Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #1
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

Unhappy Milhouse box keeps going crooked

Guys... have a little issue here. After I installed my Phoenix Gold subs in my milhouse, it keeps falling in on one side. Its constantly crooked and no longer lines up. I am guessing its cause the subs are a lot heavier than my **** RF I had in there. Any ideas what I can do? The box doesnt rest on the black bumpers on one side. I am worried about the plastic paneling because the hinged part of the box is sort of scraping and tearing it up. I tried wrapping material/fabric around the bolt and then placing it in but its putting a lot of strain on it either way. I dont want to flip the box up because I didnt pay a lot for a nice looking bird logo no one can see. LOL
Supercharged 2000 Corvette... 6 speed... went from stock to- ECS supercharger kit, MGW Shifter, American Racing Headers, Corsa Extreme, BC Forged HCA 161 wheels fixed headlights, Corbeau A4 seats, lots of LED and cosmetic upgrades. visit my instagram for more @leetwraps or @leet13

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
casketcrewchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
V
Stalker

easiest way would be to build some type of support to the underside of the box. I dont know what it looks like exactly or how its setup off hand so i cant say for sure how to do it.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

your first problem is you bought a product from subthump.

to fix it you might need to support the inside of the plastic trim with some sort of prop rod and when you flip the box up and down your gonna have to be more gentle. subthump sucks once again
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

LOL... come on, is subthump really that bad? It didnt do it when I had the old subs in... just with these heavy ass Phoenix Gold Xenons. I shoved a piece of wood in there to help prop it up a lil... ghetto!
Supercharged 2000 Corvette... 6 speed... went from stock to- ECS supercharger kit, MGW Shifter, American Racing Headers, Corsa Extreme, BC Forged HCA 161 wheels fixed headlights, Corbeau A4 seats, lots of LED and cosmetic upgrades. visit my instagram for more @leetwraps or @leet13

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
Old 04-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by casketcrewchick
LOL... come on, is subthump really that bad? It didnt do it when I had the old subs in... just with these heavy ass Phoenix Gold Xenons. I shoved a piece of wood in there to help prop it up a lil... ghetto!
where did you put the wood? you should try propping it up from under the plastic trim
Old 04-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
IcemanSS

Thats some getto **** there.....
Outlaw Motorsports of South Florida Founder #1
http://olms.11.forumer.com/
IcemanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

Yes... i might just take that **** out and flip it up and leave it for now. I just dont want the sun shining on my subs (or people looking at it through the window). The wood thats in there now is basically standing straight up in the middle holding the box straight and you cant see it unless you open the trunk and look down in front of the latch.

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
Old 04-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
casketcrewchick

Social Networks:

BTW my plastic trim keeps popping up. Its just that the damn subs are HEAVY.

98 Firebird V6 A4 sold
Old 04-06-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
qwikz28

Social Networks:

i dont know if you know how to but you could try to reinforce the plastic with some wood or metal.... mess around with it somethings got to work

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment