Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 05-23-2005, 09:27 PM   #1
LT!freak94

prob with back left

dunno but when i hit a bump hard enough it will bottom out but no were els on the car will do it just the back side it happend a while back i hit a bump preety hard and now my car has been sitting to that back side a little more then it should any help would be great thanx in advanced
Old 05-23-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Happened to my left front a few months ago and turned out to be a snapped strut shaft. You could have a broken rear shock. Or maybe you tweaked the sway bar?
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:42 PM   #3
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

better check the shocks. just try pushing down on that corner and seeing if it bounces a lot or not at all. try doing the same to all 4 corners so you can tell if that one is messed up or not. Or you could look for the shock to be leaking shock oil.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 AM   #4
Maximus

Funny you say this, When I first purchased my TTII's, the rear passenger side well was cathing on the outside of the tire when I hit a bump. Frustated after spending ALOT of $$$$ on rims and tires, I shelled out more cash to get new shocks, struts, hell....LCA's Panhard rod, uknoe the necessities Â*Anywho, after spending all that money on suspension products, wouldn't you know the problem w/ my car was the friggin "bump stops" A $55. part Â*I went under the car to look at them, and as soon as I touched them they dropped to the floor! They were soooo rotted out....nasty! Bump stops prevent the rear from going too far into the body, just in case you weren't sure of what I was talking about! Hope this helps
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #5
LT!freak94

i dunno i hope it aint nothing major cuz i like ran out of money lol but i gotta look into it thanx for the info
Old 05-25-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
better check the shocks. just try pushing down on that corner and seeing if it bounces a lot or not at all. try doing the same to all 4 corners so you can tell if that one is messed up or not. Or you could look for the shock to be leaking shock oil.
4th gens, or mine at least, has gas shocks... not sure if that still applies

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:34 AM   #7
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus
Funny you say this, When I first purchased my TTII's, the rear passenger side well was cathing on the outside of the tire when I hit a bump. Frustated after spending ALOT of $$$$ on rims and tires, I shelled out more cash to get new shocks, struts, hell....LCA's Panhard rod, uknoe the necessities Â*Anywho, after spending all that money on suspension products, wouldn't you know the problem w/ my car was the friggin "bump stops" A $55. part Â*I went under the car to look at them, and as soon as I touched them they dropped to the floor! They were soooo rotted out....nasty! Bump stops prevent the rear from going too far into the body, just in case you weren't sure of what I was talking about! Hope this helps
Where are they located/what do they look like? I may have a problem with those (its something in my wheelwell suspension, maybe they are a part of the problem)

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #8
Maximus

Lift the rear of your car. NOTEThis part "should" be attached to the car, not the rear!) Somewhere between the brakes and the differential on the underside of your car should apear to be some sort of 3"X5" piece of rubberish material! That's it! They make em much better now, the new ones I got were made of some type of "Polyurethane"! I tried my best to describe what it looks like on my 3rdgen. Hope it helps ya!
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #9
LT!freak94

ya i checked all that i pussed on the car seemed fine jacked it up bump stop their everything seems fine i am gonna take to a shop and have them look at it but i gotta get another job lol i got fired yesterday
Old 05-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
camaro2you

that sucks
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
LT!freak94

ok well i just broke a tranny mount today would that have to do with anything like the mount was bad to begin with i think so i dont know

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech