Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
emolineaux

new problem with the 94

ok well after i get done the head gasket job on my sisters 94 3.4 camaro it now has started a new problem. engine runs nice and smooth at idle and if its in park or neutral it will rev up perfect no breaking up or anything. but when you drive it for a little while it starts to shake. feels as if the torque convertor is on its way out. maybe even kicking the lock out in and out. anyway to tell if it is the convertor? when i put it from neutral to gear it starts to idle a little rough also.
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
91chevywt

Glad to see you've got it running again, sucks to have problems right after you get it running good. I'm not too sure about the TC...if the TCC clutch was failing I'd imagine you would smell it burning somewhat. The best thing to do is check out the simple things...double check everything that was apart. Spark plug wires, dist cap, maybe even egr valve. If everything was looking good it might be good to do a compression test to make sure the rings are ok, and try to rule out engine condition problems
Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
emolineaux

Yea I checked everything it all seems good. To me it feels like its locking up to early causing it to shutter
emolineaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
91chevywt

You could try disonnecting the TCC connector on the side of the trans...then it won't engage. I forget what the connector looks like but there should only be two...one for TCC and one for VSS

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech