Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
skorpion317

I'm contemplating killing my friends

Not seriously, but the thought has crossed my mind. For some god-forsaken reason, most of the kids i hang out with are ricers. i am one out of two kids in our group who have a Camaro. the rest are all Honda Civics or CRX's. these guys constantly talk about everything they're gonna get done to their cars, turbos, stroker kits, intake/exhaust, everything. they swear they're gonna run in the 9's once they're done. on top of that, they don't know much about any other cars. I nearly got in a fight tonight because of this. here's what happened:

Incident # 1 - We were all talking, just hangin out, when one ricer mentions a V12 dodge Viper. i told him there was no such thing, all vipers are V10s. the only way a V12 would be in there is if someone did a totally custom job. He proceeded to argue with me, even trying to call up a friend who worked at a Dodge dealership to ask him about it. His friend didn't pick up, so the argument pretty much died down.

Incident # 2 - this was the big one. i don't even know how it started, but it escalated pretty quickly. Same kid is talking *****, starts running his mouth off about how he's gonna run my car at the track once he "gets it all done." i tell him i'll whup him, which sets him off. he says "there are CRX's running 9's, how many v6 camaros run that fast?" i told him "those CRX's are in the Pro classes, #1, and there are a few V6 camaro/firebirds running in the 10s." he kept yelling, then went on to call me a "jackass who doesn't know *****." Now, i would have beat him to a pulp by now, problem is, he's only 17 and i'm 20 (yeah i know, our group has a pretty big range, oldest kid is like 21 i think). i would get hauled off to jail after tearing him a new one. it just pissed me off so much, these morons with their weedwhackers running high 16's into the 17s, telling me how their going to run 9's! ***|<in ridiculous. it would help if I had more mods done to my car, so i could really show them up, but i don't have the money right now.... dammit i'm so angry right now!
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:38 AM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

my one and only tip, don't argue with retards. if they wanna tell you about how lisa kubo went a 7.9 in her cavalier all you need to do is say "thats great, was it your car? oh, it wasn't? then i guess you can shut the **** up now"

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
Amy

Get new friends...

j/k.... maybe.

05 Chevy Colorado
5-speed, baby.
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:05 AM   #4
skorpion317

i was so pissed driving home tonight....somehow, though, i wasn't speeding. i usually speed to get my mind off things, but i kinda just let this sit and build up. i seriously wanted to hit the kid after he called me a jackass, but i restrained myself. this kid doesn't even have any performance mods done to his car. here's what he's got:

'88 CRX, white paint
Mods:
white unpainted "Invader" bodykit
Amp and two 10" subs in the hatch
And apparently he's getting a fart can installed within a couple days.

the car will run in the 17s all day. he'd be fine in bracket races, but he'd never win a real race unless it was against some kid on a moped. and yet, he acts as if his car were the greatest thing on 4 wheels. this kinds ***** just sends me over the edge...i need money, and quick dammit!
Old 09-05-2004, 01:19 AM   #5
Vanilla_Gorilla

ricers are stubborn because they fell like they have something to prove

domestic drivers have numbers and over 35 years of proven, track trested, performance to prove their points

'nuff said
Vanilla_Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:35 AM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i don't want to sound like i blame the media for the way people act, but i seriously believe that the import community would be way more advanced if the fast and teh furious never happened.
a very false image of what racing is and should be was presented and then marketeed to death. teh real performance community got swallowed up in it.
there have been people like JG engine making 600+hp honda motors for years. taht is damn impressive, especially out of a 2.0 -2.2 liter motor.
then the movie and the MTV feeding frenzy happened and now i talk to kids and have to answer questions like"how many nawz bottles are in your car?" and hear them talk about double clutching to be faster when they race.
personally, my big knock against teh imports and most small motors is the way they sound. teh pscho weed whacker thing never appealed to me. i still am a fan of speed though, and i can tell you that watching jeff hill from turbo trixx in north jersey launch his AWD first gen talon is plain old fun. the car squirms and fights for traction and puts up numbers while spinnign all 4 tires and rowing a beefed up stock 5spd. unfortunately people like jeff are the exception more than the rule.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #7
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion317
i was so pissed driving home tonight....somehow, though, i wasn't speeding. i usually speed to get my mind off things, but i kinda just let this sit and build up. i seriously wanted to hit the kid after he called me a jackass, but i restrained myself. this kid doesn't even have any performance mods done to his car. here's what he's got:

'88 CRX, white paint
Mods:

the car will run in the 17s all day. he'd be fine in bracket races, but he'd never win a real race unless it was against some kid on a moped. and yet, he acts as if his car were the greatest thing on 4 wheels. this kinds ***** just sends me over the edge...i need money, and quick dammit!
i'll run his ass...and im stock...id hope for mid 14s so i could lay a spankin on him
Old 09-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion317

'88 CRX, white paint
Mods:

i'll run his ass...and im stock...id hope for mid 14s so i could lay a spankin on him
i'd beat him pretty badly too, well over second between his time and my time. that's forever in racing. but he's a bench racer
Old 09-05-2004, 11:23 AM   #9
Oddball

Try racing them to a one mile or even five mile race. Most of their mods are good for only a short distance. Try *sustaining* that speed.

Chances are their car will break before they even cross the finish line.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball
Try racing them to a one mile or even five mile race. Most of their mods are good for only a short distance. Try *sustaining* that speed.

Chances are their car will break before they even cross the finish line.
they don't even have anything! they're talking ***** when they have NO performance mods whatsoever.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:05 PM   #11
Vanilla_Gorilla

most imports are quick to 75 buts that about it
i used to let them get a good lead and when we'd hit 70 id punch it and blow their car apart
i stopped the killing on the streets cuz it got way to easy
Vanilla_Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #12
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

i say put some money on a race & bring it to the track if he backs out you call him out till he races you and looses his $
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:11 PM   #13
Jersey_TA
10 Second Club

I would be more than happy to drive up there one night with a few others to show him how it is.
2000 T/A WS6 - 11.190 @ 119.79...SOLD
Jersey_TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #14
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey_TA
I would be more than happy to drive up there one night with a few others to show him how it is.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

i cringe most when they try to stage at the track. see them back up 3-5 times and the staging lights just blink on and off, then they red light. I wish they would just go home, after all its not that frigging hard to stage.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 11:02 PM   #16
BigAls87Z28

ahaha, which reminds me...

usual night at the track with a first time ricer racer.

Step 1- Drive through the water pit, make sure you get your 175/70-14's nice and wet..

Step 2- Try and do a burn out, only to hit your rev limiter and dont do anything but make noise.

Step 3- Fly past the tree....you know, like thoes big time race car drivers do!

Step 4- Line up at the tree

Step 5- after the guy at the track backs you up to the staging beam, keep inching foward till you are no longer staged.

Step 6- After you finaly get a hold of your beast from tripping teh beam, rev your engine till VTEC kicks in, then let teh clutch go

Step 7- stall out and or break something.

Step 8- go to school/work/social event and say you ran 12's on all motor.

Also, I know how you feel. My one friend is a car-stupid. He wants ever single car in the world that is trendy. He wanted a new TL, a RSX-S, and even an Accord sedan...
He finaly settled on a Jeep Wrangler. Now, he wants to mod it...so logic would dictate that you would not get a new car, when there are so many used Wranglers out there, right? Why spend all the money on new car, and that you cant touch with the warranty right? Well, my friend doesnt seem to understand that. So he gets a NEW Rubicon model. Hes already talking about superchargers and he wants to put not one, but TWO cut outs on the car!! WHAT ARE YOU GUNNA DO WITH CUT OUTS ON A WRANGLER? Then he wants a flame thrower kit for the car...and raise it like 15ft off the air with 45 inch tires...I just wanted to smash his head into the steering wheel. Luckly Jeeps are made to come part...so I started taking **** apart on his car. He got all pissed off, and I called his new car a hunk of ****. Didnt tell him it was supposed to do that.
He always questions me when I talk about cars. He goes "I want to get a 2000 Silverado, witht eh 5.3, and put on a supercharger, then get a chip"
.. I say.."it doesnt get a chip, its OBDII, it takes a flash." So he gives me the I dont belive you look. I told him to go look up a chip for a 00 Silvy, and tell me the cost. He comes back and tells me that he can get a hypertech chip that plugs in to this thing under your dash, and you flash this code into the computer....I just walk away before I hurt him. Now he wants to get a "chip" for his Jeep.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #17
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

When i listen to ricers, I tend to just nod my head and say "um hum... thats cool"
Old 09-06-2004, 04:25 PM   #18
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
When i listen to ricers, I tend to just nod my head and say "um hum... thats cool"
yea i just don't listen

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge