Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment

Notices

Old 12-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

car audio people

what do you think of these?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rtASrLk...p?I=113KFCP505

i wont be buying them from crutchfield, etronics.com has them for $80. how good are kenwood speakers? im just looking for a decent upgrade over my stock tweeters/door speakers...these should fit right in the pods for the tweeters, right? also it comes with crossovers, im wondering if i would need to use them with a stock 6 speaker system?

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
V
Stalker

IMO, kenwood speakers are just decent, nothing great. I would not buy them for any of my cars. If you want better quality at a great price i'd suggest Pioneer, ive installed many sets in several cars and never had any complaints. If you want mainly quality, i'd recommend JL, POLK, or MB quartz. With the 6 speaker system you dont have to keep 6 speakers. most of the time by just changing to aftermarket speakers youll gain the quality that the extra speakers were installed for. With the correct speakers, headunit, and amplifiers, you can make a 4 speaker system sound way better than a factory multi-speaker setup. Personally I have only 2 speakers in my SS(plus 2 12" subs) and you cannot tell its only 2 speakers. Its a pioneer avx-p7300dvd headunit with the rear sail panel speakers being JL 6x9's powered by a 4 ch 740w Alpine v12 amplifier. (subs are running off a temporary 1000w kenwood amp).
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

well what it has now is 2 tweeters on the door right by the a-pillar, and the midranges are in the door in the kickpanel. the tweeters get kinda crackly at high volume, and the midranges just suck for mid range, lol. i have 3 way speakers in the rear so those are OK, they are just crappy sony xplod 6x9s but better than stock (one of the stockers blew out, these were cheap)

i like pioneer too, i have 2 12" pioneer subs and a pioneer deck, i had all pioneer speakers in my blazer, ill have to see what they have for component speakers. thanks

B18B1 FTW
Old 12-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
enRo
13 Second Club

Hate to bust bubbles, but my Pioneer speakers sucked. They only sounded good on full blast, and when I had it set low-med volume, it would sound like a big bowl of Rice Crispy Treats. Then I got Polks and havent had a problem since.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

focal all the way! www.fbodyaudio.com is your friend
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 07:20 PM   #6
qwikz28

Social Networks:

and btw- if anyone posts max power as opposed to rms power for amp wattage or speaker power handling, i will personally hack into tims account and ban them
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #7
V
Stalker

well i said the wattage just to give an idea of the amp(not like a little 150 2 channel jensen), not what i'm putting out to the speakers
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #8
qwikz28

Social Networks:

yeah i know. i just get mad when i see kids talking about their 2000 watt sony amp that can barely push a decent subwoofer. i would like to recomend the high model polks. i read a car audio magazine today that rated them a favorite in its price range. alpine components are decent as well... or if your willing to dish out the money, go focal. the speakers in my camaro retail for about 950 but i got them for 550 on ebay. that seller sold me my old focals as well and some other installation tools. he is local somewhere here in central jersey. real good guy to work with and if your interested let me know i will find him for you.

another side note, the lower model focals were the best speakers i personally ever heard for the money. focal access components. i found a link for you to see if you like it. they are rated at 60 watts but when i had them i was pumping 130 watts to them for an extended period of time at full volume and then never blew. here ya go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Focal-Access-165...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #9
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28
focal all the way! www.fbodyaudio.com is your friend
*cough*theyrenotgoinginanf-body*cough*

im not looking to spend over $120...i just want a decent upgrade over stock. i think im gonna get the kenwoods, unless i find a good deal in the infinity's.

B18B1 FTW
Old 12-15-2005, 07:18 PM   #10
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP99GT
*cough*theyrenotgoinginanf-body*cough*

im not looking to spend over $120...i just want a decent upgrade over stock. i think im gonna get the kenwoods, unless i find a good deal in the infinity's.
most of them dont have fbodies either. still real good tech for car audio.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #11
Mike
BadMod

my buddy had focal components in his dakota, and now has them in his g35, most amazing sound quality i have ever heard.......

that is all i can contribute, since my sterio consists of what gm gave it, and a little alpine mono amp and jl stealth box....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:26 PM   #12
qwikz28

Social Networks:

if i were you i wouldnt half ass a stereo system. your gonna be unhappy and eventually want to upgrade throwing you further down the toilet. the focals i listed are 200 shipped and won an award for the best component speakers with retail of under 250 by some car audio magazine i saw at barnes and noble. its not my car but if setup right you will thank me later.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:14 PM   #13
78camaro

abesofmaine.com

....awesome site, and id deff go with infinity over all unless you got cash coming outta yoru ass and you can go JL.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:56 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
my buddy had focal components in his dakota, and now has them in his g35, most amazing sound quality i have ever heard.......

that is all i can contribute, since my sterio consists of what gm gave it, and a little alpine mono amp and jl stealth box....

my bro put focals in his WRX. they sound amazing.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 PM   #15
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78camaro
abesofmaine.com

....awesome site, and id deff go with infinity over all unless you got cash coming outta yoru ass and you can go JL.
JL = overpriced and would never get a dime from me. not even close to the best out there like they claim
Old 12-20-2005, 11:33 PM   #16
qwikz28

Social Networks:

all 3 people that have heard focals can attest to their quality. if you wanna take a listen to mine your more then welcome to. they are more then worth the money.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > In Car Entertainment