctly it was 11.5 but i might be wrong. Ill go find the slips and repost with all the info
So the car was kicked out of the track then.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #59
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP99GT
a mild cam LT1 with intake/exhaust/chip running 11.5?
Maybe in my wet dreams?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 PM   #60
Ian

kinda back on topic. what type of suspension work is done to the car?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #61
93 Trans Am WHAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBodyGT87
yes they said it cuoldnt run without a roll cage, and some other saftey features
And btw it wasnt me who took it. I dont know what alex has been telling you. It was my friend joey.
And theres more to the car then i know of. I DID NOT BUILD THE ENGINE ITS NOT STOCK. If u would like i will go talk to the guy who built it...OR of u like why dont any of u go? His name is steve. He works rights now at some dealership on 35, A jeep dealership. ( how much nagging is that gunna get me) its right off the asburt circle. NO NO NO BETTER YET why dont i have him and the guy that took the car to enlishtown come to "the Trucks " and all of you can shove it up ur asses! why is it soooo hard to believe that a girl is able to have a car that will eat many of your cars ALIVE? Fine maybe its not a girl thing.But why is it so hard to believe? What is it because your cars didnt do this it is not possable?
once the car is rebuilt i will gladly take any of you for a run. Im not all talk, so dont give me that. Also the Engine is not being touched in this project. Unless there is something that needs to be replaced running wise.
thank you and have a nice day
many,many,many mods
450 rwtq,453 rwhp
1991 Chevy Camaro RS FOR SALE
Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #62
BigAls87Z28

Megan, you have to understand that people on this board have been building Fbodies for the majority of there life, or have been around it for most of there life. To make a big claim that you run 11's on a lightly moddified engine, stock trans, stock suspension, 10 bolt, and stock weight, you need to back it up with time slips like others have. There are people here that have done a LOT more work to thier cars and have not hit 11's yet. I have told you this before, and you did not want to hear me. We have gotten into numerious fights over it, and you still dont want to hear me.
These people know Fbodies, and they know what they can and cant do. Im sorry hun, but untill you post slips or at least show me slips, no one is gunna belive you.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:20 AM   #63
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
yes they said it cuoldnt run without a roll cage, and some other saftey features
And btw it wasnt me who took it. I dont know what alex has been telling you. It was my friend joey.
Please don't take any of the following as though I'm giving an attitude, because that's not how I mean it to be read, and by no means, am I trying to be an *******.
Alex hasn't been telling us anything. And yes, these guys on the board here are gonna be jerks, cuz we all like to ******** and whatnot, but the best way to shut them up is to show them the slips. bringing the guy who built the car to the trucks isn't going to prove anything to these guys. If you don't know what is done to the car because you can't look under the hood and figure it out yourself, the guys on the board here aren't going to give you any more credit. It's just that it's not likely that an Lt1 would be running 11's. Craig's got a n/a 3.8 with a 4/10 rear and he tears up lt1's at the track. My suggestion to you is that you figure out exactly what it's got, get a hold of the slips, and then you can shut the guys up. This board is here to share a common interest, not drive people away. But you gotta be able to back yourself up sometimes. Just lookin out for ya.

99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.

Last edited by PBodyGT87; 02-21-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:51 AM   #64
jims69camaro

Quote:
I dont know what alex has been telling you.
this is an enthusiast board. almost everyone here is here because of their love for the f-body. most of us know our way around a wrench.

coming in here, which is pretty much a tight-knit community, making what appear to be incredulous statements about what your car runs without proof to back it up is one way to end up on the defensive. regardless of what you'd like to think about al, he spends most of his time talking about cars. you can actually do a search and see every single post he's made since he started posting here.

ya see, this is not a relationship site, although the subject comes up occasionally. this is a car site. we mostly talk about cars here. if you are going to talk cars, be prepared to back up your statements or be prepared to get called on it. it doesn't matter who you are - male, female - we treat everyone the same.

i hope you stick around. you can definitely fill in any void in your knowledge about cars here and there are far too few women who are that interested in cars to begin with. most of them are too afraid to raise the hood for fear of breaking a nail. present company (and female members) excepted, of course.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 02-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #65
Ian

a lightly modded LT1 at stock weight, stock rear and stock suspension is NOT gonna run those times. I'd believe it if it were gutted, had a better rear and had some pretty serious suspension work...or if it's juiced or blown. And you're not even claiming an 11.99X, you're claiming 11.5. I'll believe it when I see the car run the number or see a video of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #66
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
a lightly modded LT1 at stock weight, stock rear and stock suspension is NOT gonna run those times. I'd believe it if it were gutted, had a better rear and had some pretty serious suspension work...or if it's juiced or blown. And you're not even claiming an 11.99X, you're claiming 11.5. I'll believe it when I see the car run the number or see a video of it.
or a slip.

Meg, none of us are saying your car isnt fast, and hell, it SOUNDS (sounded?) fantastic! 11s in a street car is a seriously tough number, and even if you didnt see the car do it, but the guy you bought it off of claimed it did, its really hearsay, i think i remember he's one of your best friends, but still, people always like to talk their cars up.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #67
84HOtransam
13 Second Club

Quote:
thats hot..

im impressed
Old 02-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

So...... it has a hemi?
Old 02-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #69
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84HOtransam
thats hot..

im impressed
your comment to my comment confuses me. because if it's hot that the car got kicked out of the track, you're calling it hot that the guy who drove the car is hot for getting it into the supposed 11s and getting kicked out of the raceway.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #70
Firebird67dude
14 Second Club

Damn. I posted a hi. and then a a lil while later theres all this drama. Damn. I missed a lot.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #71
turbo96z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88ta5spd
BTW - Bottles are for babies, real men get blown. that is all
- R.I.P. Buddy List 1/21/06 - 5/3/06...we knew you well.
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #1
- F the Plane! - Member #3

I979CamaroDiva: im in my own little zoon
I979CamaroDiva: zone even
lostsoul1006: lmao
I979CamaroDiva: wtf is a zoon
Old 02-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #72
93 Trans Am WHAT

fine
i just get very offended when im told im wrong, or that what i say is horse crap. I get it all the time at my job and elsewhere especially from a certian someone. fine I WILL get the slips. if i cant scan it i will post EVERYTHNG that is on it. so everything is all better. and Yes there are slips my claim is not hearsay. Joe ( the guy who ran it) called me immediately after the run and told me along with rushing over to my house with the slips. So i have seen them . but fine i wont make anymore claims untill i get em.
and the reason i cant tell you everything that was done is because no i dont know everything about cars. Im sorry. But id like to learn. Pardon me for being a little unknowing about things. Im not afraid of poping my hood and looking. I did it every day. Hey look at my nails. I dont have any
my comment about alex wasnt geard twards this board. I know he talks to some of you on the phone, thats what i ment. Ive heard him babble about my car. Thats where that came from. And ive heard others comments in reply. so fine u want me to prove myself I will. And im willing to put my title on the line. Now i know that sounds a little crazy but i know what this car can do. Ive seen it and ive felt it.

OH!!!!!! and i also found out that when the car went to the track it did have a supercharger. so my apologies. I stand corrrected. I will not be posting anything wlse about my car untill i find out everything. maybe that will help
many,many,many mods
450 rwtq,453 rwhp
1991 Chevy Camaro RS FOR SALE
Old 02-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #73
NP_00'T/A
12 Second Club

Quote:
your comment to my comment confuses me. because if it's hot that the car got kicked out of the track, you're calling it hot that the guy who drove the car is hot for getting it into the supposed 11s and getting kicked out of the raceway.
Think he was refering to you knowing that he would get kicked out of the track without a roll bar for going that fast hehe
Old 02-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #74
Ian

Quote:
OH!!!!!! and i also found out that when the car went to the track it did have a supercharger.

I'm done with this thread. nothing against you, I just dont like ******** about what a car runs, especially when its an outlandish claim and then...wham! oh it had a supercharger on it! and why would you put the title up for your car in a race? the way it sits, its un-raceable.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #75
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

There we go. A blower would make it night and day.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge