Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #26
HeadlessNorseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
Not trying to belittle anything about your story as I'm sure they didn't know this, but the best wipers I've found so far are the $6 Anco 31s from Walmart. Last longer, and wipe better than even Bosch Icons. And being so cheap, I don't care to use them to try and wipe ice off my windshield, like yesterday, since they can be replaced for cheap. Win-win!
100% agreed

JSFBOA

Draino?
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #27
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

if that guy was really interested in saving money, he couldve called around first.

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day

Last edited by 98tadriver; 02-02-2011 at 01:48 PM.
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #28
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by spina74 View Post
being an EX pepboys service technician, I realized how cheap some people can be. Example many people ask the parts counter what size wiper blades they need, then after that they buy the cheapest ones possible which usually don't have those odd style conversion parts for it.
We only sell whole blade assemblies since designs depending on the blade company aren't the same, and when people have two different companies on theere since last time they only bought one blade assembly, it can get all screwed up, real quick. Well I love the old people who walk in, looking for refills, and when we tell them unfortunately we don't, man they get mad and walk right back out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
It sucks when the wipers blades don't break but something else does.

Do you pay top dollar for everything you buy? Shoes/clothes/gas/food/tv/furniture/etc? I sure as hell don't.

Do you ever look for a deal?
Depends on the deal. If I have to pay 3 dollars more for a much better product, then I won't be a cheap douche and barter with the guy to shave a few bucks off.
There's a reason why it takes forever for me to do a project on the car, like the C5 brake upgrade, I have one final thing to get and I can install, which is Stop Tech SS brake lines. My 3.8 block that I've been developing has all top of the line parts, and really is overkill for it as far as durability goes, but I don't cut corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post
Well, I mean... he diiid buy a V6 car... cheaper than a V8 car!
That car I'm sure has saved me recieveing some tickets, and every car I've owned excluding my 79 Camaro is a V6. And dude, you were doing so well being an anti-troll, but you couldn't hold it together

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 02-03-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #29
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Body World View Post
Some of those people have money one day and are broke the next.
Yup. Could be the situation. He may have bought the truck when he was employed and making a lot of money and is just getting by now.

But to the original point, you don't drive a car/truck like that expecting it to be cheap to run or maintain. I tend to notice this most in tire purchasing. Nothing like seeing a $60,000 car with Guardsman tires on it.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #30
91chevywt

It amazes me, how people can really screw up their priorities. Gotta own that SRT10! but bitch about a $4 price difference between parts stores. If you can't afford to fix it, you can't afford to own it.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #31
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevywt View Post
It amazes me, how people can really screw up their priorities. Gotta own that SRT10! but bitch about a $4 price difference between parts stores. If you can't afford to fix it, you can't afford to own it.
Exactly, and like I said, it's one thing if we sold Dayco's as our flagship belt and we were $4 more, but we sell gates, it's a whole different ballpark, i was actually suprised we price matched that since their qualities are on different levels.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #32
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
Exactly, and like I said, it's one thing if we sold Dayco's as our flagship belt and we were $4 more, but we sell gates, it's a whole different ballpark, i was actually suprised we price matched that since their qualities are on different levels.
And that attitude is why I don't shop at NAPA.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
Blacdout96

Quote:
And that attitude is why I don't shop at NAPA.
WHAT!!!!?? oh NOOOOOOZZZZZZZ, what are we to do now? we lost a sale that has never been to our store. I guess i'll have to cross my fingers and hope we make it through the week and not close up shop

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 02-03-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #34
LTb1ow

No need to get all worked up, I am merely commenting that IMO, some NAPA employees have a holier than thou attitude. At least at the ones local to me, and that is why I do not make much of an effort to shop there.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #35
WildBillyT

Quote:
No need to get all worked up, I am merely commenting that IMO, some NAPA employees have a holier than thou attitude. At least at the ones local to me, and that is why I do not make much of an effort to shop there.
The ones in Flemington used to be real ********. As in drag them over the counter and beat some social skills into them. Now it's a pretty fresh crew over there and things are good. I think wretched's friends work there. I'll buy oil and wax from AZ but anything serious like a water pump, wheel bearings or blower motor and it's NAPA all the way.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #36
Blacdout96

I've become this way because of the people in this area. I used to be the nicest guy here, but I don't know what it is about ocean county, but god everybody acts as though the world owes them, and that their **** don't stink, and it just grows on ya. Only peopel who are worse are North Jersey people ,and New Yorkers/ people with boats ( sorry jeff, i know you own a boat around here, but your to laxed to be in this catagory lol). And if they aren't holier then thou themselve, they are ****ing retarded, and I mean that in the nicest way possible lol, so my patience has been worn down to nothing. When I worked in Atlantic City, compared to here, people are nice in A.C.!!!

I want to get out of this field again because this enviroment is not healthy for me at all, and the pay doesn't add up to the ******** we put up with.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 02-03-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #37
LTb1ow

You think you have it bad, think of the level of stupid that goes to a advance auto parts store....

Sometimes smashing my head into the computer screen is better off than explaining why the person's car is doing something it shouldn't for the millionths time.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #38
NastyEllEssWon

judging from the posts here it sounds as if you are acting like you are better than a guy for his need/want to save 4 dollars on a belt. gates...dayco...goodyear...honestly a belts a belt, ive bought plenty of daycos and never had one go bad on me yet.

how do you know it was his truck? how do you know he wasnt working on the truck and trying to save a few bucks on the parts so he can make a few extra bucks? how do you know he doesnt have 3 kids at home and that 4 bucks would buy a box of cheerios which would feed his kids breakfast for a week? you dont, but youre quick to judge him.

but its ok...between you and your car something has to be quick right

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 02-03-2011 at 04:40 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #39
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
judging from the posts here it sounds as if you are acting like you are better than a guy for his need/want to save 4 dollars on a belt. gates...dayco...goodyear...honestly a belts a belt, ive bought plenty of daycos and never had one go bad on me yet.

how do you know it was his truck? how do you know he wasnt working on the truck and trying to save a few bucks on the parts so he can make a few extra bucks? how do you know he doesnt have 3 kids at home and that 4 bucks would buy a box of cheerios which would feed his kids breakfast for a week? you dont, but youre quick to judge him.

but its ok...between you and your car something has to be quick right

The nastiest of trolls wins again!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #40
91chevywt

If the guy has hungry mouths at home, it's time to sell the SRT10 and buy an economy car, no? Call me old fashioned, but I think it comes to priorities again. Lots of people are hurting bad in this recession because they didn't get their priorities right and live within their means.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #41
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91chevywt View Post
If the guy has hungry mouths at home, it's time to sell the SRT10 and buy an economy car, no? Call me old fashioned, but I think it comes to priorities again. Lots of people are hurting bad in this recession because they didn't get their priorities right and live within their means.

you are never too ''rich'' to save cash. its not like he was buying a used belt over a new one. he was trying to save a few bucks. when you have kids even the most amount of money doesnt compare to the money that you dont spend. he was, in the opinion of a napa auto parts counter jockey, buying a ''better quality'' belt...which if you look at the testimony in this thread is absolute bs. dayco belts are decent.

it just all boils down to this guy was trying to save a few bucks. i see plenty of people on this board buying parts off rockauto.com. no one is immune to saving a few bucks when you can get the same or better quality for less elsewhere. not even bill gates
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #42
91chevywt

There's nothing wrong with shopping around or using coupons to get a better deal. But it's different to complain about one store having the belt at a better price and try to get them to change their price. You won't see me driving around to different parts stores and complaining that I can get it cheaper somewhere else. This is why you call around, or check on the internet. If you can get it cheaper there, then do it! Some stores advertise 'lowest price guarantees' but 98% of them don't, and they really shouldn't be obligated to match prices. In my mind, it's the same as going to a diner and complaining about paying $7 for a cheeseburger when I can get one at mcdonalds for $1, and faster at that.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #43
BonzoHansen
Admin.

it is weaksauce negotiating a part price at an autoparts store.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #44
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Tell em they need a printed proof of said lower price.

Then, bertstare.jpg till they go away.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #45
WildBillyT

Quote:
I agree. It's also weaksauce to assume that all parts that look the same are of the same quality.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #46
creeper

I don't have a problem asking for price matching. Craftsman torque wrench is listed online for $25, in store $28. Screwdriver set listed for $22 online, $28 in the store. I don't like overpaying for things just because I live in a wealthy area and stores can mark things up all they want and not have anyone care. I make $8 an hour, I don't care what the cashier or anyone else thinks, if it takes a 3 second question to save an hour of pay I'm going to do it.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #47
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
I don't have a problem asking for price matching. Craftsman torque wrench is listed online for $25, in store $28. Screwdriver set listed for $22 online, $28 in the store. I don't like overpaying for things just because I live in a wealthy area and stores can mark things up all they want and not have anyone care. I make $8 an hour, I don't care what the cashier or anyone else thinks, if it takes a 3 second question to save an hour of pay I'm going to do it.
They also have to pay the employees & the electric company...

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:10 AM   #48
HeadlessNorseman

you dont get rich by writing checks... thats for sure!

JSFBOA

Draino?
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #49
creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
They also have to pay the employees & the electric company...
I realize that. I don't go price match every single thing I buy, but when I go in expecting to pay a certain price I've seen advertised and then it ends up costing more, I get the advertised price.

|2000 Trans Am|T56 swap|Bolt Ons| Suspension|
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #50
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper View Post
I realize that. I don't go price match every single thing I buy, but when I go in expecting to pay a certain price I've seen advertised and then it ends up costing more, I get the advertised price.
Just an fyi, at least for my store, our online counterpart has no connection to us, ie we can't match their pricing....don't know why and don't bother trying to figure it out.

We tell people to order stuff online and do local store pickup if they want the online prices.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge