Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #101
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
See, this is why if you are a fan of making MJ legal, you do not bring up the "oh, but its better/just as bad as *insert other bad thing* to use!" argument because it just enters the slippery slope.

If you want to legalize it, you push the $$$ factor or even the ecologocial factor, not the "its better than meth" argument.

this is why you cant have this debate, because you get the hard heads that ignore all the good things and focus on whatever they want to say and make all sorts of comparisons and get off track forgetting the original argument of economical repair and only remember what they said about meth and coke.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #102
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
this is why you cant have this debate, because you get the hard heads that ignore all the good things and focus on whatever they want to say and make all sorts of comparisons and get off track forgetting the original argument of economical repair and only remember what they said about meth and coke.
Does a fiend need his fix?

Still do not feel comfortable with it being fully legalized as like alcohol. Dunno why. Guess a lifetime of anti drug propaganda did work?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #103
BigAls87Z28

Anyone could make the argument to legalize anything, crack, guns, marrying animals, whatever.
Unlike crack, meth, etc etc, MJ is just more acceptable, easier to implement, and is home grown here in the US already, and is very safe overall.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #104
LTb1ow

Quote:
Anyone could make the argument to legalize anything, crack, guns, marrying animals, whatever.
Unlike crack, meth, etc etc, MJ is just more acceptable, easier to implement, and is home grown here in the US already, and is very safe overall.
So why can't I make steroids in my house?

Not harming anyone, and, I am sure they could advertise on the Jersey Shore show with great results.

Eh?
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #105
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTs1ow View Post

Not harming anyone, and, I am sure they could advertise on the Jersey Shore show with great results.

Eh?
There are lots of people that make supplements in their home. I don't think that the FDA gets involved in it at all either.
Steroids though, I believe, do have to go through the FDA. If you can make it in your house, pass the FDA, knock yourself out.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #106
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:

Eh?
you can, for personal use
hell, i can hypothetically buy my PCT from a research chemical company.... hypothetically
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia

Last edited by Squirrel; 04-27-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #107
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
you can, for personal use
hell, i can hypothetically buy my PCT from a research chemical company.... hypothetically
Orly?

brb....
Old 04-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #108
Slow-V6

Quote:
See, this is why if you are a fan of making MJ legal, you do not bring up the "oh, but its better/just as bad as *insert other bad thing* to use!" argument because it just enters the slippery slope.

Quote:

So I am not a fan because I said MJ is Better/or just as bad as other drugs opposed to saying MJ is more acceptable then other drugs like you did.. Got it.. Thanks for clearing that up..

How about we stop fighting everybody elses war and that should help with the countries budget.. Instead of legalizing an illegal drug to help with our nations money issue..

I was stationed on 3 different aircraft carrier while in the Navy. You know it costs around 50,000 a day to keep a carrier out to sea... There are 8 carriers stationd in Norfolk VA and we went down to Norfolk for Easter weekend and there was 1 Carrier in port and the rest of the 7 out to sea... So for Easter Sunday alone the US Goverment spent around 350,000 for 1 day to have 7 ships out to sea.. Thats not including the rest of the battle group as there are 8-10 other ships that deploy with each carrier... Who know what it costs the US to keep those ships running each day..

Make MJ legal for Medication is fine, but to legalize it in hopes of helping for saving our economy is not the answer when our Armed forces are deployed in how many countries now fighting how many other countries civil wars??? How many nations helped us during our cival war??
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/

Last edited by Slow-V6; 04-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Slow-V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #109
LTb1ow

Legalize MJ, disregard armed forces... acquire pushover lame stoner nation status!

Huzzzah.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #110
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Legalize MJ, disregard armed forces... acquire pushover lame stoner nation status!

Huzzzah.
If I wanted to live in Canada I'd move there.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #111
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow-V6 View Post
So I am not a fan because I said MJ is Better/or just as bad as other drugs opposed to saying MJ is more acceptable then other drugs like you did.. Got it.. Thanks for clearing that up..

How about we stop fighting everybody elses war and that should help with the countries budget.. Instead of legalizing an illegal drug to help with our nations money issue..

I was stationed on 3 different aircraft carrier while in the Navy. You know it costs around 50,000 a day to keep a carrier out to sea... There are 8 carriers stationd in Norfolk VA and we went down to Norfolk for Easter weekend and there was 1 Carrier in port and the rest of the 7 out to sea... So for Easter Sunday alone the US Goverment spent around 350,000 for 1 day to have 7 ships out to sea.. Thats not including the rest of the battle group as there are 8-10 other ships that deploy with each carrier... Who know what it costs the US to keep those ships running each day..

Make MJ legal for Medication is fine, but to legalize it in hopes of helping for saving our economy is not the answer when our Armed forces are deployed in how many countries now fighting how many other countries civil wars??? How many nations helped us during our cival war??

marijuana is not a drug. its a naturally occurring plant. there is nothing done to the marijuana to make it get you high. its just a plant nothing more nothing else.

if you want to read about why marijuana is illegal read a book called The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herrer (rip). it goes into the whole deal. its only illegal because big oil and big wigs stood to lose a ton of money from all the products that marijuana could be made into cheaply, efficiently and more money would go to the farmers who grew it because of its low cost overhead to grow it.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #112
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
If I wanted to live in Canada I'd move there.
You'd have to say "eh" after every sentence and start loving hockey and maple syrup....and Celine Dion....you can't handle it.

oh and Bryan Adams too.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-28-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #113
Slow-V6

Well Its Classified as a drug as my machines that do Drug testing test for it.. Cannabinoids I believe is what it is called. It might be all natual but its still considered a drug..
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #114
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Well Its Classified as a drug as my machines that do Drug testing test for it.. Cannabinoids I believe is what it is called. It might be all natual but its still considered a drug..

its only a drug because the government says it is to line the pockets of the very ones you guys are complaining about when gas prices go up. you can turn a blind eye all you want, but when you complain about big oil companies but continue to support the illegalization of marijuana all youre doing is lining the pockets of the people you are trying to fight.

right now you just need to weigh it on the scales of justice. is keeping marijuana illegal and big wigs rich worth it to keep americas industry down in the dumps, or would you rather let a few non violent offenders out of jail, save money locking them up, give medicine to those that need it and revitalize a dying industry in america.

when you think about it like that the only reason you really want marijuana illegal is because of a few people getting high? its not like mj use will rise, it will stay the same, only thing that would change is that you cant fault anyone for using it after that.

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 04-28-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: tone
Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #115
LTb1ow

I do not see how abuse levels will not rise once it becomes legal for it to be had.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #116
Frosty

Quote:
I do not see how abuse levels will not rise once it becomes legal for it to be had.
Will you start smoking if it was legal? No? Neither would most people(myself included).
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #117
WiMiMc

Quote:

if you want to read about why marijuana is illegal read a book called The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herrer (rip). it goes into the whole deal. its only illegal because big oil and big wigs stood to lose a ton of money from all the products that marijuana could be made into cheaply, efficiently and more money would go to the farmers who grew it because of its low cost overhead to grow it.
reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Brian leads that big campaign about it, and yeah he mentions that hemp could have been a contender to replace paper among other things.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #118
Slow-V6

Quote:
its only a drug because the government says it is to line the pockets of the very ones you guys are complaining about when gas prices go up. you can turn a blind eye all you want, but when you complain about big oil companies but continue to support the illegalization of marijuana all youre doing is lining the pockets of the people you are trying to fight.

right now you just need to weigh it on the scales of justice. is keeping marijuana illegal and big wigs rich worth it to keep americas industry down in the dumps, or would you rather let a few non violent offenders out of jail, save money locking them up, give medicine to those that need it and revitalize a dying industry in america.

when you think about it like that the only reason you really want marijuana illegal is because of a few people getting high? its not like mj use will rise, it will stay the same, only thing that would change is that you cant fault anyone for using it after that.
I have not complained about Oil Prices at all.. I complained about the use of our Armed Forces.. If you Legalize MJ and Tax it that will help the economy. But How many contries ,comparable to the USA in living, have MJ legal so you can buy it at a smoke shop or what not and smoke it legally for enjoyment?? My guess would be not to many.. Why is that??

Now lets compare the US industry vrs the World.. You are saying that the US is in the bottom or dumps compared to the rest of the world.. I bet the us is a lot better then that Vrs the world..
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #119
Slow-V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Will you start smoking if it was legal? No? Neither would most people(myself included).
I would.. Being high is more fun then being drunk.. Since MJ is natual and not bad for you then why not?? It will be legal right? What would be the purpose of legalizing it if most people wont smoke it??

Last edited by Slow-V6; 04-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #120
LTb1ow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Semi paradigm shift, once a few generations are accustomed to having it be legal, it will become common nature to partake in.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."
-Planck

/silly scientific
Old 04-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #121
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:

wanna know a fun fact? alcohol use actually rose during the prohibition era.

Quote:
By the greatest majority of indicators, the biggest drops in alcohol consumption and alcohol problems actually came before national prohibition went into effect. Those drops continued for about the first two years of Prohibition and then alcohol consumption began to rise. By 1926, most of the problems were worse than they had been before Prohibition went into effect and there were a number of new problems -- such as a drinking epidemic among children -- that had not been there before.

why was this? because since it wasnt government regulated they were actually buying stronger booze at cheaper prices than what the government was selling.

if mj was government regulated they would be able to control the quality of the marijuana sold.

would you be interested in this if the average person was available to buy mid grade marijuana saving the high thc count marijuana for the medicinal patients???
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 PM   #122
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
I would.. Being high is more fun then being drunk.. Since MJ is natual and not bad for you then why not?? It will be legal right? What would be the purpose of legalizing it if most people wont smoke it??

havent you been reading. were supporting marijuana legalization not only for the people that want to smoke it, but for the ensuing industry capabilities it offers on the hemp side of things. go look up what hemp can be made into. its amazing.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #123
Slow-V6

Quote:
wanna know a fun fact? alcohol use actually rose during the prohibition era.

why was this? because since it wasnt government regulated they were actually buying stronger booze at cheaper prices than what the government was selling.

if mj was government regulated they would be able to control the quality of the marijuana sold.

would you be interested in this if the average person was available to buy mid grade marijuana saving the high thc count marijuana for the medicinal patients???
But you said it was all natual right?? Now you are messing with MJ by adding or subtracting Additives to make it less potent.. How would that be good??
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #124
Squirrel
13 Second Club

Quote:
But How many contries ,comparable to the USA in living, have MJ legal so you can buy it at a smoke shop or what not and smoke it legally for enjoyment?? My guess would be not to many.. Why is that??
it seems that the US is in the more lax side of the countries that are actually relevant to world affairs in this discussion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalit...bis_by_country
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #125
LTb1ow

Quote:
havent you been reading. were supporting marijuana legalization not only for the people that want to smoke it, but for the ensuing industry capabilities it offers on the hemp side of things. go look up what hemp can be made into. its amazing.
You are kidding right?

Look at the tobacco industry.. to make the most money, of course MJ companies would want to push their drugs onto people to smoke/become addicted/spend tons of money/die of cancer.

Logically smoke to get cancer, smoke to avoid cancer pain?

full circle of winning for MJ companies.

Last edited by LTb1ow; 04-28-2011 at 12:44 PM.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge