Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Koll
14 Second Club

So I guess I wont have to be following emissions soon...

Thats right... I will be legally driving around with no inspection sticker, no front plate and no emissions.

Registering the Trans Am in Florida.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:51 AM   #2
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

You have relatives down there?

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Tsar
MIR

**** i wanna do that too!
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
ShitOnWheels

Obviously not in your name then. Or are you changing your license as well? Can't go driving with a registration from one state and a license from another with the same name. So who will be the lucky owner of the vehicle?
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Tsar
MIR

only 20 bucks for a new florida lisence...
Old 02-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #6
Koll
14 Second Club

All vehicles are under dad's name anyways. We have a house down there.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:54 PM   #7
coldkilla

most insurance companies require that the vehicle spends at least 10-11months out of the year in the state that its registered in. of course if you get into an accident you could lie and say you just came up here for a visit, but then thats insurance fraud and if caught you are seriously screwed. besides, all it takes is a local cop to start recognizing you and then he'll know what your up to and then your done. imo not really worth it unless you plan on running around with a full blown race car.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Koll
14 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkilla
most insurance companies require that the vehicle spends at least 10-11months out of the year in the state that its registered in. of course if you get into an accident you could lie and say you just came up here for a visit, but then thats insurance fraud and if caught you are seriously screwed. besides, all it takes is a local cop to start recognizing you and then he'll know what your up to and then your done. imo not really worth it unless you plan on running around with a full blown race car.
I worked at the PD in my town...its safe here.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
i lived in florida for a while no one cared about my car being from jersey.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #10
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Im pretty sure its illegal in NJ to live in NJ and have out of state tags for more then 30 days. If someone catches on to it they'll get you. I see it all the time in my local paper.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #11
maroman88
12 Second Club

some guy i got in a fight with in my town had florida tags on all his cars, the cops like me and nicely mentioned to him that he better have that fixed real soon, sure enough hes got jersey tags now
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
Teds89IROC

you could prolly get around it somehow. My dad's malibu (car geico gave him) has NY plates, he's never been pulled over or bothered.

~Ted
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #13
Mike
BadMod

hmmm im registered and insured in nj, and the ta has and wont seen the inside of dmv...nor do my vehicles carry front lisence plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #14
coldkilla

the front license plate thing is a weird one. my 4th gen bird looks stupid with it on so i took it off. well i was fine for about 1 year, no one bothered me. then out of nowhere i got pulled over for it twice in one week and got one ticket for 40 bucks (fyi, its actually a ticket thats reported to your insurance company and can raise your premium since its a "moving violation. ask how i know). so i put one back on so i dont get messed with. Now my wife doesnt have one on her pt cruiser cuz it looks stupid as well, shes had hers off for about 2 years and has never ever been stopped for it. go figure. of course shes hot and has boobs and i dont!

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:09 AM   #15
Teds89IROC

Quote:
the front license plate thing is a weird one. my 4th gen bird looks stupid with it on so i took it off. well i was fine for about 1 year, no one bothered me. then out of nowhere i got pulled over for it twice in one week and got one ticket for 40 bucks (fyi, its actually a ticket thats reported to your insurance company and can raise your premium since its a "moving violation. ask how i know). so i put one back on so i dont get messed with.
I have the SAME story Got away with it for a while, then a cop in front of me on the highway saw it, got behind me and pulled me over when I got off the highway. $40 ticket and my insurance got jumped up. But instead of putting it back on the front, I put it in the windshield, looks better Haven't been bothered, but if I do I'll just tell them I need to buy a bracket for it. I was also told by an ex cop that it's perfectly legal to have it in your windshield, it just needs to be visible from the front

~Ted
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge