Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
TaKid455

Audiophile input requested

Need some input for someone(s) that know the ins and outs of quaility components.

Currently I am torn between CDT, Memphis Bell & kappa Perfect components.

Looking for clarity vs 'Boom'

I know my setup is not favorable but if I am going to spend teh coin, I want it to be good.

car is a 78 T/A
I have provisions at this time for two (2) 4" units in the dash and two(2) 6x9 units in the rear and will have a 10" sub.

I dont mind an old/used amp as long as it is good. I know some 'older ' models can be better than new ones. speakers I;d get new since they are not too much.

who can help/ suggest components?
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

I don't think it will be the components limiting your sound quality as opposed to the sizing and location of the speakers. Would you consider, perhaps, a kick panel to house some 6.5"s?
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
TaKid455

Would not mid that, but I would loose my parking brake and portions of my ventilation system. Its a toughy.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

If you are willing to spend the coin on top dollar stuff, you obviously have high expectations. Those small 4" drivers mounted will not really hit the mids properly for the front stage. Not to mention, they will be in a crummy spot. The rears wouldn't be a problem really.

I would decide first whether you are ready to make the plunge for kick panels and proper tweeter mounting before deciding which speaker to get. The setup, in my opinion, will be more important than the marginal difference between high end speakers.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #5
TaKid455

Thanks for the input. I agree with your thoughts and have been tossing speaker placement around.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Paul Huryk

I will point you towards DLS electronics also, have their amp, subs, and 6.5" front speakers in my TL and it is audiophile clear and tight on the bass.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment