Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Slow-V6

Eagles game

I am surprised that no one has posted about this yet. What is the NFL doing to the game? What I am talking about is The Hit on Austin Colley and the Penalty on Trent Cole. How was that not a catch and how is that a intentional helmet to helmet hit when the guy was leading with his shoulders and the reciever was hit into his helmet? Saying the reciever was helpless when he brassed himself for the hit and saying he did not have control of the ball when he caught the ball and took 3 steps before he got hit.. Trent Cole graised the Helmet of Manning and he was hit with a Roughing the passer penalty.. I hope the NFL does something about this. I can understand a direct helmet to helmet hit but come on.

On other news How about them Cowboys!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Frosty

Jeff, I was going to post something about this last night but decided not to. I think I'm done watching the NFL. Between the ridiculous commercial breaks and now all of this it's just not entertaining. The hit on Colley, while nasty, was completely legal. It's bad when even the NBC guys, who hate the Eagles, defended them. Colley knew it was coming, had both feet down and then some, braced himself and got popped.

The call on Cole was flat out comical. This is football! Time to concentrate on hockey where hitting is allowed and the league doesn't treat their players like 5yr old school girls.

...AND HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS

In before Al calls them a top tier team again
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
1QWIKBIRD
11 Second Club

I think Vaughn Hebron got it right in the Post-Game shown on Comcast....POWDER PUFF FOOTBALL.

I agree with Frosty, the Colley hit was hard, completely clean and the Trent Cole call on the fly swatting of Manningi's helmet on the way to get the ball, which he did get to and cause the fumble, please. That's a complete joke and was a potential game changing kind of call.

How about you start fining the refs when they blow a call? Or sit them for a game with no pay (effectively the same thing).

What a joke.

1999 Formula 6spd (The driver)
1997 2500 Ext. Cab Dodge 4x4 CTD 5spd (The Earth Mover)
1970 Nova 5spd (The toy)
1QWIKBIRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

They've had the hands to the quarterback head rule for a few years and it's a bit ridiculous when you consider defenders raise their hands to block a pass. But if they're going to call it, they should have called it 2 plays earlier when another defender hit Manning in the head. I said that to my brother when it happened and he didn't believe me. 2 plays later they call it on a critical play in the game. I think the other call was explained as a defenseless receiver because he was already engaged with a defender. It was tough hit, but once again that defender went at him head first and that's what the NFL needs to get rid of. It appears that over the years that defenders forgot how to tackle and now just resort to the spearing dive at the runner tackle. Too many players are getting hurt to allow that to continue. But that game was ugly with too many lame penalties called on both sides.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
They've had the hands to the quarterback head rule for a few years and it's a bit ridiculous when you consider defenders raise their hands to block a pass. But if they're going to call it, they should have called it 2 plays earlier when another defender hit Manning in the head. I said that to my brother when it happened and he didn't believe me. 2 plays later they call it on a critical play in the game. I think the other call was explained as a defenseless receiver because he was already engaged with a defender. It was tough hit, but once again that defender went at him head first and that's what the NFL needs to get rid of. It appears that over the years that defenders forgot how to tackle and now just resort to the spearing dive at the runner tackle. Too many players are getting hurt to allow that to continue. But that game was ugly with too many lame penalties called on both sides.
A defensless reciever who did not have control of the ball!! Thats the way I heard the call. Thats why it was an incomplete pass. If they would have let the fumble play out and then take the 15 yards at the end of the return then I would not have been so heated over the call. But to say that he did not have control of the pass is just insulting to the players, the fans and the comentaries.. When you can see that Colley had control of the ball and made 3 steps then braced himself for the hit.. Earlier in the game Brent celek got lit up over the middle of the field by a colts defender and the ball was thrown behind him. He did not have a chance to catch the ball and he got laid out and was slow to get up! That was a defenseless reciever..

There also was a play were Vick got taken down for a sack and another colt defender came in late and landed on Vicks helmet. There was also another play were Vick got knocked down by a colts defender 2-3 yards out of bounds.. Nothing was called at all!!
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110

Last edited by Slow-V6; 11-08-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
JL8Jeff

Yeah, I don't know how they say he didn't have control of the ball, he definitely caught it and took several steps. It seems like they want to change the way they interpret the rules every week! They need to clarify this stuff so the refs can be more consistant. Just look at how bad the baseball playoffs were this year.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
There was also another play were Vick got knocked down by a colts defender 2-3 yards out of bounds.. Nothing was called at all!!
Yet, ironically, the very play before that the Colts were flagged for a hit on Vick that wasn't even a penalty...it's just ridiculous. How are the defensive players supposed to play when they have to second guess themselves every snap of the ball.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

That call was ridiculous, but just about every game I watched yesterday had the officials making bad calls. I think it's time for the NFL to call of the officials in and have a meeting with them instead of calling in players for making hard hits.

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
NJ346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yet, ironically, the very play before that the Colts were flagged for a hit on Vick that wasn't even a penalty...it's just ridiculous. How are the defensive players supposed to play when they have to second guess themselves every snap of the ball.

the hands to the manning helmet was just a makeup call for the illegal hands to the face on dallas clark the play before. go back and watch, thats all it was. the hands to mannings helmet wasnt even the defenders fault because he was swatting for the ball and manning stepped up. the collie hit was devastating, scary, but once again the same as the DJAX hit a few weeks before...it was clean.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I am with you on the NFL as well. I am right on the edge were its not really interesting me anymore. You take away the big hits and your left with what? We were not allowed to play tackle football in the Navy in case were got injured now it looks like you wont be able to play tackle football in the NFL for the same reason. The players past and present say that everyone knows the risk and are fine with the risk. If thats the case then why is the NFL doing this ****?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
the hands to the manning helmet was just a makeup call for the illegal hands to the face on dallas clark the play before. go back and watch, thats all it was. the hands to mannings helmet wasnt even the defenders fault because he was swatting for the ball and manning stepped up. the collie hit was devastating, scary, but once again the same as the DJAX hit a few weeks before...it was clean.
Um I dont even think Dallas Clark played in the game? And Trent Cole was also being held on the play!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
Um I dont even think Dallas Clark played in the game? And Trent Cole was also being held on the play!!

well someone that looks like him then lol
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #13
BigAls87Z28

I put on the Cowboys vs Steelers Super Bowl XXX....
They just looked like dog ****...complete and total dog ****.

The calls are getting out of hand. The refs are moving too fast to the side of saftey. This will go away in years to come. Something we just have to live with for teh time being.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:24 AM   #14
JL8Jeff

After watching the game last night, I was making the point to my brother about defenders not know how to tackle anymore and they all just dive headfirst at the player with the ball. It happened on 70-80% of the plays. Guys were diving at runners knees and lower! You can't say the helmet to helmet is accidental when every defender on the field is going at the runner head first. They aren't tackling as much as knocking the runner off his feet. I had never realised the game had gotten this bad until you watch it from that perspective. The injuries are getting worse and more common so they do need to change something. But the refs calling things differently is the real problem.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge