Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Toyota only automaker to see sales drop in Oct

http://www.freep.com/article/2010110...rop-in-October

Quote:
Toyota said today its sales of cars and trucks in the United States declined 4.4% in October, making the company the only major automaker so far to report a sales decline for the month.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

looks like people are finally putting the "brakes" on toyota!

eh?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
looks like people are finally putting the "brakes" on toyota!

eh?
:rimshot:
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
BigRocsFirebird

good..

1988 Mustang - supercharged, heads/cam etc...

2012 Mustang - 5.0 6spd / 437rwhp 420trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Verts are gay and stalkers ride in them.
BigRocsFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Ls1dreamin02

I can not stand Toyota/People Who Drive Toyota's/The name Toyota itself. They just make me angry. I always give those little hybrid sh*** a little taste of the LM1. Yeah i only get like 25mpg but mine sounds way better and i make 300 more hp than yours...thats all that counts right? haha
Ls1dreamin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1dreamin02 View Post
I can not stand Toyota/People Who Drive Toyota's/The name Toyota itself. They just make me angry. I always give those little hybrid sh*** a little taste of the LM1. Yeah i only get like 25mpg but mine sounds way better and i make 300 more hp than yours...thats all that counts right? haha
yeah i can't stand the people that talk **** cause their car burns less fuel.. they don't get the fact that i rather listen to my cammed v8 and see money signs flow out the back than drive a ugly egg shapped hybrid. i hear it all the time in school. mainly it's the girls that say "my car car is better it gets better gas mileage, yours sucks".

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
fmybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRocsFirebird View Post
yeah i can't stand the people that talk **** cause their car burns less fuel.. they don't get the fact that i rather listen to my cammed v8 and see money signs flow out the back than drive a ugly egg shapped hybrid. i hear it all the time in school. mainly it's the girls that say "my car car is better it gets better gas mileage, yours sucks".
its their only defense in not having a bad arse car!

i always get like "i bet that thing sucks on gas"

im like.. not as bad as you think actaully

Last edited by fmybody; 11-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.
fmybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmybody View Post
its their only defense in not having a bad arse car!

i always get like "i bet that thing sucks on gas"

im like.. not as bad as you think actaully
yeah haha i hear that sometimes. but i could care less cause i love driving. sometimes i drive just to drive i look at it as a hobby i guess. so if i spend a ton of money on gas i don't care. not to mention i've got a decent amount to spend on gas anyway.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

tell em you get better fun per gallon
Old 11-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
tell em you get better fun per gallon
haha yeah and its nice to have the power to get out of the way if needed.

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
fmybody

haha FPG (fun per gallon) is wayy higher than MPG

i happen to get 80+ FPG
fmybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Iroc-z86

a coworker of mine just purchased his 3rd camry.... and every time it snows and he is working he complains about driving in the snow. i get in my jeep and so a few donuts just to show off. his comeback is "i get 34 mpg" and i say "i can go where ever i want regardless of terrain/weather." and he shuts up lol not to mention the camaro. I like the FPG- mine is about 75FPG i need a 350 or ls..

2011 Camaro - 2lt/rs red jewel tincoat, m6 - SOLD

2014 Camaro SS - bolt ons

1998 Jimmy - the beater
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #13
Frosty

He drives a FWD Camry and complains about the snow? They do well in the snow. He sounds like a giant vagina lol
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 11-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
He drives a FWD Camry and complains about the snow? They do well in the snow. He sounds like a giant vagina lol
good post

Quote:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #15
Frosty

Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #16
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
good post
2nd that!
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #17
LS1Hawk

3rd! It's just another example of the prick option most people take when they purchase a Toyota.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #18
Blacdout96

Quote:
yeah i can't stand the people that talk **** cause their car burns less fuel.
Lets get one thing straight about these arrogant douches in hybrids, they do NOT burn less fuel, they are only stretching the mileage they are getting out of that tank, if they have 10 gallons in the car, it will burn that 10 gallons, it just takes longer. They are still unloading the amount of carbon dioxide that a standard car does, it just does it over a farther range, so in the end weither you drive a hybrid or non hybrid, you still end up at the same road, they just tend to take the scenic route....

The only true envirmentally friendly vehicle is an electric vehicle, or a sola powered vehicle, somethign that doesnt run on fossil fuels at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 11-04-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #19
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
The only true envirmentally friendly vehicle is an electric vehicle, or a sola powered vehicle, somethign that doesnt run on fossil fuels at all.
Even that's not completely true. Electric vehicles still need the power from another source, which is still typically derived from fossil fuels. Same goes for the hydrogen vehicles GM and other companies are testing....awesome idea but the amount of electricity and water used to make the fuel is crazy...so even that, in the end, is hurting the environment. Our very existence hurts the environment.

Solar cars are kinda cool though.

Last edited by Frosty; 11-04-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #20
Blacdout96

Well of course grease and lubricants will need to be produced, thats inevitable, but compare that to the amount of using fuel ( will say a car that averages 280-400mpg on a 18 gallon tank) times that by 100,000, then times it by 19, which is the lbs. that 1 gallon produces, and that gives you how much you produce, and thatss if you ONLY go 100,000, but seeing as today people get 200,000+ miles.

If America will get off their high horse, shell out the money and really grasp the usage of wind and solar power, and use that to charge your car, you really cant do the math in your head, but I can sure as hell tell you its alot less then an average car using fossil fuels

I was thinking of turning my 3000GT into an electric vehicle, and using my land to put up a couple windmills to chargee it over night with, but I really want to put an aluminum V8 in it cause it's sexy enough to have that sound.

to get back on topic though, being a former Toyota employee, the stereotype fits the owner of hybrid cars, oh god were they so smug when they came in, and they would ride us up and down to try and get them dirt cheap, as though we should pay THEM for getting one because they are saving the enviroment.....and yes, half of them would come in with a Starbucks coffee, it was really hard to not laugh when you'd see that.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 11-04-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #21
mc73nova

I own a Honda(long story) so, I cant really comment on the whole import's not selling idea! However, the fact that they say these cars are better for the environment is laughable. The auto body shop my father used to work for made him go to a mandatory class, otherwise he was unable to perform work on them, because he needed to be aware of the safety issues involved while working on them. I never remember having to work on my car with a full body suit because the fluids in my car would eat at my flesh! Those weren't the exact words but it is true, you have to work with certain protective clothing to insure your safety while working on one.

By the way, if you own a hybrid, you are defeating the purpose by throwing your cigarette but out the window of it!
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins

Last edited by mc73nova; 11-04-2010 at 08:26 AM.
mc73nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
BigRocsFirebird

Quote:
Lets get one thing straight about these arrogant douches in hybrids, they do NOT burn less fuel, they are only stretching the mileage they are getting out of that tank, if they have 10 gallons in the car, it will burn that 10 gallons, it just takes longer. They are still unloading the amount of carbon dioxide that a standard car does, it just does it over a farther range, so in the end weither you drive a hybrid or non hybrid, you still end up at the same road, they just tend to take the scenic route....

I see what your saying but my mustang gets around 8mpg and they get 50 if I drive from my house to wildwood with them right behind me.. same distance, but I'm burning a lot more fuel.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2010, 09:33 AM   #23
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:

You're logic is flawed. To do a comparison you have to review fuel used for a given amount of miles. You cannot say car A uses 10 gallons in 100 miles and car B uses 10 gallons in 300 miles, so since they both uses 10 gallons they use the same amount fuel. They did, but car A would have to use 3 times more fuel to go the same mileage. That is why you compare miles per gallon instead of miles per tank. Tanks are different sizes and you could simply put a bigger tank in to bump up the mileage per tank rating. You can’t redefine a mile, it is the common denominator. Now if your argument is their cheaper driving cars influences them to drive 3 times as much, there may be something to that. But now you are moving from a technological discussion to a psychological discussion. Of course we learned that $4+ per gallon sqashes that demand, but you'd need taxes to do that. Let's see the politician ready to lose his job seriously suggest that one.

Electricity is not environmentally hazard free. It can only be produced in enough quantity and consistency with oil, gas, coal and nuclear, none of which are free rides to the environment. Wind & solar are nice but they are inconsistent in production levels and output potential. It gets dark, the wind does not always blow and they actually shut down if the wind is too strong. They are very nice additions to the grid, but not replacement alternatives, not by a long shot.

Then there is battery production and waste management. Lots of nasty stuff in batteries. Who here recycles all their batteries or mercury laden fluorescent lights? And to move everything to electrical, the grid needs to be vastly updated. You are talking major infrastructure changes, which includes economic and environmental impact as well. I read an article on how CA power companies are trying to figure out how to deal with electric cars. IIRC with today’s infrastructure, their current systems could not handle it if 10% of CA drivers changed to electric cars (I actually think the # was less than 10, but I forget now).

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #24
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Lets get one thing straight about these arrogant douches in hybrids, they do NOT burn less fuel, they are only stretching the mileage they are getting out of that tank, if they have 10 gallons in the car, it will burn that 10 gallons, it just takes longer. They are still unloading the amount of carbon dioxide that a standard car does, it just does it over a farther range, so in the end weither you drive a hybrid or non hybrid, you still end up at the same road
they use less fuel which creates less by-product (emissions)

if a hybrid uses 10 gallons and emits 2 lbs of by-product, a non-hybrid will use 10 gallons and emit 5 lbs of by-product. its emitting more no matter how you look at it. simple emissions testing has proven this time and time again.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 11-04-2010 at 09:46 AM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #25
Blacdout96

I guess peopel are just buzzing through my post, not reading it carefully, like I said they are stretching the mileage that they use that fuel. I understand that if car A can do 15 mpg and car B can do 50mpg who will fill up less between a given distance....but what Im saying is no matter how you look at it, when you burn a gallon of gas, you emitt 19lbs. of Co2, there's no gettign around that, that is a fact. and Oil isnt a source that renews itself, once it's gone it's gone.

This isnt ****ing college, I'm not giving an exam and you have to decipher it, I'm just making an example, holy ****ing ****, just take the example and stop picking it apart, admin or not your being a ****ing douche about it.

I do understand your argument about the wind and inconsistent production, but remember, electricity is still in it's infancy as far as technology, production, and longevity goes, but if we make no strides today to advance it tomorrow, then there will come a time when crisis strikes and we will be standing there shrugging our shoulders realizing the **** hit the fan. Just look what has occured in the last 10-15 years. When the EV came out, it didnt have Li batteries, if that technology was available back then, it certainly would of started an advancement on mass production of EV's ( albait it wouldnt of halted America's thirst for overly sized, gas guzzling **** boxes), hell 15 years later and were FINALLY starting to see production, not in mass quantity for the average joe, but it's better then nothing. Electric is the way, it will take time, and as time continues, it will be more refined, and more consistant, just like the gas motor, it took a century to make it refined. In 1908, Mercedes ( Not Mercdes Benz, at that time, Benz was their own company) produced a 12.78 litre 4 cylinder producing a whopping 140 hp! Today there's 1.5 litre cars producing the same thing, and I'm sure, are getting better gas mileage. Only now in the past 30 years have we realized how expensive, and how enviromentally hazardous dealing with fossil fuels ( I'm sure batteries arent exactly safe as well) But give it time, when new technology, procedures, and better compounds and materials used, and it will kill the gas engine. As sadden as I am because that also means taht my love for vintage cars will also be gone, sometimes we have to give up what we hold most dear to become better off in the long run.

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge