Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 04-13-2005, 06:34 AM   #1
Batman
11 Second Club

Trans-Am Update

Well if anyone has been following along I decided to trash the 1.8 rockers on my car and go back to stock. The 1.8's made awesome power but were a real headache to adjust so I just decided it wasn't worth it. Will be looking into some roller tipped 1.7 shaft mounts eventually. So I swapped back on the stockers tourqued it all down and re-assembled the top of the engine and started it up. Idled like a champ and as I sat there I watched the oil pressure slooooooooooowly go to 0. Hmmmm, not good. So that is where we sit now. Had it towed back to the shop yesterday so i can work on it. Hoping it is something easy but I think either the brand new pump is bad (not likely, it was hand built by one of the best) the sender is bad for the gauge or somehow the oil pump O-ring pushed out. I'm hoping for the sender personally, but we'll see.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
Koll
14 Second Club

Find out if its the gauge first.
Pop off the valve cover. If your spitting oil, pump works.
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #3
Batman
11 Second Club

it is getting some oil, I already know that. There has to be a leak somewhere or the gauge is bad. Been talking to Mike at Rapidmotorsports and he said it is probably the O-ring, apparently it is a common problem. We'll see. I'm going to go through step by step and make sure it is lal good.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning