Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #51
greenformula92

Lookin good bro keep it up she might be running before u leave

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #52
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Yeah man, its come a long way. Keep at it and do all you can without spending money, lots of little things should keep you occupied
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #53
quickkris2006

i need an opti cap before i can even think about having it running 2 of my plug wire connections broke off
quickkris2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #54
quickkris2006

WOW I HAVENT UPDATED THIS THREAD IN SOOO LONG..
this will take to long if i do it by hand so copy and paste it is..

well guys ive finally bought enough lsx parts to warrant a thread.. im putting a lq4 into my 1986 trans am. i was going to make it an all out track car but have since changed my mind.. it will just be another car for me to drive to and from base/work when i feel like it.

im currently stationed overseas in south Korea so i have an amazing friend who i consider my blood brother doing most if not all of the swap for me im sure he will chime in sooner or later on here..

little back story on the car.. i was doing a lt1 swap on my 91 camaro convertible and i came across an amazing deal that i just couldnt pass up from a friend.. well i sold the camaro and put the lt1 into the trans am but had to leave for basic training before i could fully finish it.. it was so close.. just needed small stuff, fuel lines, battery, and so forth.. well the car sat inside the storage unit for the entire time i was away. then i came down on orders to Korea and that just blew any chances of finishing it anytime soon.. well i moved the car up to PA to my uncles house for long term storage.. i came home from korea in march of 2012 on mid tour leave to get married to my beautiful wife and started talking to my brother about building the car.. he said bring it to his house and it shall be done.. well needless to say its there and its getting a whole new setup because he refused to let me drop any more money on the lt1..

here are a few pics from when i was doing the lt1 swap

91 camaro vert- sold and badly missed
86 trans am - 8 point cage, LQ4,L92 heads,LS3 intake, build in process
06 GTO- Daily Driver- full pedders suspension, Kooks muffler deletes,long tubes, GMM Ripshifter, kyne splitter
Old 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #55
quickkris2006

HERE it is, at its new home at my brothers house! and some nice new to me parts..

228R cam kit from TSP

Monster stage 3 clutch

tank

i also have a full body harness from a 2000 camaro from head lights to tail lights.. but no need to picture that mess.. i hate wiring.. and i dont like having electrical gremlins so this whole swap will be PLUG AND PLAY!! only thing ill have to wire in is the headlights and tail lights.. everything else should plug right on in.. im also going with a custom 02 trans am dash that has been fiber glassed and painted black.. its nice but im worried about the glare so i might re prep it and fix a few smaller areas on it and do a satin black instead.. but that will come after everything is installed and she is finally running.. as i have owned this car over 3 years.. and not once have i drove it.. :bomb:

06 GTO- Daily Driver- full pedders suspension, Kooks muffler deletes,long tubes, GMM Ripshifter, kyne splitter
Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #56
quickkris2006

if it wasnt for my wifes stang breaking down i would have been alot farther in this build but it is what it is.. stang got a new transmission, and oil pan gasket, cap,rotor,coil, plugs and wires, brakes, rotors, and tires, flowmaster catback and all new fluids.. that was a good 3,000$+ that i could have put toward this and probably been very close to finishing..
picture of the wifes stang

figured since im posting the cars up might as well do the beauty and the beast while im at it..
my beauty 2006 6spd

and the beast 1999 silverado 2500 (just picked this bad boy up)

Old 04-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #57
quickkris2006

ok shes up to date now lol

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Tags
project