Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

So you are proving that what you did was illegal?

I am confused.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #27
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
So you are proving that what you did was illegal?

I am confused.
No that came up b/c someone said it is illegal to have anything on your windshield which technically means ez-pass and other non-transparent objects.

What Im saying is there was no radar visible for the officer to see and say is obstructing my view. I just checked and there is NO way he saw from behind. You can't see through my back tint and the side mirrors reflect at the side of the car, therefore he couldn't see me remove it. From the front you cant see much of anything unless you are within 10 feet or less.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
NastyEllEssWon

you think he didnt see you motion to rip it out of your window...but he did...the same way they can give you a seatbelt ticket if they see you put it on when they pull you over. pay the man. move along. lock this thread up.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #29
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
you think he didnt see you motion to rip it out of your window...but he did...the same way they can give you a seatbelt ticket if they see you put it on when they pull you over. pay the man. move along. lock this thread up.
Obviously its either $54 or get lucky and have it dropped and pay court fees plus gas/time. Whether he saw me or not, I will never know.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #30
NastyEllEssWon

if he wanted to be a real ball buster he couldve done what the washington twp cop did to me a year or two back. walk around the car and give you a ticket for every little thing he could find. ended up with 5 tickets, 4 points and almost 600 bucks worth of fines. consider yourself lucky.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #31
LTb1ow

Quote:
if he wanted to be a real ball buster he couldve done what the washington twp cop did to me a year or two back. walk around the car and give you a ticket for every little thing he could find. ended up with 5 tickets, 4 points and almost 600 bucks worth of fines. consider yourself lucky.
Obviously cause you are a hippy, and the police hate hippies.

Science.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
NastyEllEssWon

i thought it was because im black
Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #33
LTb1ow

Well that too, odds are he prob singled you out and neglected to give tickets to other more violent offenses, JUST to ruin your sunny day.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #34
NastyEllEssWon

yeah i didnt break the law at all. my front license plate cover was just over my original license plate. my tires werent bald, just well worn. i just got the car so obviously i didnt know i needed inspection and my exhaust wasnt just loud, i was goind through a tunnel. thats it
Old 03-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #35
LTb1ow

Its the system man, they just wanna make a ton of money to pay for their privileged lives of over indulgence they live.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #36
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
i thought it was because im black
No. He recognized you as the Tootsie Troll and acted accordingly. LOL.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #37
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
No. He recognized you as the Tootsie Troll and acted accordingly. LOL.
he should have beaten your lilly white ass. twice.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #38
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
he should have beaten your lilly white ass. twice.

this was washington twp. its the hamilton cops that kick my ass when i get pulled over....and im not even joking about that.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM   #39
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

As stated, you can get a ticket without any officer interaction. Usually the officer asks in case you have a legit reason worth breaking the law or to find probable cause for other violations/crimes.

Put the radar in the headliner or on a visor.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 03-15-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #40
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

i would just pay the fine.

dont bother going to court. . . . going to waste hours of your time and still might have to pay close to 50$ in court fees.

I did that once saved 6$ from the ticket by paying the court fee but wasted close to 3 hours at the court house.

Im sure he didnt jsut assume or make up that you had a radar detector, he must have seen it somehow someway. I have been pulled over alot and never have been accused of something that wasnt true.

Last edited by MyFirstZ; 03-15-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #41
greenformula92

i purposely hang stuff in my windshield so when the cops sees that i have a CDL and a squeeky clean record he has an easy out for a non moving violation

2018 Silverado 1500
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #42
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

That's actually sounds like a good idea to me ^^^
Old 03-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #43
79T/A

Quote:
What Im saying is there was no radar visible for the officer to see and say is obstructing my view. I just checked and there is NO way he saw from behind. You can't see through my back tint and the side mirrors reflect at the side of the car, therefore he couldn't see me remove it. From the front you cant see much of anything unless you are within 10 feet or less.
How do you know they didn't spot your radar detector and lack of front plate BEFORE they "roared up behind you?" Could've been facing oncoming traffic, seen your approach before your valiant attempt to remove the radar detector before being pulled over. Chances are, the Trooper decided to give the ticket based on seeing the radar detector first and knowing that it had been there, didn't appreciate your ruse, sir.

Quote:
Obviously cause you are a hippy, and the police hate hippies.

Science.
^ Favorite post EVER.

Quote:
Its the system man, they just wanna make a ton of money to pay for their privileged lives of over indulgence they live.
^ SECOND favorite post EVER.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #44
Scrat's_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97camaro View Post
He didn't really do me a favor. He wrote me up for the plate with a warning then put a fine on top. This would be my first time being pulled over too.
he did do you a favor cause he could have given you fines for both instead of just the one. Also if you ever get pulled over again, dont make any quick movements in your car cause all its gonna do is raise any suspicion the cop may have and he will think your hiding stuff or worse reaching for a weapon. Also with the radar, he may have seen it when he was along side of you before he decided to pull you over

Last edited by Scrat's_Camaro; 03-16-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #45
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
NJSP came speeding up on my left and slowed down just ahead of me. I knew he was going to pull me over, I forgot to put my license plate up by accident (show-n-go).

forgot to quote this. when he was next to you, he couldve seen the radar detector in the windshield
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #46
BurninrubberGT

Quote:
NJSP is scum to me as is the state of NJ. Obviously they are dieing for money. There are far more important things to control like actual speeders. I KNOW he profiled me out based on young driver, black Z28 camaro, and girl friend in passenger seat. No question.

Is there anything I can do? Or am I screwed with the $54 fine ...

I asked the cop how much the ticket was and he said $45 ? Maybe he is dyslexic?
he gave you the ticket, because he saw it in the window when he passed you.
I love when people call the NJSP scum, lets see how well you would do without them.

the cop gave you a break, get over it. You dont like the law blame our legislature, not the NJSP WHOSE JOB is to enforce the laws

Last edited by BurninrubberGT; 03-16-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #47
BrandonDrecksage

profiling you? i drove a black 01 ss for 3 years up and down 80 6 days a week and got pulled over once for a 81 in a 50. this was when i was 19 to 22...drop the attitude next time you get pulled over and dont do **** like remove you radar detector after you see him get behind you. he probably thought that you thought he was stupid.

Previous
1999,, 2001, 2002 Chevy camaro ss, 1998 camaro z28, 2013 camaro 1le twin turbo all m6
Old 03-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #48
BullittSVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat's_Camaro View Post
he did do you a favor cause he could have given you fines for both instead of just the one. Also if you ever get pulled over again, dont make any quick movements in your car cause all its gonna do is raise any suspicion the cop may have and he will think your hiding stuff or worse reaching for a weapon. Also with the radar, he may have seen it when he was along side of you before he decided to pull you over
Damn true, I got pulled over and I was getting stuff out of my console like my phone, and had my license and registration in the glove box. Cop came up to me and asked why I was moving around. He went back to my car, friend in the passenger seat had a panic attack.. didn't help.

Got the car searched, I was searched.. and back up called in. Ah... fun stuff.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9

1998 Camaro, 3.8L M5 Stock - SOLD
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 SLP LM1, Lid
- FOR SALE

Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #49
madness410

Quote:
And yeah I don't think highly of hypocrites. I have seen more than my share of cops speed (like this guy), run red lights, illegal u-turns etc. They are not above the law or exempt.
how do you know in those situations they werent on a way to a call

Quote:
Obviously its either $54 or get lucky and have it dropped and pay court fees plus gas/time. Whether he saw me or not, I will never know.
if you go to court the judge is going to ask...well was there anything obstructing your view in your windshield? the second you say yes the argument is over and you wasted more time and money in court fees had you just paid the ticket.

i personally know a cheif in the town over and he said if he wanted to he can hand tickets out for everyone that has one of those tree air fresheners hanging from their rear view mirror. the law is the law man...they do their jobs and enforce them.

the trooper gave you a break giving you a ticket for obstructing view and not front plate..he saved you 10 bucks...and you are planning to fight it? from the cops i know they dont like to give many breaks anymore because of people like you. i hate to sound direct or arrogant but its the truth. the second they give you a break is the second you think you have a one up on them and somehow you secretly won, when honestly it could have been worse, in this case 10 dollars worse. out of curiosity how old are you
Old 03-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
greenformula92

look at it this way, anything that costs less than $100 and is not a moving violation its a break

2018 Silverado 1500
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge