Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #1
ljstella

T56 Swap?

Any of you guys here ever have a tranny swapped? From a 4L60-E to a T56? Obviously I wouldn't be doing it myself, but my uncle owns a trans shop and I'd have him do it, if it is worth it. I really want a 6 speed in this car, not the 4 speed automatic...
ljstella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

I went from 4L60E to T-5 - make sure you search and have the funds. search on here or ls1tech and you will find plenty more info.

1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

6 speeds are for highschool kids. autos are for racers

but seriously, ls1tech has the swap over a billion times posted. in the trans section, its a sticky
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
transmaro93

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
6 speeds are for highschool kids. autos are for racers

but seriously, ls1tech has the swap over a billion times posted. in the trans section, its a sticky
you ever watch how boring a drag race is from inside the car with an auto... especially ones without the manual valve bodies... takes much more skill to be consistent with a manual... whats your car like and how attactched to it are you... id say sell the car and buy a manual car... there is more involved with the electronics of it too... youll need a new engine harness seeing as the trans wires are ran through that... most likely a new pcm for a manual car also... new center console... possbily a new cluster that has the skip shift light ( this may be on the auto cars and just not light up.. im not sure) but to do it legit its going to be a decent amount of work and probably more $$ than your expecting... but like said above... search tech or somthing im sure youll find loads of info about this...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
S.J.SLEEPER

Just swapped my 00z from a4 to m6. not hard @ all. just pm me with any questions you have.

also may have some parts you neet(i.e. extra set of manual pedals,mount,xtra spec clutch kit.etc..etc..)
South Jersey Racecraft
S.J.SLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline