Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
RiggsLW81

Vintage Toy/Video Game/Comic/Cards Appraisal

I am looking for a legitimate professional vintage toy, video game, comic book, and comic cards, as well as sport cards appraiser.

I have a huge amount of these items from the 70s through today, and am looking to sell my personal collection, but first need to get an idea of its value.

If anyone has any leads on people or stores which deal with this. Please let me know. I would prefer north jersey, but willing to travel if they are worth it.

Items include action figures( brand new in box/unopened and used)...cartoons, wrestling, horror etc. card collection (mostly comic cards but some sports), comics (all types), Video games, and systems, with accessories including Atari 2600, 7800, Nintendo NES, and Sega Genasis. Also have a collection of vintage handheld Nintendo "Game & Watch" games from early 1980s.

Thanks in advance.

Another trip inside the acid bath..no salvation and the grave is coming fast..
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:35 AM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Best bet is to talk to an auction house. They always have networks of exp[erts to help them value and market stuff. Look for a nicer one that does big sales, the places that do weekly stuff will just pressure you to sell it there and take a $1 bid for everything.

If the collection is sorted and somewhat mobile specialty stores are the other option. Places that specialize in vintage toys or games or whatever will usually do an appraisal.

When talking to them have a pad and pen handy and ask them to give you a reasonable range. Bottom being fair private value, top being what they would retail it for.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
6spdg37s

I went thru a similar scenario trying to get some sports memorabilia appraised and I agree your best bet is an auction house.
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge