Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #101
NastyEllEssWon

well if they have too many kids in the car and theyre not supposed to then yes they should get pulled over.

the big problem why no lawsuit like that will ever happen is once again...YOU DONT HAVE TO DRIVE....you can just find alternate means of transportation. dont wanna play by the rules dont play the game. that would be like everyone saying....well speed limits only apply to bad drivers, i can handle it and utter chaos will ensue. its just like when the graduated drivers licenses and everyone through a stink about that...now 7 years later many states have adopted the process. no one is forcing you to drive.

the fact that these kids cant just shut up and take the new laws shows that the exact age group theyre targeting really arent mature enough. way to prove their point.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #102
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
Trying to argue with a teenager and tell him that he doesnt know everything is like trying to nail jelly to the wall. They're just going to turn around and say "yes we do" or as in the case of some of the arguments here "other teenagers don't know everything, but I know I do"

We've all been there, and it happens no matter how old everyone else gets, there's always teenagers who know everything. I can't tell you how much I've learned since I knew everything there was to know. Nobody's innocent of it, its just a maturing thing that happens well beyond your 17th birthday.

The kids who THINK they're fantastic drivers are the ones who are the worst. You're not. You will not be, until you realize that you have a lot to learn about driving. A perfect example happened to me last week on 287. I was driving along, about to pass a tractor trailer and I was maybe 30+ feet behind him in the lane to the left, when I got a chunk of rubber thrown at my car.. I slowed down and let what I knew was going to happen happen. MASSIVE tire blow out, followed by a nearly jack knifed trailer. How many kids would have been so P.O'ed that a piece of rubber hit their car that they would have gone up and FLOWN by the truck? probably most of them. If I did that, I would have been hit, first with the full tread off the tire, then by the trailer itself.

There's a lot to learn, a year or two or 3 of driving isn't going to give you all of your lifes experiences, sorry.

I still don't know everything. But when you finally admit that to yourself and get off your own high horse, then you stop being a danger to the people in the other lanes.
Ha ha, you're growing up!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #103
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Oh the british...

Last edited by LTb1ow; 04-18-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #104
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
well if they have too many kids in the car and theyre not supposed to then yes they should get pulled over.

the big problem why no lawsuit like that will ever happen is once again...YOU DONT HAVE TO DRIVE....you can just find alternate means of transportation. dont wanna play by the rules dont play the game. that would be like everyone saying....well speed limits only apply to bad drivers, i can handle it and utter chaos will ensue. its just like when the graduated drivers licenses and everyone through a stink about that...now 7 years later many states have adopted the process. no one is forcing you to drive.

the fact that these kids cant just shut up and take the new laws shows that the exact age group theyre targeting really arent mature enough. way to prove their point.
I don't see why your getting so defensive and angry over this...reading your comments makes me assume that your older than 17 since your all for the law. If you were 17 and had the T/A, you wouldn't have a problem putting a sticker on your car?

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 04-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #105
Frosty

Quote:
Whoah, wait a minute. Since when did this become Nazi Germany? They SHOULD speak up about something they don't agree with, they SHOULD protest, write their government representatives and do whatever they can to fight what they feel is wrong.

Rolling over and just "accepting" something shows immaturity, not the other way around.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #106
NastyEllEssWon

i actually fell in the category of first NJ drivers to have to embark through the graduated drivers license law. imagine my horror when i found out that friends who got their licenses 2 weeks before me had a full fledged license and mine was a piece of paper with a hologram on it...thats right...we didnt have the digital up turned licenses you have. we had to carry a piece of paper that looked like a permit with holograms on them.

now saying that and looking back on it....it wasnt bad. i am also 100 times safer behind the wheel at 25 (26 in the summer) than i was when i was 17/18.

trust us. its a monday morning quarterback type of deal. hindsight is 20/20 and may feel its unfair....its a sticker. deal with it. its the law. christ. how hard is that.

im not angry at all, just ticked a lil at people that are in offense to this. if they made it a law that everyone has to drive with a certain hat on...guess what...your wearing a hat. like i said before. you dont have to drive. its a luxary.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #107
Frosty

So you'd give up your right to voice your opinion and fight something you don't agree with because it's a "luxury"? Yikes.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #108
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Whoah, wait a minute. Since when did this become Nazi Germany? They SHOULD speak up about something they don't agree with, they SHOULD protest, write their government representatives and do whatever they can to fight what they feel is wrong.

Rolling over and just "accepting" something shows immaturity, not the other way around.

its a law. its a just law. its nowhere near shepparding people into cattle boxes and training them to a concentration camp.

they dont want to single you out...they want everyone else to be aware that your an inexperienced driver and i might give myself a little bit more cushion knowing that when i see it.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #109
LTb1ow

So you would wear this is someone said you had too?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #110
NastyEllEssWon

well now your being silly. thats not a just law is it?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #111
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

Quote:
i actually fell in the category of first NJ drivers to have to embark through the graduated drivers license law. imagine my horror when i found out that friends who got their licenses 2 weeks before me had a full fledged license and mine was a piece of paper with a hologram on it...thats right...we didnt have the digital up turned licenses you have. we had to carry a piece of paper that looked like a permit with holograms on them.

now saying that and looking back on it....it wasnt bad. i am also 100 times safer behind the wheel at 25 (26 in the summer) than i was when i was 17/18.

trust us. its a monday morning quarterback type of deal. hindsight is 20/20 and may feel its unfair....its a sticker. deal with it. its the law. christ. how hard is that.

im not angry at all, just ticked a lil at people that are in offense to this. if they made it a law that everyone has to drive with a certain hat on...guess what...your wearing a hat. like i said before. you dont have to drive. its a luxary.
since you brought up the 17 to 25 age difference and how you have become a much better driver, what about the drivers that are 65+, how come they're not getting stickers? The chart a few pages back showed that they are more dangerous than the "avg" aged driver...

00 SS A4- LQ9/LS3/Stalled/3.42s 1.48/11.10/121 mph<-6spd swap in progress.
13 Silverado Z71- Sold 11/16
99 Z28 M6- -H/C/9in - sold 1/13
99 Silverado Z71- The DD - Sold 7/13
03 CBR 600RR - Sold 8/13
Old 04-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #112
Frosty

Quote:
its a law. its a just law. its nowhere near shepparding people into cattle boxes and training them to a concentration camp.

they dont want to single you out...they want everyone else to be aware that your an inexperienced driver and i might give myself a little bit more cushion knowing that when i see it.
I'm not saying they're going to be putting people into cattle boxes but to have such a relaxed "it's just a law" attitude can be dangerous. Any time a certain group of people are tagged, singled out or forced into some type of category it should be looked at with the utmost scrutiny.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #113
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNETSFAN View Post
since you brought up the 17 to 25 age difference and how you have become a much better driver, what about the drivers that are 65+, how come they're not getting stickers? The chart a few pages back showed that they are more dangerous than the "avg" aged driver...

its politics. 17 year olds cant vote. old people can. if they try to push this on the older folks they will just vote that person out of office. they have to lay the groundwork with the younger kids for now that way when they have a bit of statistics to present to the public it doesnt seem like a bad idea.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #114
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
I'm not saying they're going to be putting people into cattle boxes but to have such a relaxed "it's just a law" attitude can be dangerous. Any time a certain group of people are tagged, singled out or forced into some type of category it should be looked at with the utmost scrutiny.

theyre not singling you out they are just trying to keep everyone else just as safe as the law is trying to keep you. its the same thing when the seatbelt law happened, the GDL and the 55 mph speed limit contraversy.

how does it single you out. by telling people your inexperienced. that you might not react as quickly or instictively as an experienced driver. that cops are able to tell you apart when your breaking your gdl rules and having too many kids in the car or when your out past midnight?

so you oppose a law that helps enforce another?
Old 04-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #115
LTb1ow

Its not this law in particular he is upset about, its the mindset of, oh well another law slightly chipping away at our rights...

Thats a scary mindset to get into.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #116
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Its not this law in particular he is upset about, its the mindset of, oh well another law slightly chipping away at our rights...

once again. first line of the drivers manual.

DRIVING IS A PRIVELEDGE NOT A RIGHT
Old 04-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #117
jims69camaro

Quote:
so you oppose a law that helps enforce another?
yes. there are too many laws on the books now that they can't/don't enforce. more law will not solve the problem. law enforcement, on the other hand, will. hire more policemen. have them trained by the best of the older generation. pay them something to cut down on the temptation of corruption. then cut them loose, aimed at enforcing the laws that are already on the books. you'd be surprised what could be done if all they did was enforce the current laws.

see, laws are becoming nothing more than ink on paper. hardly worth the time it took to type it up because no one is going to enforce it. so, yes, i oppose a law that helps enforce another because you will end up with another law on the books that police don't have the time/will-power/payroll hours to enforce. given the current conditions, and the finite number of hours a cop works, would you rather a cop works a murder investigation or making sure that little johnny and susie are not driving after dark/with a bunch of their 17 year old friends in the ca? it's safe to say that if a cop doesn't have time for the current law he won't have time for a law that helps enforce a law he doesn't have the time to enforce in the first place...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 04-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #118
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post

Thank you, someone finally f'in gets it.

Quote:
once again. first line of the drivers manual.

DRIVING IS A PRIVELEDGE NOT A RIGHT
Irrelevant....you're missing the big picture. We all know it's a right, it's not rocket science to figure it out. However if "kids" are the target who is next? Hmmm, older people. Then who? Perhaps African Americans or the angry white man that just lost his job. Doesn't anger cause accidents? I'm sure we could find a statistic showing road rage incidents involving unemployed people or people making less than stellar salaries...I mean we should tag them in the name of "protecting the public" right?

Can the state come up with these laws? Absolutely. Can we exercise our God-given, Constitution-given right and speak out against it? You bet your ass we can.

Last edited by Frosty; 04-18-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #119
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Thank you, someone finally f'in gets it.

Irrelevant....you're missing the big picture. We all know it's a right, it's not rocket science to figure it out. However if "kids" are the target who is next? Hmmm, older people. Then who? Perhaps African Americans or the angry white man that just lost his job. Doesn't anger cause accidents? I'm sure we could find a statistic showing road rage incidents involving unemployed people or people making less than stellar salaries...I mean we should tag them in the name of "protecting the public" right?

Can the state come up with these laws? Absolutely. Can we exercise our God-given, Constitution-given right and speak out against it? You bet your ass we can.

the problem is that your missing. is that as much as you say we all know its a right...its not. they take peoples licenses away from them all the time. just ask your pal sweetricycle
Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #120
Frosty

Sorry, I forgot the word "not" when saying we all know it's not a right

...and who?

Last edited by Frosty; 04-18-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #121
BonzoHansen
Admin.

So Frosty and others, is your complaint the sticker thing or the fact there are graduated licenses?

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #122
Frosty

The sticker.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #123
BonzoHansen
Admin.

While it's a far cry from the absurd examples offered, I think the sticker idea is stupid. But the laws behind the stickers (the graduated licenses) is solid. Reading these responses I get the feeling the two are being confused.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #124
NastyEllEssWon

did you know that the sticker might also be used for people that are overage with a gdl

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 04-18-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #125
Mike
BadMod

what if rather than a sticker on the car (which some people seem to be arguing more because its "ugly" than because its infringing on their "rights") they used a different color license plate on cars driven by "higher risk drivers" ( i wont argue the fact that seniors should go through the same program)

they should also require a written retest and a retest on the drivers course every time they need their license renewed, if your 36 and suddenly forget half the laws on the written test, or suddenly cant pass the drivers test THEY SHOULD TAKE THE PRIVILEGE AWAY FROM YOU. Just like they should for seniors that suddenly lose some of their driving ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge