Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #26
88WS-6

Well the charge held and I was able to start the car right up today. I hooked the charger up to it to get an idea of how much it may have lost but it was still full. At this point I'm thinking I may need a new cable or two or terminal posts. I'll let it air for a few days and test it again.

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
- Henry F*rd
88WS-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #27
88WS-6

I let the car sit all week with the battery hooked up. She started right up first try (that 9th injector is $). The car felt very sluggish though. I'm afraid that the alternator is dead and I'm only running off the battery.

That multimeter I bought (and can't return) may be fixed today so ill try to use it on the alternator when I can.

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
- Henry F*rd
88WS-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #28
Noodles

^ depending on the car you'd know with relative ease if your alternator wasnt working. the battery starts the car but without an alternator its tough to keep it running. 2 hours tops. easy trial/error way to find out is see if your lights start dimming and if your battery plummets when you put on your A/C fan high. that'll kill a battery QUICK if the alternator isnt working.

i've been following your thread because i'm having similar electrical problems... its a nightmare.
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring